All reviews malia dedalos free shots girls holiday towels were changed the hotel manager the main strip charged euros hour bar beach towels hotel is perfect literally a minute walk just returned from a week hotel is situated fantastic holiday lovely pool bed sheets sun loungers
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel on the 22nd of September should have arrived the 21st of September but due to a 18 hour delete at Manchester we lost a day of our holiday but when we got there we were welcomed and not charged the full amount for air con and wi fi the hotel is amazing for way we paid very clean lovely pool and bar area room basic but was fine for way we needed so I would like to thank you all for a lovely stay we will be back next year

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from a 1 week stay. We stayed at his hotel as part of a TUI package. My guess is that It has approximately 60-70 rooms- Although your probably assume that it was more as they are numbered 301, 205 etc.  We arrived late at night and our transfer coach dropped us off outside. The TUI rep met us outside and that was the one and only time that I seen him- I couldn't even tell you his name. I have a feeling that this was probably due to the fact that our stay was right at the end of the season. This trip was never intended to be a 'party,' it was intended as a means to soak up the last of the Summer sun.
The hotel manager Koula checked us in, provided us with our green wristband, completeed paperwork and ran through the rules. They maintain the passport of the lead passenger for the duration of your stay. She advised that she'd look after us during our trip. We checked in late on the Tuesday evening....... I never seen her again after Thursday- again I have a feeling that as our trip was at the end of the season she was perhaps off on her own holiday, or perhaps had to rush off for an emergency.
There appear to be 2 types of accommodation- a room with a basic kitchenette, and rooms without. We stayed in a room without a kitchenette. It was very basic. 2 twin beds, a dressing table with a mirror (not a full length mirror) a wooden bench, balcony, and a basic bathroom. The shower was terrible- VERY small- to the extent that I felt claustrophobic in it, and it leaked over the top of the shower basin all over the bathroom floor every time that we used it as it appeared to drain VERY slowly.
When we checked in we were charged 12 Euros per room for the Greek 'bedroom' tax. We paid 50 euros each which included air con in the room, the use of the safe in the room, and Friday night 'party night.- not worth attending. Part night consisted of a free bar from 2100-2200 on the Friday evening. It was far from a free bar as it appeared the drinks were limited to a spirit and a mixer served in a plastic cup. I felt robbed. We were not obliged to pay the 50 euros each, but felt pressurised into doing so.
Breakfast- breakfast was served from 0800-1000 daily. Very, very basic continental and if you got there any later than 0900 you may as well have not have bothered as there was practically nothing left.
Bedding was not changed during our entire stay, and towels were changed at most once during our 7 day trip. No toiletries in the bathroom except for 1 bar of soap. Toilet paper appeared to be rationed- we went and bought our own from a nearby supermarket at one point!!
Pool area very, very clean and modern with lovely sun loungers, Beautifully maintained gardens and plants. Hotel is set back from the man strip meaning that noise was of a minimum. Close proximity to the main strip, supermarkets etc. The beach was an approximate 20 minute walk away. Checkout is as 1200 on the last day of your stay, however you can request a late check out which delays your check out until 1800 for 25 euros if you book it at least 24 hours before you are due to check out. Your can not consume your own food and drinks around the pool. You must purchase them at the bar. Wifi available in the bar area for a fee. Vast age range of guests at the hotel, all of whom were lovely. We didn't see any children at the hotel which made be believe that it was perhaps an adults only hotel, although I may be mistaken.
This hotel was definitely not the worst that I have stayed in, but was certainly not the best. Could be improved.
No fridge or kettle in rooms without kitchonette.

1  Thank laurah3661
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

Spent ten nights here cannot fault the hotel very clean very friendly always there to help everyone breakfast was basic but nice and fresh pool area very clean no problems with this hotel meet some nice people there room was tidyed ever day

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Washingm1
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Arrived on the 6th September and koola was welcoming UNTIL we paid 100€ for aircon safe and free 1 hour bar. After this she didn’t speak to us at all not even a hello. If you don’t buy the expensive watered down drinks at the hotel bar or buy their crap food then she won’t interact with you. We got a different room which was smaller than we originally paid for which we weren’t happy about however koola was always drunk so couldn’t change it. Koola and the reps made us feel very unwelcome so we went to the beach in the daytime instead of being at the hotel.
Sorry POOLA but we came on holiday to chill out and experience malia not to please you.
Malia is an amazing place and this was our second time visiting malia just a shame we stayed at this hotel.

By the way they say you can’t take anyone back to your room for fun but we snuck past the security so up yours POOLA

3  Thank Connector770493
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Me and my friend arrived at the dedalos hotel on the 6th September. Initially the manager Poola was quite welcoming but that was only so she could get us to pay the €100 for safe, air con and WiFi for the week. After this she may have waved at us a total of 3 times. As we did not use the bar she did not converse with us at all. We did not feel welcome at all. Felt very uncomfortable around her. And not only the fact that she was rude we did not even have the room we originally paid for!! The day before we left we received a note slipped under the door saying that late checkout was an option and to ask at reception as long as it was 24hrs before the original checkout time. We went to reception later that day and were told we couldn’t have late checkout at all? Made no sense. As we were waiting for our coach transfer she walked past us to leave the hotel and didn’t even say goodbye or I hope you enjoyed your stay. She was very cold and unapproachable the entire week. I would never stay here again and I suggest you don’t either!! Also jokes on you we snuck someone in our room and I curled one out in your bin

2  Thank Daniel M