My 2 friends and myself stayed here for a week in August. Great bar food which was really cheap and the portions were HUGE, good location for those who are going for the party side of Malia and right beside the beach! Didn't have to get a taxi at all because everything we needed was close by. The security man was very friendly and made the place feel safer as he was around for the full night. I would advise a safe as other people staying had money and other possessions stolen from their rooms. Until checking out we would have returned because everything that Ammos Apartments offered us is was ideal. It was all young people who came at the same as us, and music was played at the pool all day, so I wouldn't recommend families to stay here.
Big downfall at staying here, all 3 of our passports were taken for the full week and didnt get them back until we were about to be collected by our bus to the airport. We had to use our own beach and pool towels for most of the holiday in the room as our towels weren't once changed and only had 3, and our bed linen wasnt changed either. We also had problems trying to check out. We were ready to check out at quarter to 12 (check out time at 12pm), and then one of the women came to check our rooms, which we weren't told of when checking in. She tried to charge us for a fourth towel that we weren't given in the first place, then checked our bed linen and towels to see if they were dirty and said because they were dirty that she would be charging 60 euros for 3 towels ... My friend ended up having to go to the supermarket to buy soap powder to wash the towels and bedlinen in the shower and sink ( would have been cheaper to buy new towels as they were so cheap looking). We then had to go out to the pool/bar area 4 times infront of other people staying (how embarassing!) to see if the towels were clean enough, spent an hour and 15 minutes in total trying to scrub towels that weren't that dirty and that hadn't been changed in a weeks stay. She charged us 15 euros for one towel and then charged us an extra 5 euros because we didn't check out by 12pm. Which we would have if she hadn't made us scrub towels which the cleaner is for. She would not give us our passports back and allow us to check out until we paid which we had no option but to do since our bus was picking us up in the afternoon. The women that dealt with us in checking out could hardly speak a word of english and was very rude to us. She also said that she won't be taking Brits back again, but I wouldn't have went back anyway
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totally renovated apartments & Studios, only 100m from the beach and 300m from the center of Malia... Offers a big pool with jacuzzi, snack bar and a well attended garden... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ammos Apartments & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ammos Apartments Hotel Malia
- Ammos Apartments & Suites Malia, Crete