“Genuine service and great food”
Review of Il Vecchio Salus

Il Vecchio Salus
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

The host welcomed our party most kindly and was cheerful adding to our good mood. He was helpful assisting our selection of wine and toppings for the pizzas. We had pizzas, all of which was great. Ask for the pizza margharita with onions and aubergine- marvellous.

Reviewed August 19, 2016

This is a lovely place to eat in Centro Storico. The waiter was extremely friendly and helpful with explaining the menu. We had fish platter which was perfect, and unlike Australia, it was not fried in batter.
We would definitely recommend you try this place, and were sorry we did not find it earlier.

Reviewed September 28, 2015

Recommended by our BnB host, we really enjoyed the atmosphere, food and service so much that the next day, we returned for lunch!

Reviewed August 28, 2015 via mobile

A year on from our last day of the holiday dining experience at Vecchio Salus, we decided to visit again. Ordered our food and waited. Antipasto plate came out. It was huge. Smoked mozzarella is something of an acquired taste. House wine was warm and barely drinkable. Before we'd finished the starter the potatoes (crisps which at €5 seemed rather expensive), for the main course arrived. My sea bream followed and we still hadn't finished the starter. Whilst I then tucked into my sea bream my partner's main course didn't arrive. 15 minutes later I drew this to the waitresses attention. No apology but were told it would be 5 minutes. 10 minutes later the gnocchi arrived but I had already finished my meal. The gnocchi was swimming in oil. The porcini were too chewy and the gnocchi itself was very heavy. Certainly not worth the wait. Having asked for the bill still no apology or offer of anything to make amends. Really unhappy after such a lovely meal here last year.

Reviewed May 18, 2015

I eaten very well, too much,......paying an onest price!!!
Very nice the owner: a LAZIO fan. Everybody could feel at home.

1  Thank BottoneRepublic79