All reviewstrain stationamalfi coastcontinental breakfastsense of humourminute walkeasy accessgood sizenaples airportfrancescodistopspianominibarpompeii
Reviewed October 5, 2014

Had an unpleasant stay at this hotel, which I would not rate 3 stars.
The staff was welcoming but the room was noisy, with very little amenities. The Internet did not work all the time and was not at reach in the terrace or restaurant.
It was also a fair bit to walk to the centre of Piano di Sorrento (to catch the bus to Sorrento), a little closer to the train station.
Considering it is also a cooking school, I was hoping the food would be better than it actually was.

Stayed: October 2014
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Soleluna is managed by two sisters while their father, Biaggio, runs the kitchen. In fact he offers hands-on cooking classes every afternoon. Imagine having a real Italian chef teach you some authentic recipes, which, once prepared and cooked, is then served to the diners in their indoor/outdoor restaurant for dinner. The best restaurant in Italy is hidden right here in the hotel.
The rooms are also nice and clean. The owners and staff are very friendly and always present in the ground floor cafe.
This hotel is 3 km from the center of Sorrento, but only 2 minutes' walk from one of Sorrento's best beaches! The train stops 5 minutes' walk away from the hotel, convenient for going into Sorrento (one stop) or in the other direction to Pompeii, Visuvius, or Napoli.
Want to feel like you are part of an Italian family? Then stay here while visiting the area!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Guliverstravels
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Nice hotel located 800 meters to railway station (Piano di Sorrento). I recommend to stay here in comparison with Sorrento itself. Sure, Sorrento is more attractive to have parties, shopping and so on, but Piano is more comfortable for swimming, sunbathing, etc. moreover, it is just 2 stations of train. As to the hotel management... charming people, assisting you when you ask. Our room (102) was quite big, good air conditioning, WC equipment, no TV set. Price: I'd be happy to pay less, but everything in Sorrento area is more expensive in comparison with Naples (as example).

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tabakhov
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great stay here, stones throw away from the beach,, absolutely delicious food, like mouth watering scoops of heaveness. While I was staying here, I wasn't too well and had to go to hospital. The family looked after me, they took me to the hospital, waited for me until a doctor came and then they came to pick me up. Once I returned ( and it was late) , they offered to cook me some food and made me some tea. I was travelling alone, so to have such care and attention to detail was amazing, I'm so grateful. I also did a cook school while I was here, such a great chef. Very informative, made it easy and fun to learn and allowed me to learn dishes I wanted. A great little gem.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The hotel has a cooking school so you can order the dinner the cooking school and chef made. The friendly family are there all day and evening in the breakfast bar or the kitchen. Good headquarters for visits to Pompei, Capri, and Amalfi Coast. Small pets are welcome.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. No pool but five minute walk to the beach and ten minute walk to Circumvisuviano train to Naples, Pompei and Sorrento.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo