“Just mindblowing dishes”

Ranked #9 of 51 Restaurants in Moneglia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: On the beautiful Avenue of the Palms at few steps from the sea refined and elegant restaurant where you can taste the specialties of the Ligurian cuisine.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Hi,
We spent two weeks in Moneglia, and that restraunt absoluly bit the other by the quality of the dishes. A spaghetti and risotto frudi di mare were absolutly amazing: full of mussels, prawns, squids, octopus and even crawfish (in other places there were only mussels and prawns). The portion was really large - barelly eatable by one person.
What could surprise you is the prise - just like in other restraunts about 12 Euro for the dish.
In my opinion absolutly the best.
Pawel from Poland

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The restaurants higher up the list were fully booked so we had to find a good restaurant in Moneglia.

This restaurant seemed to be a good alternative. All of our four dishes were very tasty. We were not dissapointed by any aspect in the restaurant. The food was good, the price is very low for what you get (both quantity and quality).

There was only this one thing missing: atmosphere. Usually I don't stress on this but this time it was too obvious: some restaurants in Italy have poor lighting and look like cantines. I am pretty sure that a slight change of lighting and arrangement of the restaurant would make this place excel.

This is a general thing in Italy. Please people, drop the disgusting flat white lighting and think about how you can transform a room without even touching anything but the lighting.

Other than that we had good dinner for a relatively low price!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

we went on a Saturday evening, it was very busy so maybe this was why the service was poor. but i must say the food was good so thank you chef. hope you don't get shouted at when you ask for a table!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a small lunch with my daughter there. Tortellini bolognese were very good also my cozze alla marinara were delicious. I appreciate nice staff with intention to help me even though I do not speak italian. I can recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

It is easy to walk past this restaurant as it looks quite plain but the quality of the food is far from plain. Our fellow diners run a Swiss hotel so this is not just an amateur view! Excellent mussels or ravioli first course. Pasta lobster main course was fantastically good value - everything it should be and more - certainly no skimping on the lobster and amazingly good value at 16 euros . Good local wines to accompany meal. Complimentary grappa to round things off - and it was drinkable - most of the free ones I have had recently have finished up in the nearest plant pot. Good promenade location.