“Deserves 6 stars”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2017

This was my first time in Anguillara and I am so lucky we ate in the best restaurant ever.
The fish was delicious as well as the whole experience. Our host Daniella was the most precious person we met in Italy. Very welcoming and sincere. I think by the next time we visit this wonderful restaurant will be #1 in every category. What a special night we had to end our vacation. Grazie sweet Daniella.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

We have been in Italy several times, especially in Tuscany but this charming place totally "stole out hearts". The atmosphere with old romatic songs and lot of lights was amazing...Meal one of the best Italian meal which we have ever had but what was the best was charming owner... The real Italian lady Daniela who will explain you everything about your food and will make your visit memorable... Thank you for everything and we will let to know about your place to all our friends. Blazena&Milan from Slovakia

Reviewed June 19, 2017

An absolute gem of a place that you need to visit to experience the difference between good restaurants and excellent ones! We first visited for dessert and a night cap and was treated with such warmth and genuineness. The dessert was wonderful, was all homemade and served with a great wish that we enjoyed it.... Which we did!

We returned on our last evening and again was met with great kindness in explaining the menu and a real sense of pride and love for the food.

The food was exquisite and the location is stunning and this combined with the service and just all round niceness is what set this place apart. The inside is just as nice and you get a real sense that it is cared for as much as the food.

The owner really leaves a wonderful impression on you and a desire to return again. I really can't praise her or her restaurant enough. Don't forget to try the homemade limoncello!

It's magical and will definitely return!

1  Thank spower23
Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

This place has the most pleasant owners we have met in Italy- the lady in charge- the chef's wife-was so helpful and gentle!
We enjoyed sitting outside on the terrace overlooking the lake. The truffle pasta was the best! My husband's steak was done perfectly and was very flavorful. My chicken made Florence style by the chef who had worked there was very good- it was refreshing to see that here people use dark meat which I find more flavorful!
Thank you so much- we wish you all the luck with your establishment!

Reviewed June 13, 2017

Words cannot describe what a total delight this place was this past Sunday night. We arrived on the train from Rome as a recommendation of our dear friend in NYC. He had never even been to the restaurant, but knew the owners and loved them so much he said it was worth meeting them if we could. So with only 4 short days in Rome, we went out to Anguillara on our last night and were BLOWN AWAY!!!

The food is perfection, and that's not even the best part. We started with beautiful local cheeses and spreads, arranged in order by age...and all local of course. We then shared the best tagliatelle Florentine (a Tuscan version of a bolognse) that my husband and I have ever had. And for the main we had a local white fish that was so delicate, yet cooked in butter and topped with truffles and crispy on the outside. How Samuel (the chef) created and perfected that dish astounds me. We were stuffed, but saved room for the most delightful pistachio icecream topped with warmed local chestnut honey (to die for). I couldn't believe how perfect everything tasted!

And Daniela (the owner) chose the most delicious rose wine that stood up to the pasta, yet didn't overpower the fish. She's a genius!

That's the best part.....Daniela and Samuel. They left their successful art business that they had for 20 years to pursue their passion, food and people. Seeing them fuss over every customer (and eventually friend) is a sight to behold. And it makes me happy to have met them and honored to have dined at their restaurant.

I don't care where you are in Italy, this place is worth a visit to. We would plan a trip to the area just to be able to come here again, enjoy the delicious food and laugh with Daniela and Samuel. (P.S. The decor is flawless too! Twinkle lights everywhere make you feel like you're in a dream....and you may just be.)

1  Thank AnnaKMorris