“Spotless and comfortable”
Review of Relais Francesca

Relais Francesca
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a superb B&B very clean and reasonably located. There are places in Piano to eat, and the station is 400m away giving easy access to Sorrento, Pompei, Vesuvius and beyond to Naples. Parking is a major bonus in the peninsular area. The breakfast is a classic Italian with sweet pastries, croissants, cold meats, cheese, tomatoes, boiled eggs, fruit, yoghurt, honey, jams and so on. A word of warning; when an item runs out, there is no replenishment. If you want a full choice, don't be too late!

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony give you a pleasant sitting area in the evening.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dentonmike
There are newer reviews for Relais Francesca

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked to stay at the Relais Francesca and fully intended to stay. My father took seriously ill and we were forced to cancel our holiday however I (considering the circumstances) completely forgot to cancel/change the booking as we're travelling to the other side of the country, etc.

The terms and conditions of the booking stated that if there was a no-show or cancelled booking within six days Relais Francesca would take full payment for the stay - which I fully accept and accept I should have remembered to cancel the booking.

I received an automated email stating the full payment had been taken from my account, I immediately responded apologising, describing the circumstances and asking whether we could come to an arrangement (i.e. shorter stay in the future for the amount taken or something to that effect.)

I have now emailed Relais Francesca FIVE TIMES and called TWICE with no response at all - not even a 'Sorry Mr X those are the terms and conditions'. Considering the circumstances I think at least a pleasant response would have been appropriate. I understand these small guest houses have business to run, but in my opinion no response at all it terrible customer service.

If this is the level of customer service they deliver when you haven't even stayed with them yet then I dread to think what it's like on arrival!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marsden86
Reviewed November 4, 2011

If you are looking for a place with a decent price out of Sorrento but close enough even if you don't have a car - this is a great option. This lovely B&B is a 4 minutes walk away from the train station to Sorrento (2 stops and 4 more minutes you are in Sorrento). Piano di Sorrento itself is a nice quiet town, not very fancy yet a good place to relax a bit away from the crowd.

The room was big and comfortable, and except from some noises from the floor above in the morning - it was a great over all experience. They have Wifi that actually works and the standard breakfast.

The staff is extremely nice. I got there very early when only the cleaning lady was there. She didn't speak English but after a short communication attempt we managed to use few words in Spanish and she let me leave my car there. Later on, the guy at the front desk was there and he spoke English and explained everything you need to know about the place and Piano.

I would definitely return to this place if I am around.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Great B&B, close to the train station and the staff were very helpful. We had a wonderful balcony all to ourselves which was very nice. Close to everything. We happened to stay when there was a wonderful little festival going on and it was great to see all the people out and about with their families enjoying all of the entertainment.

Only concern was the dogs in the home next to the B&B they barked a bit when we were trying to get to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2011

quiet place , compared to sorrento , clean room , nice breakfast , helpfull hotel staff vhich provide us useful informations , maps , discounts to restaurants in piano , the beach in piano is not so good but the beach in Meta ( only 1 km away ) is probably the best on the coast. Piano is cheper than sorrento and amalfi coast but is nothing much you can do in the evening but you can take the train to sorrento ,with the train station very close to the hotel , and the trains runs every 30 minutes and only 4 minutes the travel time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrey&Mihaela
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Great place to stay if you are on a budget and dont mind being a couple of train stops from the Sorrento. Rooms modern and very clean. Breakfast good with homemade pastries etc. The guy on reception most afternoons, Giuseppe was incredibly helpful offering directions, restaurants, beaches etc., he even charged my mobile phone for me. A great base for exploring pompei, herculeam, naples etc. we stayed first week here and toured about exploring just using hotel as base and spent second week chilling on beach in sorrento and for convenience we moved to hotel in sorrento. just to sum up, great clean and modern rooms, good breakfast and very cheap, we paid £65 per night double. just work out if you are capable of jumping on trains as if not its not for you as taxi is £30 to sorrento despite being 5 minutes away.

Room Tip: get directions in advance as not easy to find
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AlanCharly
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We just returned from a fantastic trip to Campania and I am very sorry to inform you that we became a target for bed bugs while our 7 nights stay in the B&B.
I heard about these disgusting insects before just enough to be able to identify them after they targeted me. It's only now after extensive internet research with pictures I see how serious the problem is, and as I always rely on Trip Advisor when travel, I feel I need to share this information.
It took a couple of nights and about 50 itchy bites to find the cause. About 7 of them - on the picture frame. For the next 5 days my holiday became nightmare at nights. I killed about 20 of the insects, used every spray and every cream I could get and now considering visiting a GP now as the bites are very sore (and I am not allergic to anything at all)
Of course we talked to the staff, they offered a new room.
One point. We talked to our neighbors who stayed on the 1st floor (we stayed on the second) and they didn't have the problem at all. But they also said they used some electric device what scares insects (why on Earth did I not get the name of it??)

On the positive side, the place is cozy and spotless, the staff could not be more helpful, the breakfast is gorgeous, the location is great- very near to the train station, quiet beautiful village, friendly appreciative locals. I am going to miss this all!.

P.S.

To all BB unexperienced travellers like me, I found this web very helpful.

And the lads I met looked like this one:

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
#25 of 100 in Sorrento
Art Hotel Gran Paradiso
Art Hotel Gran Paradiso
#43 of 100 in Sorrento

Been to Relais Francesca? Share your experiences!