“A great vacation rental”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Piano di Sorrento
La Grotta dei Fichi
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I (and 9 others) had a great stay here. The property is incredible and was wonderful staying at for a week. All the modern conveniences and yet a real Italian beauty. Wonderful grounds that are well kept and the views are incredible.

Vincenzo was also very helpful with anything we needed. He was able to get me a doctor's (ENT) appointment the same day I called him and the doctor was a friend of the family.

I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jhutsler

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay in Italy for our family vacation and found the La Grotta dei Fichi. First of all, Vincenzo was a pleasure to deal with. The experiences he can set up for you are amazing if you want to taste and see Italy's food and history. Everything was taken care of for us each day and I had nothing to worry about. He would even call me each day to find out how our day was and what time we wanted breakfast the next morning.

The Grotta was unbelievable. The views are pictures for postcards and the story behind its construction only makes it that more amazing. I counted it a privilege for Vincenzo and his family to allow our family to rent their beautiful home.

This has been a family vacation that we will remember for the rest our lives and thanks to Vincenzo and the wonderful La Grotta dei Fichi. A special place!

Room Tip: A must is pizza night with Vincenzo making his pizza. The best in Italy!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JJS50
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was fortunate enough to stay 2 weeks with friends at La Grotta dei Fichi. Although the place itself is beyond compare, the service that Vincenzo provides makes this not a vacation but an "experience". Tours of nearby cities with very friendly and knowledgeable drivers, a boat to Capri, winery, making gelati, pairing experiences at gourmet shops, dining at local restaurants and, of course, nights at La Grotta filled with pizza prepared by Vincenzo, dinner with a Michelin chef, cooking classes, and the Neapolitan Street Fair.
Friends and memories for a lifetime...trust Vincenzo to provide the best experience of your life!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Isabel1918
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I just returned from La Grotta die Fichi, where i spent a milestone birthday with family and friends. I could not have picked a more incredible location...I was on sensory overload from the time the door was opened to this unique villa which is carved into the rock overlooking the water. The sights, smells (the fresh lemon grove and sea air), sounds etc were just extraordinary. And then there is Vincenzo~~ The ultimate concierge who completely enhances the whole experience. And what an experience it is! A day trip to Capri, shopping and dining in Amalfi and Positano and food and wine that is yet to be believed.
Be sure to participate in the in-villa Pizza festivities. Vincenzo makes a slew of different pizzas in the outdoor brick oven...Each one better than the last!
This was truly a dream come true vacation and the memories will continue to put a smile on my face...

1  Thank jerseygirl0731
Reviewed July 4, 2012

After spending 4 days solo on the beautiful isle of Capri, I met family and friends at La Grotta dei Fichi. This villa with its breathtaking views, provided us with a most memorable 7 day vacation!! Vincenzo, the concierge, was always available and provided us with invaluable information. We shared many good times and meals with him. His Pizza Night at the villa is a MUST!!!! Day trips to Ravello, Positano, Amalfi and Sorrento are a must and easily accessible by car.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This property is hard to describe, in its beauty and uniqueness. And Vincenzo takes care of your every need. The photos do not really do justice, as the design and use of space is just so special. And the views of the Sea are just stunning.
We've been home for 2 weeks and cannot wait to go back. I give it my highest recommendation.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I spent one week with my family at la Grotta dei Fichi, and it is hard to believe this place is real. The view of the Mediterranean is only rivaled by the creativity of the Grotta's design. Because it is build along the side of a mountain into the rock, you can choose a variety of different "platforms" from which to look out at the Sea. I particularly enjoyed reading in the Thinking Spot, the farthest-most platform where the silence allowed to hear the soft breaking of the waves below. Vincenzo, the manager of the property, offers incredible gourmet opportunities, and has so much information about the local hot-spots and must-sees. His pizza is incredible.