“My girlfriend and I stopped”
Review of Oliva

Oliva
Ranked #16 of 99 Restaurants in Malia
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My girlfriend and I stopped at this restaurant for a quick bite to eat. We ordered a small meze as we weren’t very hungry.
We also ordered some mussels which was a bit on the salty side, but still tasty.
They brought some complimentary bread out and some freshly cooked pita also.

The atmosphere was great - nice traditional music, simple but nice decoration and nice lighting.

The service was fantastic. The gents looking after us were extremely friendly and even though we weren’t having a massive meal, they really looked after us.

At the end, we decided to have the cheese pies as dessert to share and they were amazing. We tried them at other places afterwards and no one had better in comparison.
They gave us a couple of complimentary delicious shots and also some grapes marinated in olive oil and butter over yogurt also on the house. We were not expecting those and they were delicious.
Then to top it up, they offered some fresh watermelon once we asked for the bill.
So generous!

I wish I had tried more bigger dishes. I saw some of them coming out and they looked amazing.

If I’m ever back in East Crete, I would definitely come here again and try some more traditional dishes.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (84)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and my girlfriend have been to Crete for 2 years while travelling around the island, exploring food and sceneries.
And without kidding, this is the best place for both food and service, that we've been to so far. I've been a waiter for 2 years so I know what service means.
I actually made a TripAdvisor account just to write this review :)
So when you're in Malia area or even a bit further and have a car, come here, you won't regret it.
Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On holiday in Crete with my husband we took awalk to the Old Town in Malia Crete. Well worth the walk.
On arrival we had local bread with a beetroot dip while we looked at the menu. We chose and my husband ordered halumi and I had feta parcels. Much to my husband's horror we shared both between us both wonderful this was followed by Kleftico for me and hubby had Souvlaki (chicken). I didn't want to share my Kleftico beautifully slow roasted lamb complete with veg and seasoned with a creamy feta and side salad. mmmmmm. Husband Souvlaki well presented with two skewers salad chips and pita bread. And a bowl of veg soup, (local tradition??) His meal was very tasty ( not as good as mine) We washed all this down with a bottle of house white.
We found the staff to be very friendly and helpfull. There appeared to be lot of returning guests when we there. I would recommend this place and like many others we will be returning

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We wanted an authentic Greek meal and were impressed by menu. The waiters were attentive throughout our meal, making us feel very welcome. Although we didn't order a starter we were brought a beetroot dip with bread which was delicious. My husband ordered the lamb kleftiko and I had the beef stifado. Both meals were amazing. The meat was melt in the mouth and delicious, we couldn't fault it. At the end of the meal we were given chunks of watermelon and a mystery liqueur. A fabulous meal at a great price....give it a go.

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

Excellent evening meal. It was delicious, a must go to restaurant. We had the pork in bacon and mushroom sauce for main course