It is difficult for me to agree with the negative reviews posted here by some Italian customers. We have traveled Italy extensively and found this hotel to be excellent for the following reasons:
- Staff is very friendly and accommodating
- Hotel is superbly clean - both rooms and common areas
- Rooms are great size and showers/bathrooms are large for Europe in general
- Excellent value at around €90 a night, which is superb considering August (vacation time) and location (hello? it is Amalfi!)
- Building is very well maintained. I stayed in many hotels over this trip and this is the best maintained building I have stayed in; everything from doors, to walls, to windows, to outlets, to faucets - very well maintained. Owners, please keep up the maintenance!
- Views from the common terrace are outstanding
If you drive, the parking along the road near the hotel is free. It is somewhat hard to get to the water, but there is bus you can take anywhere. Overall, excellent value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Royal Hills is located on the hills surrounding the town of Sorrento, along the way to Positano, just a few steps away from one of the most renowned Italian UNESCO heritage sites: the Amalfi Coast. We are precisely midway between Positano, the Amalfi coast pearl, and Sorrento, the sunny harbor town from where you can board the ferry or hydrofoil towards the islands of Capri and Ischia.Completely refurbished and elegantly furnished, this small family run Hotel offers the possibility of a relaxing stay, out of the traffic of the coastal towns and fully immersed in the green hills of the Sorrento peninsula. From the solarium-roof terrace you can overlook the two gulfs: southwards, towards the open sea of the Gulf of Salerno and westwards towards the Gulf of Naples, with the imposing profile of the Vesuvius.The 25 rooms of the hotel are fitted with the main comforts: Air Conditioning and heating, LCD TV, safe and en-suite bathroom with shower. The Hotel features a Bar service with an open air garden and a Restaurant with an excellent local cuisine made by genuine produces.This friendly Hotel is located in front of the bus station on the line between Meta and Amalfi by which you can easily reach all places of the Amalfi Coast and the Circumvesuviana Railway in direction of Pompei, Ercolano and Naples. If you love hiking you might enjoy starting your day directly out of the Hotel on the trails leading you on the Monti Lattari (Lattari Mountains).Furthermore, we offer a competent travel office within the hotel that can help you organizing and booking excursions, guides, transfers, events or night activities, boat trips and whatelse you would like to do or would like us to suggest you to do during your sunny holidays on the two gulfs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Royal Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.