“A great way to see the small villages along the water”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Happy Train

Happy Train
Ranked #5 of 22 things to do in Malia
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an independent company called the Happy Train that, is on route between Malia-Hersonisoss-Stalis and a half day tour to Krasi or Mochos, day after day, in Crete Greece. All tickets can be purchased from our office in Malia or our ticket booths opposite Ikaros Hotel, Anthoussa Hotel in Stalis area.
Wilbraham, Massachusetts, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A great way to see the small villages along the water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

If you want to see what Malia has to offer take this 1 hour train ride through the village and you can see all the shops and restaurants so you know what you like and go back to.

1 Thank Jamie R

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Malia by bus...it's easy!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

In my last review I forgot to mention that we took the bus to both Malia and Ag Nic. The bus to both places runs along the main road,5-7mins walk from Nikos Appts. Don't expect a bus like ours in the UK,mostly they're coaches,and a lot more comfortable,although they are a bit more difficult to get on to,as the steps are a bit steep. We caught the bus at bus stop no 27. The fare to Malia was 1.60eu each way,but I think a return is available. Not every bus goes beyond Malia,I think every other one turns and goes back to Horsonisis(sorry about the spelling!!??) The fare to Ag Nic,was 3.80eu single trip,and was well worth it,some lovely scenery on the way. What really surprised us was...the buses were on time!!! So much for "Avrio..avrio!!Most bus-stops have a time-table. We were told that the market in Ag.Nic was worth a visit,so we gave it a go. If you are Self Catering,the fresh produce here is very,very cheap,albeit a long way to go. However,there is a very big,modern Spar supermarket in Malia,where you can get more or less everything,plus an in-store bakery. So if your're on a budget,make a trip there,much,much cheaper than buying in the local corner shops,which are fine for bread and milk ect,but very limited in their selection. There is also a Lidl,but not too sure where.
Another thing,I don't like Air Con,and intended to take a fan with me,but at the last moment I took the fan out of my case and resigned myself to buying one when we got there. Couldn't find one in Stalis,so we went to Malia,a shop called EXPERT.who had a really good selection. The guy in there spoke excellent English, I was expecting to pay about 30eu,but once again to my surprise...only 20eu's!!
Hope you find this helpful.

Visited October 2013
6 Thank Jub B
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
“Fun day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

It was good to see a bit of 'real' Crete up in the mountains with our visit to Krassi. Friendly guide with a sound knowledge of the area.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just returned from Crete and a trip on this is a must go on the trip to the village in the mountains well worth it.
Good value for money

Visited October 2013
1 Thank mark67710
Glenrothes
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“tourist train”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

This train takes you around Malia, Stallis and surrounding area's well worth a little trip if walking is not your thing it lets you see a little bit of the resort