All reviews family room hotel service every morning amazing hotel every evening hot water walking distance main building hotel is situated old town receptionist greece euro cocktails balcony ac george
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2019

We loved this hotel! It was comfortable, cosy, with friendly service. It's located in the edge of the city, just walking distance. In same time, the beach is very close. But the most important- we felt like at home.

Room tip: Room 31 is the best!
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2018

It was an amazing stay. The property was like a home and the personnel was like a family. There are two buildings, the main one, near the pool and the new one on the other side of the street. Prices in the main building are higher than in the new one this year (2018).
We were happy with our room, it was clean, beds were pretty good, shower was perfect. Pay attention that in some of the rooms the washing part of the bathroom are in the main room. That was ok for us.
Air conditioning is charged.
Internet was good both in the room, at the bar, dining part and pool side.
Special attention to the food: it was the most delicious food I have ever had in the hotels even in 5-stars. Good variety and changed menu every day. Bread, pizza, sweets all were baked at the place. Every evening a cook was making the main dish on grill, making also pizzas,pancakes, etc in the public area.
Staff was amazing! They are like a family with each other and guests. Kind, helpful, nice people.
The owner visits the guests every evening at the dinner time like a real host. Very friendly and open person.
The pool was super clean and comfortable. I loved it.
The hotel is on the second line and is 5-7 min walk distance from the best beach in Malia.
I definitely recommend the hotel for family stay. Hope to be back again.

Room tip: Rooms in the main building are expensive but more quiet. In the pictures there are only rooms from the main building.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2018

The hotel is situated close to the beach, take the back door leading to the pool and you'll be at the beach in no time. It is also situated close to some really nice restaurants, like Drossia and Thalassa and also to all the pubs/clubs. It is a little far away from the old town tough. You have free wifi in the public areas , for the room you have to pay, but I don't think it's worth it since there's a poor connection , and I guess this is a common problem in Greece. You can choose to have breakfast and dinner, they do not have all inclusive services. The food is good and most important is that it is fresh, I think they bake their own bread and desert, we had warm bread every morning. Also , in the evening they cook on the spot different things like pizza, pancakes, spaghetti. You usually have breakfast included and you can pay for dinner, it is 10 euro. Breakfast is served every morning between 8 and 10 AM and dinner between 8 and 10 PM.
We had a family room which includes 2 separate rooms, one with double bed and balcony and one with twin beds. There was also a refrigerator, and AC in both rooms, free of charge. The bathroom is pretty small but has everything you need. The only problem is that during evenings , like after 6 PM and untill about 9 PM there is a problem with the hot water , we never had hot water , it was cold. They have water tanks and when everybody showers there's a problem.
We had a great time and we recommend to other travelers to choose the hotel as well.

Room tip: ask for a room with view on the back of the hotel, it should be quiet.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is not like in pictures, there is a body renovated this year and I think the pictures are from there.
I stayed in the old body, it was clean, but the old smell was still there.
I just had breakfast ... it was ok but every day the same.
I will not go there again !!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

This year we (I and my child) visited the hotel a second time 23 May- 02 June . Last year it was same dates. I think it is the best time for visit Crete. Not hot and not cold. The water in the sea is very clean, not so much people on the beach.At this time Malia is good for walking.Greeks are very friendly and not intrusive.On the way to the supermarket, my daughter and I were treated to cocktails in every second cafe. Food... mmmmm this is something amazing. Almost all cafes have good kitchen. We visited The Loft - opposite supermarket Halkidiki and The Brasserie near our hotel (!!!).

Now about the hotel...So what can I say...very very nice!!! Not nice..Super! This year the hotel was renovated. We had beautiful family room in pastel colors in the main building.Room on the first floor with access to the pool. Last year we lived in a standard room on the third floor. It was good too, but family room better of course.

Some people write that the first floor is not very good- noise and insects.There were not insects.Only once a small spider crawled to us. With this problem we were helped by Apostolos (good man from the bar) The best regards Spiderman)))

There was no noise too.We slept very well with open windows.

There is no need to take a safe,the staff doesn't steal, I left money on the table, jewelry, nobody touches anything

The room was clean (daily cleaning, change of room towels + regular change of bedsheets, but no beach towels, we had ours)

The territory of the hotel is small but cozy.In five minutes walk from the hotel a magnificent beach

About staff..at the reception you are greeted by the beautiful Vicky, a girl with a guitar figure)).She will help to solve all your problems, if such will be. Hair dryer, iron, first-aid kit- everything is at the reception.

Kristina and Tanya speak Russian very well.They help at the kitchen and bar. So those who don't know English won't have problems.

The staff is very correct and polite. Once I forgot to pay for wine at dinner. Nobody began to remind me of the payment, they didn't say anything. I remembered the next day). Wine...)) I dont like wine very much, but at the hotel it is very deliciouse and cocktails too.

Sofia - sister of the owner..when she comes, all children run and jump around her , very positive woman, always makes photos and videos))

And of course Georgeos, he everything controls.Incendiary dances in his performance is something))

All these people Kristina,Tanya, Vicky, Sofia,Georgeos, Apostolos and other make your rest comfortable and unforgettable

Not only the place, but people make our rest comfortable

I can write a lot of about hotel, Malia...It is a paradise on Earth. And Philoxenia is part of this paradise

Date of stay: May 2018