Tripadvisor
Review Highlights
Brilliant local knowledge

Reviewed October 25, 2019
Alistair N
My dream was a challenging mtb-ride in Crete on good material with an excellent guide – here I found it.

Reviewed August 25, 2019
haraldtv
Dusseldorf, Germany

All reviews mountain biking these guys true mountain amazing ride rocky terrain an excellent guide quality bikes local history old town cyclists tours climb technical nail route zorbas abilities
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2019

I was looking for a day of proper (for me) riding and I found it here on Nail the Trail. I'm used to more climbing, but given the warmer climate, less was welcome. Perhaps some of the other trails would provide more peddling.
Mathaios was an excellent guide, sharing his knowledge of the trails as well as local history and chatting to locals en route.
Bikes were good quality and well maintained, as well as being set up tubeless, which is a must in such rocky terrain.
I highly recommend these guys, and I will be back!

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed August 25, 2019

Mathaios, the owner of THE HUB MTB-Adventures took us (5 persons) on the beautiful 4 hour, 3 stages "Finding Nemo"-trail during our holidays in Malia on the impressive island of Crete (with van-transfers). It was a great experience for me (to know where my limits are ;-P) and worth every Euro. Mathaios knew very well my skills in advance (we talked a day before), so I could trust his experience. Therefore my feeling was really relaxed and safe from the beginning, hence I was very respectful about the Cretan trails before. The only thing: I should have taken more energy bars with me. Water and equipment (bike, helmet, protectors and gloves) is supplied by THE HUB. It was a lot of fun with the very sympathic team (Cheers also to George!)

Best Harald

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 17, 2019

Matheos is a consumate professional. He knows the area and all the good riding there. He took us on a beautiful ride (with a 3000 foot descent!). My wife is not a super experienced cyclist, and he paid extra close attention to her to make sure she felt comfortable at all times. On top of all that, he is a great guy to just hang out with.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019

Whenever I'm abroad, I try to book a local guided mountainbike tour, hence I've ridden trails in many places worldwide. However, this really stands out: perfectly organized tours, very good all-mountain bikes, and breathtaking scenaries. This is one of the most beautiful places in Europe to ride trails!
Mathaios treats his clients like his friends: he wants you to have fun on the bike and have a good time, nothing else matters.
You can have your tour customized from level 1 (for everyone), over level 2 (more technical) to level 3 (only for experienced mountain bikers).

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 1, 2019

I joined another couple for the Nail the Trail ride. It was amazing fun, with stunning views, technically and aerobically challenging trails, and excellent guiding by Mathios. It was my first experience with destination mountain biking, and I'm hooked. I highly recommend The Hub for any visitors to Crete who want to ride its mountains.

Date of experience: July 2019