“Fab food!”
Review of The Purty Kitchen

The Purty Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Monkstown
Cuisines: European, Irish, Seafood, Gastropub
Description: WINNER OF DUBLIN'S BEST GASTRO PUB 2013 - IRISH RESTAURANT AWARDSThe Purty Kitchen re-opened it's doors under new ownership in October of 2012. The Purty Kitchen is south Dublin’s newest gastropub serving a wide variety of fresh fish and pub classics with flair. Every dish has been created to show off seasonal food at it’s best and we have used Irish produce wherever possible.We have tried to put a signature twist on all of our food. Take our burger for example. They are made in house with dry aged Irish beef from Kettyle meats. The cheese comes from 5 mile town creamery and then it’s all served on a Waterford blaa with a basket of skin-on rooster chips. Most of what we serve in the Purty Kitchen is made in the Purty Kitchen. Where there are exceptions to that, we have sourced things from other great Irish food producers like Boulaban Farm in Tipperary for our salted caramel ice cream, or Arbutus Bakery in Cork for delicious sourdough rye bread.
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd time here the food is fantastic although u may have to wait abit it's worth the wait. There was only one waitress working but she was brilliant

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've lived within 200 metres of this pub for the past 5 years and when I heard they had won a Gasto Pub award recently myself and my partner decided to give it a whirl!

On the one hand I feel cheated that this place reopened almost a year ago and I've been completely unaware of the wonders that lie within but having said that it's a sure addition to my list of regular spots!

We originally said we'd just have mains as neither of us are (normally) big eaters but self control went out the window - we both had the chicken wings which were great and light enough to whet our appetite for mains!

I went for the Goats Cheese vegetarian dish and my other half opted for steak. Both were so good and the waitress who served us was very polite in allowing us take some leftover bits and pieces home for our ever hungry dog.

There was a great selection of beers but it being a school night we opted for soft drinks but made a mental note to come back and investigate further.

An excellent addition to the area, I'm already plotting our next visit

Reviewed June 24, 2013

There has been a craft beer explosion in Ireland over the last 5 years. However it has been very slow to trickle down to the restaurant industry which is a shame as I would love to see restaurants put the same kind of thought into their beer lists as their wine lists. This is even more unforgivable if you label yourself a "gastro pub". Fortunately the Purty Kitchen manages to tick all the boxes in this respect. A great line-up of craft beer (Irish and International) on tap and in bottle. This is complimented by an extremely well thought out and delivered food menu.

I have fond memories of the old Purty Kitchen but the new Purty has become one of my favourite Dublin establishments.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

In Dublin for a quick weekend trip with some friends from the Netherlands, one place we wanted to share was the Purty Kitchen. When we lived in Monkstown years ago the Purty Kitchen was a great place to have a meal. We arrived late Saturday afternoon and were warmly greeted by the barman and waitress. Originally planning to have a very light lunch, the menu proved to be too enticing. I had the crackling pork belly on mash, cabbage and a warm cranberry compote topping. The pork was quite good although the bottom layer was cooked a bit too much, impossible to cut and eat. The side dishes were quite tasty on their own. One friend had a slow cooked beef stew which she declared to be excellent, my husband had the hamburger and chips - the bun was a fresh-cooked and, I suspect, baked on site, the meat was quite good and a large serving. The chips were served in a mini-fry basket, making a great presentation. The final person in our party had their home-made mushroom soup - extremely tasty but not what one would have expected, wild mushrooms and grainy with the mushrooms - not a cream soup - but delicious nonetheless. Quite4 an enjoyable meal.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

A really disappointing meal after several very successful previous visits. Following a change in management the Purty Kitchen re-established itself as a gastropub worthy of the name. Despite making a booking well in advance
a setup table was provided beside both the kitchen and the toilets. This could have been forgiven if the food served had been of the high standard that we had previously come to expect. Sadly this was not the case. Two of the party had scallops with a mash purée and parma wrapped asparagus, which was hugely disappointing. The scallops were
overcooked and paltry, the asparagus and parma was dry and flavourless. The other two diners had burger with fries and a prawn korma. The burger was pronounced as excellent, the prawn korma was not enjoyed.
The service was efficient and charming as always.
After such a promising start under new management and several
really enjoyable visits it is a pity that standards are now slipping.
We won't be rushing back.