“BELLISSIMO”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of That's Amore

That's Amore
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Monkstown
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“BELLISSIMO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Its a really nice authentic pizzaria. Very small and cosy. Staff are extremely friendly. It really is a star find.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Leah8819

Dublin
“Five Tables and Five Stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Tiny (five tables) new Italian restaurant in Monkstown. Heard about the place from a friend who discovered it after walking the pier in DunLaoghaire, and she highly recommended it. Went there with my wife and son on a Thursday evening and had a really enjoyable time. Husband (pizza) and wife (front of the house) team from south of Rome, gave us the warmest welcome. I love my pizza and have traveled extensively in Italy, so I'm pleased to report this ranks right up there with the best. They seem to be doing everything sensibly and tastefully here and not over-extending. Small but really well chosen menu and wine list. I recommend the Nero D'Avola from Sicily. My wife loved her homemade pasta vongole (with clams). Not surprisingly this little gem is already hopping and I would strongly recommend booking as I can see it being increasingly difficult to get a table. Already looking forward to my next visit. Definitely five stars!

• Visited March 2013
7 Thank Holmquist
“Bellissimo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Fantastic addition to Monkstown. Very small restuarant (about 5 tables) but lovely. I was off wheat which would usually present some difficulties in an Italian restaurant and indeed the menu is mainly pasta and pizza. However, there were enough non-wheat options and i had a really zingy fresh rocket salad with huge parmesan shavings, pine nuts and a balsamic dressing. Simple but all the ingredients were really good quality. I also had swordfish for the first time and again it came with loads of fresh salad and was delicious and at €11,good value. My partner had a pizza which he declared the best he has ever had in Ireland - very thin base of the type that bubbles up and cracks - slightly charred. It was about €12. The pasta passing my table looked mouth wartering - or maybe that's just because I was denied gluten but the other diners were ooohing and aaahing. Worth mentioning too that a glass of the house white at €5 is very good value given the fact that it's at least 300ml....twice the size of a usual restaurant serving. I've been back for coffee and deserts (tiramisu, dolce latte etc.) since because it's simply a nice place to sit. I'll bring the children back too because there are half portions of everything available. Word is out and the place is full every night so booking ahead is essential it seems. I hope they can keep up the quality and service at these prices. (And the buckets of wine....)

• Visited February 2013
6 Thank HelenPostma
Dublin
“The Best Pizza in Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I dropped into That's Amore beside the chemist shop in Monkstown after a stroll along the pier in Dun Laoghaire on Sunday afternoon. It was the middle of January, I think the restaurant is only just open. We soon came back to life after a hearty bowl of homemade soup. Next up follow the best pizza in Dublin. A beautiful thin base perfectly cooked pizza with simple toppings. This is real Italian Pizza / food cooked by Italians.With excellent service and good value I am looking forward to going back. All I can say is its worth a visit you will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank CFGDublin
Dublin, Ireland
“New Italian Resturant in Monkstown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I hope to be the first to review this intimate little Italian resturant new to Monkstown village. I had a most enjoyable meal here last Sunday with my husband and daughter. We like Italian food and personally I found the food and ambience to be excellent. The menu offers a tasty selection of starters, salads, pizza and pasta at a reasonable cost. I thourougly enjoyed my pizza and we had a nice bottle of house wine. The desserts were beautifully presented and again far too tasty!! We look forward to making another visit to this resurant soon. Finally the staff were so pleasant and really made us feel welcome. Try it!!

• Visited January 2013