First of all.. one word... PANOS <3
Panos is the manager and owner of the hotel and is possibly the greatest friendliest man I have EVER met!
The 8 of us 19 year old guys from Surrey were greeted on arrival by with a welcome shot before being taken to your rooms... one thing you'll have to take into consideration is that €20 per person (non refundable deposit) is needed for the air conditioning in your room and the safe key.
We stayed in a 4 bedroom suite and the rooms were so clean! We had a little kitchenette area if we wanted to cook food and there is also a fridge in the room (Ideal for buying bottles of water and keeping your alcohol cool!) The rooms were cleaned 3 or 4 times over the 7 nights we were there which was really good... the showers are also amazing... couldn't fault the rooms at all!
The hotels food is AMAZING... they'll cook you whatever you like and the presentation of the food is amazing too! The prices on food are very reasonable as well...
For a full english fry up your looking at €5.50
A pint €3
An alcoholic cocktail €5
Evening meals €5 - €11
The hotel is just a 2 minute walk from the strip and there you can find a supermarket to buy all of your snacks and alcohol..
[BE WARNED: There is A LOT of fake alcohol in Malia!]
Things to look out for when buying your pre-drinks alcohol...
- Look at the fill levels for each bottle (a lot of the cheaper schnapps and vodka have fill levels that are higher and lower than each other) ... in this case it is most probably fake
- Look at the caps and lids on bottles (i wouldnt trust plastic bottle screw on caps) and the Kopparbergs most probably aren't real if they are in a green glass bottle with just a gold cap on the top (they normally have the kopparberg logo on the top cap)
I would reccommend buying the Absolut Vodka as I was drinking this all week and didn't have a problem at all... its €1 more than Smirnoff (Smirnoff is the most commonly faked alcohol in the world) ... and with Absolut you have a security lid to show its not been tampered with etc...
The beach is about a 20 minute walk away from the hotel and is quite a long trek along the strip to get there... we did it one day and it was fun but it was too long to walk in the heat and the hangovers! The water however was really nice and had a few waves at times too... the floor was a tad rocky, but nothing major...
NIGHT OUT DEALS
Don't part with more than €5 per person on a deal (and be aware that the drinks you get are about 50% watered down) ... if you negotiate with the reps you can get 2 shots, 2 pints of headfu**er and 2 fishbowls
We went to a lot of places in our week but I would definitely reccomend BANANA BAR, CANDY CLUB & SAFARI CLUB
PLACES TO EAT OUT
Heard dodgy reports about food poisining at GRINGOS MEXICAN (so don't eat there!!) ... we did like eating at THE LOFT BAR nice food there! but you cant go wrong with eating at STICKY FINGERS, great quality food there!
Every Saturday night at the Aegean Sky they hold a little BBQ night where you have a buffet, a raffle and a little Cretan culutral dancing show by Panos and his family... this is €20 each... to be honest its not really worth €20 but the evening was great and we had a good time, and Panos is such a nice guy you really feel that he deserves it :)
If you have any other questions just drop me an e-mail, i'll be happy to answer them!
DEFINITLEY STAY AT THIS HOTEL... ITS A CLASS ABOVE ANY OTHER LADS HOTEL I'VE STAYED AT
BTW: The ratio of hot girls in Malia IS RIDICULOUSLY GOOD... im not even kidding
YOU GET MORE THAN YOURE MONEYS WORTH HERE :)
(P.S don't p**s off Stelios the night guard at the Frixos Hotel opposite the Aegean Sky... he is one angry fu**er and won't stand for s**t!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aegean Sky is the place to be for those who enjoy living life to the full. A refreshing change from the ordinary, we have the right facilities and the right people to make your holiday memorable.Aegean Sky is an outstanding hotel complex, combining high quality accommodation with personal service in Malia, Crete.All studios and apartments are finished to a high standard with balconies or patios.Located in the centre of Malia, just off the beach road where all the bars, restaurants and shops can be found.In Aegean Sky we pride ourselves in the personal service we offer and all our guests feel secure in the knowledge that we will go the extra mile.We look forward to welcoming you in Aegean Sky and helping you find your own perfect moments in Crete. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aegean Sky Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aegean Sky Hotel Malia
- Aegean Sky Hotel And Suites
- Aegean Sky Hotel & Suites Malia, Crete