“Good pizza great tiramisu ”
Review of Pizzeria Il Ciocco

Pizzeria Il Ciocco
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Moneglia
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Very nice and cozy restaurant. Pizza is good with good prices. My favorite part was the servers that are so nice and accommodating. The tiramisu was awesome as well. Very fresh and tasty.

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

A simple restaurant, with good service and nice and real Italian pizza! We would recommend this restaurant for sure!

Reviewed May 14, 2017

Our family of 4 went here for dinner and it was great! We ordered 4 pizzas (had a little left over). The waiter was actually the owner of the restaurant and he chatted with us about pesto and how he makes his. They use fresh ingredients and they won't make something if they don't have the right ingredients! We are going back again to see if they have the tiramisu we have heard about!

Reviewed March 30, 2017

When I got a bit tired and looking for a new place to visit I took some days off and decided to visit the magical Cinque Terre. I found a good accommodation in Moneglia (very close to Monterosso) and once I got there I was curious and asked around which is the best place to eat pizza.
All answers received led me to Pizzeria Cioco and I’m really glad I ate there.
Cioco is a small place and it opens in the evening only(at least that’s how it used to open when I was there) so close to 19:00 you will start seeing people form a line and wait for the doors to open.
My advice if you want to eat pizza here: go a bit earlier and you’ll have better chances at catching a table. However if you can’t make it at 19:00 don’t worry: people usually don’t spend that much time at the table so you can take your chances and wait for a little bit.
I won’t bother you with details of location since Moneglia is really small and it is a pleasure to walk for a little bit before eating (plus everybody knows where Cioco is).
The waiting staff is very ok and we were greeted warmly each time we ate there. Small jokes, recommendations, all made us come back for 2 more times before departing Moneglia.
Now for the pizza: the pizza is thin crust (like original Italian pizza is) and delicious. Even though almost 3 years have passed I still hold the prosciutto crudo eaten there as a reference when eating pizza in other places.
I plan to return some day to Moneglia(because of the great accommodation I had there) and eat another pizza at Cioco. That’s how good it was for me.

1  Thank Stefan P
Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

As we went here on a friday, there was a queue to get a table. The pizzeria itself wasn't particularily big, which was nice. The staff seemed stressed (again, the place was packed), but evenso, they were very nice and friendly, and gave us great service.
The food arrived quickly, and was delivered by a man I presume was the owner and founder, which was nice. He seemed like he delivered each pizza with pride - and rightly so.

The pizza was absolutely amazing. I had one with all kinds of different hams and salamis on, and it was really tasty.

A must-visit if you ever find yourself in Moneglia!