2,222 results
All reviews sunset bar waiter service pool area courtesy bus occhio marino main restaurant evening entertainment pizza superior room mood lighting a la carte all inclusive hotel welcome meeting themed nights our honeymoon couples hotel glass of prosecco
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at the Nastro Azzurro following a week's cruise. I'll start with the positives! The food: oh my goodness there's a lot of it and it's all good quality and very tasty! I dread to think what I weigh now The staff can't do enough for you ... they are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The views from the hotel are stunning, especially from the Sunset Bar
Now for my niggles (they are purely my observations): firstly we stayed in the Garden Annexe and we felt this building struggles with damp (clear evidence on the walls!) If the aircon wasn't on, you could feel it and the high humidity while we were there didn't help! The hotel is very isolated and to wander in to town is out of the question although you can book on to the free shuttle bus. I prefer something a little bit closer to the local amenities.
All in all a good week in Sorrento but for me I won't go back purely for the location.

1  Thank LisaHF04
Reviewed August 11, 2019

What an amazing week we have just had! Where do I start?! This hotel has it ALL! The food is fabulous, the views are breathtaking, the guests we met were regulars who have been coming for the last 7-9 years - which says all you need to know!!!!
The wonderful staff cannot do enough for you and they are honestly the best we have ever experienced. Enzo, Claudia, Raff... the list is endless. The staff go above and beyond and are always happy and smiling. It’s such a positive, fun and relaxing place to stay and you feel like part of the family whilst there. The atmosphere is so relaxed and peaceful.
The swimming pool is perfect with a pool bar, every cocktail imaginable is made within a blink of an eye. They have themed nights, not to mention the choice of different entertainment each evening PLUS the choice of having a drink on the rooftop bar watching the sun go down or the reception area with equally stunning views.
We ate outside every evening except one and it was so romantic watching the sun set. The waiters are constantly topping up your glass and the service was exquisite, each and every evening. It didn’t matter if it was coffee being poured first thing, or wine in the evening.. you never have to wait for anything.
We cannot WAIT to go back! It’s fun, friendly and refreshing to be around such a fabulous team of people.. thank you to all that contributed towards such a fantastic week for us. We truly had the best time and will 100% be back!

3  Thank hollyandpatrick
Reviewed August 9, 2019

We stayed at this hotel in July , it’s the staff that make this hotel from the cleaners ,waiters ,bar staff and reception. This is the only TUI holiday where I have felt I actually wanted to leave tips for the staff. They work so hard very attentive (my glass was never empty) The food from the buffet to the main menu was fine I think some people expect too much sometimes. We didn’t sit round the pool as it is quite small and gets crowded but the terrace was fine with plenty of sun beds at any time of day.
The sun beds are the most uncomfortable I have ever been on but even in Sorrento on the beach they were the same so it’s obviously the Italian sun bed make !

Even the TUI rep is the best I have come across.
We did a TUI trip to Positano absolutely fine. Also a private trip to Capri on a small boat of 12 again superb I booked this before we went and they kept in touch by tex and e mail about our pick up from the hotel, in fact they had to change the day because of the weather and kept us up dated all the time.

Hope this helps

Room tip: The annex is a good situation for the pool I never heard any complaints about rooms
Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank lornawilson48
Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

Well firstly As you can see from the amount of stars I have given the review as well as the title, you know that this one will be a positive one.
It’s really interesting reading the negative reviews as I met loads of people whilst we were on our 11 night honeymoon and each and every one of them said that they disagree with these, including us! I just think that some people should not go on holiday as this hotel was faultless!
If you have booked to go, you will have quality food, excellent staff (who are not perverts as previously stated! They are just very friendly and polite and yes the men kiss the ladies hands but how lovely is that!) an excellent room, pool, drinks and atmosphere!

So firstly the restaurant staff are excellent, I wanted to know when they got time off as they all worked such long hours but they all worked with a smile on their faces and couldn’t do enough for you all the time! The food was amazing and we found it never to be repetitive. I was worried before going on this honeymoon because we both do not eat fish and I am dairy free and I was concerned about my food choices- however the restaurant will happily change things for you or make you something special which only happened one night for me where I didn’t like any of the dairy free dishes. The food in the evening particularly was as good as a restaurant standard- and you get lovely wines to accompany your meal.
I saw a previous review moan about the bacon....all bacon abroad is like that? (So please do not worry about that as no one does bacon like brits!)

The bar staff were amazing too- particularly raphy on the pool bar, Valentino and the twins! (I can only remember ones name- Alfonso!) they were all superb, we loved Mr Gin too! There is a fabulous pool party on a Thursday which is so much fun and the staff really try to get everyone involved but there are some people who just do not want to involve themselves at all which I found sad for the staff. The majority of visitors were up for a nice time and a laugh!

The entertainment is a bit dry at times yes but there are lots of talented performers who come to the hotel. I am a musician myself and I could appreciate the talent of them- there are some nights where people get up and dance. We tried to get people up dancing but again people just sit there silently not having any fun- but on a few occasions there was a lot of fun people and we did a conga which went behind the reception desk!

The pool is lovely and there is never an issue on getting a sun bed if you go at 9.30-10? If you leave it later there is a chance that you will struggle especially on the days after change over day- (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday) but we always managed to get one even when we had been on a small trip to Sorrento for the morning.

It’s beautifully situated hotel with some lovely areas, we liked the hot tub area which was very secluded and romantic. We also had a spa treatment each which was so reasonable and we thoroughly enjoyed! We went for a couples massage so we got to do it together.

The girl who does the Aqua aerobics (I wished I remembered her name) was excellent too, she does good exercise classes and she took us on a lovely tour of the olive oil farm. We loved this trip as we got to try lots of limoncellos and other liquors as well as olive oils and we spent quite a lot of money there.

We didn’t do any Tui trips and instead did Pompeii on the train ourselves. It was a good visit which cost us hardly anything, as it was so hot I am glad I didn’t do the organised and much more expensive trip as we did not want to stay there all that long but simply wanted to say we had seen it.

We would definitely return to this hotel and I have actually recommended to my parents to go too. Please do not listen to the negative reviews as they are so wrong and unfair, the hotel from the moment you arrive will always try to please you as a customer. The reception staff are incredibly helpful and will always advise you, they have lots of knowledge.

We went to a small restaurant on the hill which was lovely and we found out about through talking to people around the pool. You ask reception to book it for you the day before and the lady from the restaurant will come to collect you for free. The restaurant is a lovely change of scenery and you watch the sunset over Sorrento whilst eating your delicious meal. We had wines and three courses each and it came to roughly €70, what a bargain!

I would love to return here one day and I can see why many people do. A holiday is what you make of it and we had the best time in a superb setting and hotel with fantastic friendly Italian staff.

Date of stay: July 2019
6  Thank Sapphire8487
Reviewed August 8, 2019

Having booked our first holiday to this hotel we did what many of you will and started reading more of the reviews. Whilst most were great there were a few that started ringing alarm bells so we headed off with a little trepidation in our hearts. Not one of our concerns came true - there were sunbeds when we needed them, the food was fabulous, there was a huge range in ages of people (couples, singles, adult families) and the recurring phrase we heard was "We don't want to leave!" The facilities were clean (including the toilets) the food amazing, and the service from all the staff was outstanding. We can't say enough about how welcome they made us feel. After day trips out it felt like we were coming home to the hotel, always greeted with a cheery "Hello, how was your day?" from staff who actually wanted to know. The shuttle bus was never full and easy to book, there was a huge mix of activities from the Tui reps throughout the week (and you weren't obliged to join in if you didn't want to) and it was a relief to be located up in the hills away from hot, bustling Sorrento yet with access to it if we wanted. To sum up, we highly recommend this hotel and would gladly go back there tomorrow if we could!!

Room tip: We stayed in the main hotel and loved the room with its smaller balcony and large shower.
1  Thank GaryMarples