“Best Villa and views on Amalfi Coast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Piano di Sorrento
La Grotta dei Fichi
Irvine, California
“Best Villa and views on Amalfi Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Just back from staying at this beautiful property. Many properties have views but this one is incredible. If you are looking for a "complete experience" this is the place to be. The owners are fantastic. By the way, the pictures don't do justice!

Room Tip: you have the entire villa -- no need to select a room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

I did celebrate my 40th birthday in "La Grotta dei fichi" with my friends. The experience was more than it is possible to explain with any words. The place was absolutely imaginative and unique. The view to the sea was fantastic and very relaxing. Everything went well in the villa, all necessary (even much more) things were on hand there. Thank you Vincenzo!!! I really have long lasting memories from Amalfi coast.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

I had the possibility to celebrate my friend's birthday at Villa. First of all the view to the sea was so beautiful I will always remember it. Also the Villa with the garden(s) was a wonderful and beautiful experience. Grazie mille!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

Vincenzo thank you for an experience of a lifetime!!!! Your generosity and kindness we will never forget. Our time spent at your family's villa will remain in our hearts forever. We can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Fountain Hills, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

Let me start by saying that it was my responsibility to find a villa on the Amalfi coast that would make 5 couples happy in all respects...try that sometime...it is hard. My friend Carmen and I looked at hundreds of online pictorials before hoping that Vincenzo's La Grotta dei Fichi would please everyone.When you arrive and pass through the non descript front door you are immediately carried into a place that is really quite hard to describe. Imagine your own private villa that is carved out of a cliff where Mother nature has helped a bit to give you a sensation that you are suspended in a truly magnificent display that goes on and on and on. When Vincenzo and I were talking about how he should communicate this special place that took 38 years to complete, my only suggestion was to get in a helicopter and shoot the video from the air. When you look at the photos...which are pretty good, when you see it live it is a hundred times better.
All 5 couples were on their own trip to Italy and other parts of Europe and this week was the only time we were all together.
Do not and I repeat do not miss having Vincenzo personally prepare pizza night for your group as it will give you an opportunity to meet your very charming host who can tell you the amazing story of how this villa was created...and by the way, right out of Vincenzo's wood stove we had the best pizza I have ever had. I had 7 different pizzas in Italy and nothing came close.
For our final night a local chef came to the villa and prepared a feast that we had selected the ingredients for...again AMAZING.
I could go on and on for hours but let me finish by saying that this special place was for me the most incredible travel experience of my life and when you add the hospitality of a man whose passion is food and the pleasure of others all that I can say is thank you Vincenzo...I will be back as soon as I can.

PS. There is another lower level that Vincenzo can show you where you can pick herbs, peppers, tomatoes and other vegetables from while you visit the chickens that leave you fresh eggs every day.

See you soon Vincenzo!

Ciao..John T. A Canadian living in the Arizona desert

Room Tip: They are all great
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

My husband and I had the vacation of a lifetime at La Grotta dei Fichi in July - along with my sister and her family. To say that we enjoyed this INCREDIBLE experience would be an understatement! We rented a villa in Italy on a previous holiday (and thought that was amazing!), but nothing compares to La Grotta dei Fichi! Vincenzo and his team make "anything possible" here. The minute you meet Vincenzo, you know you have met a friend. (Actually....this happens even before you meet him, because he is so incredibly attentive to details and thoroughly communicates via e-mail, long before you arrive). The setting of the villa and how it was constructed is truly an architectural phenomenon. Vincenzo will set up amazing side trips for you, help you plan dinners at the villa (A MUST DO, especially the "Under the Stars" dinner with a Michelin star Chef), and he himself (along with Arianna) will make THE BEST pizza you will ever enjoy in your life! (Hands down, no question... the BEST!!) We are very well-traveled, and have never experienced a holiday like this. We can't thank Vincenzo enough for a most magical, and special experience!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

Where to start... the beauty of this villa will simply take your breath away. Upon arriving, our host, Vincenzo, met us at the villa to give us a tour and a brief history on how La Grotta dei Fichi came to be. A labor of love, for sure. The pictures do not even begin to display the true beauty of this location. It is beautifully landscaped and just a magical place to be. Vincenzo goes above and beyond to make sure that your holiday is a memorable one.
We spent most of our days by the beach in Positano, but Vincenzo has a whole menu of things to do on a daily basis if you choose. Our stay was for two glorious weeks. We had meals made for us at the villa 10 of the 14 nights we were there. To say that we had the best pizza of our lives was an understatement (made by Vincenzo and Arianna). We had Italian style family meals, open grill meals and were very spoiled by having Pepe a Michelin Chef, come in to cook for us on two separate occasions. I have never eaten so well in my life.

We stayed at the villa with family members and truly had a vacation of a lifetime. If you have to opportunity to visit this slice of heaven, go.. it will be a memory you will cherish forever.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family