TripAdvisor
Malia
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews malia dedalos the security guard free shots girls holiday hour free bar off the strip rooms are basic cheap deal young people just returned from a week charged euros the hotel is clean beach towels literally a minute walk every other day bathroom floor paint party
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2019 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed for 1 week, located just around the corner from the strip, bars & restaurants...10-15 min walk from the beach! Paying £220pp for 1 week b&b we really couldn’t complain. Breakfast was basic toast, cereals, eggs & tea and coffee. We were sceptical staying in Malia but with the time of year it was perfect...no crazy party groups but great weather and location! Pool area is beautiful and very clean...rooms were basic but it was clean enough, only disappointment was no fridge. Cans of pop are charged at €2.50 but 68c from the supermarket just up the road. We didn’t need air con despite the high temperatures as our room was shaded and comfortable enough to sleep but is charged at an additional €70 for the week and if you want a safety deposit box €30 for the week. Approximately a 30-40 minute walk into Stalis town which we would recommend...plenty more restaurants and bars & very pretty. You can also get the ‘happy train’ which runs between Malia, Stalis & Hersonissos for €12 which is a great way to get around and you can hop on and off, Hersonissos has some beautiful beaches!! 24hr security and they don’t stand for any rowdiness or noise after midnight! Can imagine we may have had a different experience in the height of season but all in all perfect stay would highly recommend and would definitely visit again!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Dgee47
Reviewed October 7, 2019

Ours was a last minute, end of season holiday and not expensive. We stayed for a week and to be honest I wasn’t expecting much, as TUI rated the hotel a two-star. Both my husband and I were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was very nice, had lovely gardens and swimming pool. Our room was very clean, spacious and had lovely views. The staff were very polite. My husband had beer a few times and found the price the same as the bars outside. Our sheets and towels were changed mid week, and our bin daily. It was very clear on TUI website before we booked, that breakfast was a continental one and there was a charge for air con and safe, and a possible local tax. So none of these came as a surprise. Not having a TV in our room didn’t bother us either because we hardly spent any time in it other than sleep and shower. There were too many things to occupy us outdoors. I would recommend that people read accommodation details before they book, especially for items that are important to them, like WiFi for example and breakfast. I must admit, a small fridge would have been very helpful as I like to have cold water in the night when hot.

The hotel has every right to charge for damage to any of the hotel’s property, including badly stained linen and towels, which need to be replaced because they cannot be used again. I happened to see one such example and it was disgusting.

All in all, I would definitely use this hotel again because it offered me what I wanted: clean, no frills accommodation, pleasant surroundings, convenient location, and the feeling of security. We didn’t come expecting the Ritz for the money we paid and neither should others.

Maria P.

Room tip: Tranquil location, good views, pleasant gardens, bar
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed October 7, 2019

First arrived & was welcomed by the lady Kula whom was very nice & friendly, while she was away hotel was looked after by a man who we overheard shouting at a couple because of a stain on a sheet, man was coming across very patronising as he asked for there ages then went on to talk about how he was older therefore basically wiser, the same man served my boyfriend 2 bottles of water & hissed & tutted at him because he wanted to pay the money on card, there was a lady at the breakfast was very rude to me because I had spilt some milk, making me feel bad even though it was unintentional, electricity in the hotel room was very poor as I was unable to use my straighteners or hair dryer the whole week without blowing the fuses, fortunately the man & lady who fixed the problem were very polite & kind about the situation, the cleaners left our door unlocked on one occasion too but thought we’d give them the benefit of the doubt before we said anything, happy it didn’t happen again as it seemed the man running the hotel wouldn’t of been understanding. Overall wasn’t a bad looking hotel with good facilities for the price you pay just think some of the staff need to work on their customer service skills.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2019

4 euros a day for wi fi 30 euros a week safety box and 72 euros a week air con, and they made me pay there hotel tax before they gave me the room key at 1 am .the room was a fair size but a bit dated. Housekeeping was very poor, towels only change twice in a week.. breakfast was limited and the same everyday. The location was the best thing about this hotel

Reviewed October 5, 2019

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a week, wouldn’t recommend. Towels changed twice but only got given small hand towels which don’t cover your body at all. Bed sheets changed once (changed being a fresh sheet chucked on the bottom of bed). Rooms look like a prison cell, no tv, no air con (unless you want to pay €70) no WiFi (unless you want to pay €10). Cleanliness very poor, plug sockets were dodgy. Came to check out, got charged €20 for abit of sand on a towel, wouldn’t give passport back until we paid (absolute scam). Got shouted and spoken to in a disgusting manor just because of some sand. Staff are rude and unapproachable. Owners pet dogs running round whilst your trying to eat and sunbathe. Ruined our holiday. Will not be returning.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple