“No better B&B in southwest Ireland!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunquin
Slea Head Farm B & B
Ranked #2 of 2 Dunquin B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“No better B&B in southwest Ireland!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Slea Head Farm offers the best in a rural Irish B&B. Situated with incomparable views of the dramatic coastline and Blasket islands, this gem of a B&B offers the perfect base for exploring the Dingle peninsula. There is a reason such a wide selection of international visitors return to Slea Head Farm time after time and that is simply, because it doesn't get any better than this. The cooking is superb, the hospitality genuine, the facilities clean and comfortable, walking distance to the cafe and the beach--and you might even spot passing seals or dolphins right from your bedroom window!

Room Tip: All the rooms are ensuite and offer STUNNING sea views! You can't go wrong really.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lolitamanga

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The four of us stayed here and was the best bed and breakfast we found during our trip around Ireland. Everywhere looked as if it had just been decorated and was warm and cozy. Caitin was a superb host suggesting an excellent local restaurant 10 mins away by car. She suggested some excellent walks and even helped us understand some aspects of the Irish language. Breakfast was superb with lots of options. It was, all in all, superb value for money.

Room Tip: you need a room facing the superb sea view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank scotkam
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We spent four nights here with three college-age daughters, and I can't imagine a better experience. Caitlin gave us delicious breakfasts and friendly conversation each morning, the rooms were small but bright and clean, and the views of the sea, and the constantly changing light, were mesmerizing. Spending time with Molly, the golden retriever, is also a great benefit of staying here.

You should be aware that the B&B is about 20 minutes outside of Dingle, and that the drive there is memorably beautiful but may be slightly challenging to the inexperienced left-hand driver, with some very narrow stretches of the road and at least one genuine hairpin turn. After the first time, it didn't bother me terribly, but I wouldn't want to make the drive in the dark. So we tried to finish up dinner in Dingle each night with plenty of time to drive back to the inn while it was still light.

By the way, the view from the inn includes the Blasket Islands. If you have any interest at all in Irish literature or the revival of the Irish language, before you go you should read "On an Irish Island" by Robert Kanigel, and make sure to stop at the Blasket Centre in nearby Dunquin.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thomasbaker
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I've traveled to Ireland a good few times over the years (from New England, but in love with Ireland), and when I've been able to get down to the Dingle Peninsula, by myself or with friends or family, I've always gone back to Slea Head Farm. This seaside B&B has the best views (breathtaking!) in the entire country, and me and the people I've stayed with have always been made to feel welcome by the charming family who runs it - it's like a second home! Just what I want out of a B&B: lovely and secluded, comfortable rooms and a great breakfast. I always get the full meal, but I've seen other guests request alternative meals, and they've always been accommodated with a smile (and if you want, the family will happily let you keep some of your own food in their kitchen). On top of all this, the last time I stayed there the place had been done up with new carpets, paint, and room arrangements. I've never wanted or needed the tv they have available in the open sitting room, but I know many families have said they were grateful for it to entertain the kids later at night, etc. I have personally used the wifi often, and that's very handy! This place is SO clean, looks and feels spectacular, and the price is still outrageously low for the amount you get. I've already said it to the owner, but I really felt I had to spread the word: if you stay in one place in Ireland - let alone the Dingle Peninsula - make it this one! Thanks so much to the Clann Firtéar (sorry guys, my Irish still ain't great) - I'll be back again!!

Room Tip: All three rooms are fantastic, and I've stayed in each at least once. The biggest bathroom is in...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ciara B
Australia
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night in June with 2 friends & we were a little disappointed.
We stayed in 7 other hotels & B&B's during our stay in Ireland with Slea Head being the most expensive & our least favourite. It was very poor value for money!

It's very much somebodies farm house with guest rooms so it lacks any luxury & it isn't the cleanest! it didn't really feel like a B&B.

The 2 bedrooms we had were a good size but outdated & it wasn't very clean with thick dust on the lampshades etc
The memory foam topper on our bed was amazing!  We didn't have a TV which for €66 a night I think is quite poor.
The bathroom was a good size & the shower powerful.

The breakfast set up was a little odd... We waited for ages before the owner arrived. we were offered a cooked breakfast which wasn't too great & there was a toaster where you had to make your own toast! There was cereals & scones too. We were disappointed!

The only plus point to staying at this B&B is the view! I have travelled extensively & can honestly say this is one of the best views I have ever seen!
Perched on a cliff looking over the beach & the stunning Blasket islands it is absolutely breathtaking!! Surrounding the house are ancient ruins that are fun to explore! This truly is an area of unique & outstanding natural beauty!
Our bedrooms looked out to the islands & i can recommend staying here JUST for the view!!

The nearest shop & pub is about a 15-20 minute drive away & the roads are quite dangerous & unlit so I would recommend eating in Dingle before you check in to the B&B. We were told only 8 people live in the village - It really is extremely isolated & there's nothing to do after dark.

There is free wifi but we were only to pick up signal in our friends bedroom which was frustrating.
There is a small lounge (no wifi) that wasn't very inviting with mismatched old furniture  & an old TV that didn't work...I'd recommend you take a book!

The only reason I would consider staying here again is because of the spectacular view & their cute golden retriever 'Molly'. From what we saw this is the only accommodation in the area that has got this view so the B&B have this to their advantage!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank WorldFoodSunLover
Cirie, Italy
Reviewed November 22, 2011

The main memory in my head about Slea Head Farm is a window just over the ocean, in a night of tempest and rain. I never see a B&B with a better view. Can't say more, just go there and you will understand. About 20 minutes drive from Dingle, this one is probably the more western accomodation of Europe. The host was very kindly and we hope to came back very soon. Don't miss it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Francy578
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed September 13, 2011

A lovely place to stay with the most amazing views. The house overlooks the Blasket Island and is at the tip of the beautiful Slea Head Drive, sits over Couminoole beach which featured in the movie Ryans Daughter, stunning beach and location. The owner is warm and very welcoming and serves a great breakfast. There is a little tv room with kettle for guests to use with views of the Blaskets. Has to be one of the most beautiful locations!! Can not recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: Room on right of the stairs with the most spectacular views of the Blasket Islands and its en suite.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Missyno4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunquin
Dingle Skellig Hotel
Garvey's Farmhouse
Garvey's Farmhouse
#1 of 1 in Ventry
Ballymore House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Slea Head Farm B & B? Share your experiences!