“Now THIS is an Italian hotel!”
Review of Hotel Massimino

Hotel Massimino
Dublin, Ireland
“Now THIS is an Italian hotel!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was here as part of a friend's wedding party and I am so jealous that they got married first because I would LOVE to go back here for my big day! The staff were exceptional; Ottavio is a riot so don't leave without having a chin-wag with him. The food was, as expected, the most tasty and authentic around. The rooms were luxury; ours had a very private balcony with a beautiful view - we even had Sky Sports on the television which personally was a big plus. It's short walking distance from the train station and there's a cheap local bus that brings you directly to the lake which is the main feature of the town. The only thing that annoyed me was the cleaning staff every morning. They didn't seem to care that people were asleep in the other bedrooms and made a lot of noise. But really, I just wanted to stay there for twice as long as I did!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ottaviofebb13, Direttore at Hotel Massimino, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
thanks
for taking the time to write on trip advisor
your compliments make us honor and we are delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality.
I'm sorry for the cleaning staff and I apologize on their part
I sincerely hope that the happiest day of your life that is the marriage come to Italy to crown it
our hotel will be at your disposal and will be an honor to host you
<mi you remember perfectly artists fotografia>
a warm greeting
Ottavio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

just spent 1 week at massimino.... fantastic, is the only way to describe this hotel in every way the cleanliness, staff and food all exceptional we have stayed in many hotels rated higher but none have exceeded the way massimino is run, the family are the most friendliest people you will ever encounter in the hotel business ever willing to help or advise you without being intrusive nothing is to much trouble. The food in the restaurant is the best we ate in the area delicious i can only praise them all.
thank-you
barry & linda

Room Tip: great for transport links buses and trains
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ottavio c, Direttore at Hotel Massimino, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
thanks
thank you for the compliments and we are proud that your stay in our hotel and our kitchen has been assessed better than other structures
I remember with great sympathy and affection
a greeting from all the staff
Ireland
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and could not fault anything about this hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean with air con. However it is the service that really makes this hotel. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We also had lunch and dinner at the hotel and both were excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ottaviofebb13, Manager at Hotel Massimino, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your opinion on our hotel
We are happy that you have enjoyed our stay and that you enjoyed our cuisine
I hope to have again our guests
a greeting
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my husband had an amazing Wedding in Anguillara a week ago today. After reading the Trip Advisor reviews of Hotel Massimino over a year ago I contacted them and immediately felt at ease reserving their hotel for our guests despite not having visited the hotel in person (we were organising our wedding from Ireland and our reception was taking place in an outdoor private villa on the lake). Initially our concern was how we would accommodate 65 guests without having even sent invitations and knowing the final number, however, the hotel had no issues provisionally reserving enough rooms for 70 people. They even updated the website so that others could not book online. We worked closely with the hotel over the course of the year to arrange all the details of everyone's stay, particularly with a lady named Cristina who speaks perfects English and whose attention to detail and professionalism was unwavering.

We eventually visited the hotel for the first time in May and we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is family-owned and is run by two brothers, Ottavio and Enrico. They couldn't have taken better care of us. They took time to go through the guest list to make sure their details matched mine and took time to show us some rooms so that I had a spacious room for the morning of the Wedding considering we had photographers and videographers etc.

Eventually the week of the Wedding arrived and we had arranged to have a welcome meal for our guests the evening before so that everyone could mingle and get to know each other. The hotel worked hard all day, even bringing one of the owners' nephews in from holiday to help out. They accommodated our wish to have dinner outside the hotel in the veranda area and the meal was fantastic. They worked with us on the menu and catered for those with dietary requirements and everyone was very impressed. It was like a mini-wedding, such was the professionalism and friendliness that the team displayed. We had some guests driving from France and northern Italy who had arrived later in the evening and they even accomodated them by putting on extra food. The hotel went, in our opinion, over and above. They arranged a bus for us to pick up our guests on the morning and transported them to the Church and then on to the reception and home in two runs after the wedding; they decorated the receptions area with flowers for the morning of the wedding so that everything looked good for the photographs; they collected our guests from the lake area when we were stuck for taxis, they out some welcome packs we had made up for the guests in all the rooms, they even left a gift of wine and liqueur in our room along with a thank you note for choosing, not their hotel, but their country as our destination of choice.

My husband and I have stayed in some lovely hotels around the world and while we are in our early thirties and don't pretend to have seen it all, we are agreed that it will take a lot to beat this experience! Maybe it was post-wedding blues but I actually felt emotional leaving Hotel Massimino!!

Ottavio, thank you for always being so smiley and helpful and for making everything flow so seamlessly. We had some good laughs along the way! Cristina, thank you for all the translations and assistance with our bookings and for always being so patient and thorough in our dealings. We would have been lost without you!! Enrico, thank you for overseeing such an amazing pre-wedding meal and for all your help during our stay! Davide, thank you for taking such good care of us in May and for coming in on your time off to help! Gianluca, thank you for being so smiley and for taking such good care of our guests, you made quite an impression on everyone! We will be back next year for our anniversary and we may have some guests in tow as some people are already talking about coming back!! We are extremely grateful for all your help in making our stay and our wedding a time to remember so fondly. Hotel Massimino may be a 3 star hotel but to us the service was undoubtedly 5 stars!!! Can't recommend it enough! Lynda and Ciaran :-)

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ottaviofebb13, Direttore at Hotel Massimino, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for writing your opinion on tripadvisor
We are happy that everything went well
for us it was a beautiful event, reading your comment I was moved, now you will always be part of our family we are very proud that everything went according to your expectations
all the guests were very kind and very nice.
Your event will remain 'forever in our hearts
thank you for having chosen our country to crown the most beautiful day of your life
an affectionate greeting to you and your family and friends
I hope your visit in the near future
greetings
Ottavio Catarci
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Hi there,

I just got back from Anguilara, Itlay on Wednesday. I had such a fantastic holiday... all thanks to the staff at Hotel Massimino! They were friendly, helpful and anaged to create a friendly, relaxed, yet proffessional atmospere!

I was there with my family to celebrate the sister's wedding. The hotel catered for 75 of us, for a pre wedding meal, the night before the big day. It was run with military prescision! The food was excellent and so was the wine! All staff members were helpful at all times we needed them!

The hotel itself was spotless, fresh and had great air conditioning! The rooms were kept clean and fresh on a daily basis. The food is great in particular the breakfast!

There is a bus running to and fro beautiful lake Bracciano, with stops right outside the hotel! The train station to and from Rome and the airport, is just two minutes walk around the corner!

I cannot say enough good things about Hotel Massimino. I was very sad to leave and will be returning next year!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ottavio c, Direttore at Hotel Massimino, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
thanks
six very kind to us all these compliments
you too were fantastic guests, always smiling
It was an honor for us to have you hosted in our hotel
You and your family are really good people
an affectionate greeting to your father and your mother and your brother Alan
a special greeting to the newlyweds
I hope you come back next year with your children
greetings
Ottavio Catarci
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have just arrived back from a friends wedding in Anguillara Sabazia. I spent 5 days at this hotel and have to say it was flawless. The rooms are spacious, air-conditioned and very clean. The food is excellent from pasta to pizza to fish. Although it is about a 35 minute walk from the Lakeside beach, there is a bus which stops right outside the hotel which takes you to the beach and town centre in 10 mins and costs just 1 euro. The most impressive feature of the hotel is the incredibly friendly staff. Graze Ottavio! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ottaviofebb13, Manager at Hotel Massimino, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your very kind review.
We will remember with great affection, you and all your friends have been really kind and polite.
It has been memorable wedding.
I hope to see you soon.
Evviva l'Irlanda.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Me and my Mom decided to spend some days at one of the most wonderful but quite unknown in Russia lakes of Italy - Bracciano. We chose Hotel Massimino for our stay and were impressed by a very friendly atmosphere of the hotel, almost like at home!!! The room was very tidy, clean and spacious - we had a room for 3 persons even if we were in 2 :) Enjoy your stay at Massimino ;))))

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ottaviofebb13, Direttore at Hotel Massimino, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Olga,
Thank you for your kind review, we are really glad that you enjoy your stay in our hotel.
Greetings to you and your mom Eugenia from all the staff of Hotel Massimino ..
I wish you a happy life.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anguillara Sabazia
Albergo della Posta
Albergo della Posta
#3 of 5 in Bracciano
Albergo Ristorante Alfredo da Persichella 1960

Been to Hotel Massimino? Share your experiences!