All reviews animation team local spirits hotel grounds are drunk teenagers special thanks food and drinks great holiday old town tennis crete modernising euro
Selected filters
Reviewed October 18, 2018

I visited with my 10 years son the last two weeks of August, not being very convinced as I had been to Malia probably 15 years ago and didn't like it. We found the hotel to be clean and with lovely garden areas and well kept swimming pool areas. Staff have always been very nice to us and very helpful. I actually really have to praise the bars staff who really work long shift and very hard, under the heat and despite all are always kind and polite. Overall we enjoyed our stay we had the opportunity to visit Heraklion and other areas of interest as the hotel is not far from public transport, all with the help of the receptionists who supplied all the information.
We found the food to be good, well cooked, but a bit repetitive, although my son loved the oven baked pizza option for lunch; maybe the buffet restaurant would benefit from more theme nights or variation of the recipes (e.g. two potato dishes are always available and were always fries and oven backed potatoes, both very good but maybe try potato puree or something else as well?)
I am still not in love with the tourist areas of Malia the Resort , but the hotel was a lovely surprise and so was trying local coffee shops, patisseries and restaurants outside of the tourist areas where the local people go.
Overall we loved our stay and I certainly recommend this unit if you want ot stay in Malia!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Julia S, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Dessole Malia Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Dear Ocoppo, Thank you for your review and your positive comments. We hope to see you once more wiht us.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Localisation of the hotel is excellent. Sea is quite rough, not good for non swimmers.
The friendly staff, very helpful... we really enjoy our stay also because of them, regards to George and Rando! The rooms are partly renovated, equipment sufficient for holiday stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Yiannis_Kyriakakis, General Manager at Dessole Malia Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear Macas1111,

Reviewed October 8, 2018

This was our second holiday at the Dessole Malia Beach Hotel and we enjoyed it just as much as the first.

The staff were, without exception, fantastic friendly, helpful and polite. This was one of the reasons we returned. Rando in the pool bar is our star!
The hotel is in a great location, right on the beach and within walking distance of shops, bars, restaurants

The food at the hotel is lovely, excellent cuisine and foods variety.
I would say the rooms are perfectly comfortable, functional and pretty clean. Hotel garden is beautiful.
All in all a fantastic hotel, with great facilities and incredible staff. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: June 2018

Dear Judi323,
Thank you for staying with us once more and ofcrourse we hope to see you once more at your next holiday. We try to imporve each season so you can have a better holiday experience each time.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Someone tried to use my credit card while I was staying there, it happen 4 days after arriving at the hotel. I put my cards in the room safe first day we arrived there and did not use it for 2 weeks before we went there. Day before I've got the text from my bank asking to authorise 974 euro for plane ticket I did not buy, our safe stop recognising our code, at the time did not thought it could be related but when few days after the safe displayed the same error I thought I should mention to the reception that someone might have been resetting the code while taking pictures of our cards. The manager who was called to talk to us was rude and only stated that all members of the team worked in the hotel for at least 35 years ( some members were still teenagers so it was ridicules claim) at the end she did us this massive favour of sending someone to reset the safe, but never appologised for her rudeness or promisses to look into it. She acted angry with me for even mentioning it. If it wasn't for my bank I would still be chasing that money

Room tip: Do not leave your cards in the room safe
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Yiannis_Kyriakakis, General Manager at Dessole Malia Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Dear Tamler2018,
We wish to mention that accusing staff members in public for fraud without any proof is not very wise. A credit card can be used by many ways and ofcourse we never had an occasion such before so we would know. Did you use your card online maybe and your pc had no protection? Did you use your card anywhere out in your country to buy something and someone used your number? As you understand our front office manager apparently was trying to explain you that we are not thieves as for many years our maids and most of staff work for more than 20 years here. Also we are not using teenagers as you say as it is not allowed in this country. We have young members of staff in our reaturants and bars but not teenagers. Please think before posting such a review as it insulits our honest staff and their hard work. I am sure your bank can trace the source of this and then you can let us know the results as it would be more fair.

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

It is situated on the seashore. The staff extra friendly. The all inclusive menu is delicious and both authentic Greek and international. The kitchen works perfectly. The animation team is an energy bomb. Let`s check a water zumba or any other program. :) Each person in the staff is smiling. You`re speking Englush, Russian, Italian, etc? They can undertand you. We spent here one week. Sitting in the restaurant turn right: the sea, turn left: the mountains. Perfect location.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Yiannis_Kyriakakis, Manager at Dessole Malia Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear Fiszter,
We wish to thank you for your positive review and your comments. This gives a boost to our staff to keep their hard work. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in one of your future holidays.