“All round stellar dining experience at Ristorante Torre di Angelucco in Martina Franca, Puglia”

Ristorante Torre di Angelucco
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: closed on Tuesdays. Chiuso il martedi.Aperto anche a pranzo
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Grilled octopus, bream with minted spaghetti-like strands of zucchini chocolatey custard-filled egg crepes, local wine, attentive chef sensitive to our food sensitives, pleasant service and calming cosy ambience. All made for a wonderful experience we look forward to repeating when next in Martina Franca Puglia.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have to agree with most other reviews here. Although a little hard to spot this restaurant was a gem. I had the meat course and my partner the fish and all 8 dishes were of a amazing standard and very reasonably priced. The wine as in all of Puglia was very good also. The chef, Angela, was very attentive and took the time to come out and explain each dish in turn which was very nice. All in all possibly the best food I have ever eaten definitely in Italy. I am sure we will be back next year.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, elegant surroundings and great traditional pugliese food with unexpected innovative twists. Definitely a "going back" restaurant. Nice wine selection and great gentle air conditioning make the experience a true little gem in Martina Franca

Reviewed July 15, 2013

New and stylish restaurant a few hundred meeters away from the main shopping street. All 3 of us took the full fish menu (30 euro) and got a fantastic 4 course dinner including welcome drink and an 'Amuse bouche'. All courses were inventive with respect for the ingredients. The desserts were worth a Michelin star.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Me and my wife came to Puglia in 2011, we stayed in Masseria Bagnara and the food in the Masseria was better than anything we ever ate, we go out every week for dinner so have a good base for comparison - we do like the pure Italian cuisine...

When we returned in June 2013 they told us Angela was gone and replaced, so we asked (and hoped) if she opened up a restaurant somewhere. They referred to il Torre di Angelucco and said that Angela was still their chef in their hearts :). So we made a reservation for dinner.

The restaurant is a nice & cosy restaurant in Martina Franca, everything was finished with attention to the details, but ofcourse we came for Angela and her food. We had the fish menu and were allowed to have one of each antipasti/primi/secondi (and when my wife pointed to some fried food we got that as an extra, and my wife got an extra antipasti because she absolutely loved the Mozzarella in Kataifi when we went there in 2011)... To top it off we had a good bottle of local red wine and a bottle of Prosecco... The service was superb and with a smile, some Italian language is advisable.

If I'm ever in the region again, we will certainly go again (twice!) because I have never been in an Italian restaurant like this before. I hope Angela has success with her restaurant which she runs with her friend and his sister.