All reviewstrain stationamalfi coastcontinental breakfastsense of humourminute walkeasy accessgood sizenaples airportfrancescodistopspianominibarpompeii
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We could not have asked for anything more! The staff is so friendly and kind, the food is delicious, the location is beautiful, and the price absolutely cannot be beat! After traveling all day, we took the Circumvesuviana (?) train from Naples to Piano di Sorrento's stop, from which we had about a 10 minute walk to Hotel Soleluna. (Laura kindly gave us simple walking directions). We were greeted with a smile and Laura sat with us, gave us a map, and gave us a through run-down of exactly what we needed to know- where we could watch the sunset, where we could walk to the beach, arrangements for dinner (served by students at the cooling school on premises), arrangements for the most fabulous boat excursion to Capri. We felt like we had arrived at the home of relatives.

We were starved after being on a train all day from Florence, and although it was afternoon "off"time, they happily whipped up a fantastic cheese, meat, and olive plate. We easily tooktravis to the nearby town of Positano and had a wonderful evening, dining at Chez Black, as recommended by Laura. The excursion they recommended and arranged is an absolute MUST - boat ride around the Island of Capri including stops at the three famous grottoes, a stop for lunch and swimming, a 3 hour dropped on the island, and return trip...also including shuttle service from the front of the hotel , all for €75.

We opted to have dinner one evening with the students who had been cooking there all day. It was delicious! David guided them well, and during dinner told us about each of the four courses, and shared some of his personal journey up to studying at this Mami Camilla cooking school.

The room was beautiful, clean, and new, and very spacious. I Cannot speak highly enough of the wonderful experience we had at Hotel Soleluna!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This hotel is well-run, clean, quiet and has a delightful coffee bar on the ground floor. I attended the Mami Camilla Cooking School for a week, which is owned by the family, and also on the ground floor. We made dinner every night for guests staying at the hotel. I loved the cooking school, the hotel, the breakfast, and the entire Longo family. It is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The B&B is a family owned business. We loved the place: clean, tidy, safe and very friendly.
The place has its own cookery school and a coffee shop accompanied by a selection of homemade ice creams (about 8-10 varieties!). Continental breakfast was more than we wished for: homemade patisserie, local specialities, fruits, juices and fresh coffee. They served a set 4 course meal every night (apart from Sunday). The food was fantastic and very reasonably priced. If one wished for a change of cousin, then there was an option to dine at the local Pizzeria (very busy with locals). There were other places, but as we had kids, we didn’t want to venture too far off from the B&B. We also made a use of a mini supermarket (around the corner) and an excellent fruit and veg shop next door.
The position of the B&B is also great as it is very close to two beaches, which is a bonus in this part of the country. We preferred a small beach in Piano as it felt very safe for kids.
Also the B&B is only 5-10 min away from a train station which gives you a great flexibility for sightseeing (30 min to Pompeii, 10 min to Sorrento).
We couldn't fault the place.

Room Tip: When booking ensure that your room has a window as I believe there is a room or two without. Also if you wish to have a dinner at the B&B, you need to book it in the morning to secure a place.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I travelled in many cities in Italy while THIS is by far the best experience!

I stayed in a private room for 1 week. The room is clean and tidy, you have all the necessary facilities in the room- AC, fridge, clean towels, shampoo etc.

Staff tried their best to ensure my stay is fantastic. Odilia is the best italian bella I have met, super friendly, helpful and fun :)

I joined the cooking classes there and they were unforgettable! Chef Biagio's big hands can made ANY foods you ordered! Can't believe I made fresh pasta and pizza in a real Italian kitchen and served to real customers!! Hurray!!

The breakfast is great with croissants, yogurt, ham, cheese, fruits, coffee - all made from scratch by the chefs there!

Location-wise, it is 5 mins walk from station Piano di Sorrento, they offered pick up service so I didn't bother much on that.

I would definitely recommend Soleluna to travelers in Sorrento.

One reminder - mosquitos in Italy are crazy, don't forget your mosquito spray.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 18, 2012

In my search for an Italian Cooking School, I had the fortune to find Mama Camilla located in the Hotel Soleluna. The hotel was located in a local neighborhood and was less than 10 minutes from center of the city or train station and it was just around the corner from beach access. The hotel is located on the second floor of a small restaurant and cafe, both which were very busy due to the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff. Upon our arrival we were met by Chef and his daughter who immediately welcomed us to our home for the next week. The entire staff at the hotel was welcoming and we were greeted by name through out our stay which made us feel more like we were staying with friends and not guest of a hotel. Our room was bright and large and we had a view of of the bay and Naples on a clear day, we could ask for nothing more. The breakfast choices were bountiful and offered a variety each morning, my favorites were the Caprese Salads and wonderful breads and pastries that were class projects from the cooking school students.

The cooking school was wonderful, we took the Camilla curriculum which consisted of 8 classes, 6 afternoon and 2 mid day classes. Each class consisted of preparing a four course meal under the artful direction of the Chef Longo and Chef Palmara. The school also has interns from various cooking schools around the world assisting in the preparation of the evening meal. Even if you do not have the opportunity to take a class, make sure you stop by for dinner; they offer outstanding food at a value price. I would highly recommend the Hotel Soleluna and look forward to hopefully returning one day, not only for the hotel but more cooking lessons.

The hospitality shown by all members of the staff made our stay enjoyable and created a lifetime of memories for my travel companions and myself.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have high ceilings and a view to the bay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends