“Excellent and amazing service!”

Atlantic Hotel Arona
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Arona
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel for 2 consecutive weeks with my groups and the service was excellent, all the staff are very helpful and Fabio, Marco, Roberto and all the kitchen staff are amazing, the rooms are good and very clean, the breakfast and dinner are excellent and the food was very good, there is also free wi-fi but unfortunately from my room the signal was poor. I recommend this hotel in all aspects!

Thanks a lot and hope to see you all next year! :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anthony B

Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel per se is nothing special. However the location is very interesting. Most of its balconies are right opposite Lake maggiore offering a very pleasant view. The rooms are quite narrow with little space. However the room facilities are just as fine like higher rated hotels. The room service was brillant and that includes cleaning. They also have a bar and weekly entertainment on the roof. The breakfast is good just as dinner. Dinner is a three course meal. The thing that impressed me most is the courtesy of the personnel esp. those in the dining lounge. On the last day they prepared a surprise cake and a reception for us. Most probably one of the best hotels in the locality.

Room Tip: The best rooms are those facing the lake
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank abug011
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel is well situated in the town, rather pricey for what I would consider 2 star although they claim 4 stars on the facade of the hotel! On par with the rest in this town.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Nicko999
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Located in the center of Arona this simple 3-star 4-floor hotel has good service but the rooms are old and the price is definitely high for the environment/amenities. Also the shower is pretty small, but the slow wifi is free.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 24, 2012

As I arrived at Milan Malpensa Airport, Arona was a good first stop.
I chosed the Atlantic Hotel as it was near the train station, the boat, the lake and center town. This is the only good point about this hotel. I was quite surprised to see how the room was. It felt old and a little unclean. The floor was not flat and it's so unexpected that I felt like climbing some small hill as I entered. Bathroom is basic, correctly sized, but old. The electric blinds didn't work well and we can hear the trains. Breakfast was good, except the cakes that were obviously multiple days old and not kept well (very dry).
All in all, it's more like an overpriced 2 stars hotel.

Room Tip: choose a lake side room. especially as you'd find the train station on the other side. hotel is...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Djian
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here rather than stay in Milan as it was closer to Malpensa airport for our flight home. We had spent time at the lakes on arrival in Italy and thought it would be a lovely way to finish our trip.
After having some wonderful experiences we were disappointed. This hotel is overpriced, outdated and in need of a refurb. The lady on reception was pretty abrupt also.
We didn't have great weather and the room was fairly depressing. Bathroom was a good size but tiles were old and looked unclean. Definitely needed modernizing . The one good thing about the room was the electric blinds which made for a good nights sleep.
Breakfast was good and the breakfast staff were accommodating when we walked in late, 10 am which was when breakfast finished.
When we got home from holiday I realized when re packing I must have left a small bag with some presents (jewellery) for my friends on the dresser. I emailed the hotel to ask if it had been handed in. It's now almost 4 weeks since we arrived home and I still have not had any acknowledgment of my email.
Sums up our stay really.
If you're considering staying here, I recommend you drive another 15 minutes north around the lake and stay in Stresa! The la Palma hotel was amazing .. And the same price. Check out my review of the la Palma . We are kicking ourselves we didn't drive back there!!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here for three nights on a touring holiday. It is near, but not on, the lake and there is a road outside but I was not disturbed by noise at all. The bar is outside which is not very good if it is cool! The hotel is clean. My room had a balcony and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small but it had a bath. After a long day travelling I thought I would like a bath so I pushed the plug down, turned the taps on, poured in bubble bath an watched as it all disappeared down the plughole because the metal plug didn't fit. (room 211).
The food was poor for a four star hotel and they have no idea what to give a vegetarian. I resorted to fish but even that wasn't up to scratch. The next hotel I stayed in was the three star Hotel Jolanda in Santa Margherita which was far better than this one with four stars!
I wouldn't stay here again unless the food improved considerably.

Room Tip: If you want a bath, avoid room 211!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple