“AMAZING - PERFECT LADS/GIRLS HOLIDAY”

Aegean Sky Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 91 Hotels in Malia
Reviewed July 8, 2012

First of all.. one word... PANOS <3

Panos is the manager and owner of the hotel and is possibly the greatest friendliest man I have EVER met!

The 8 of us 19 year old guys from Surrey were greeted on arrival by with a welcome shot before being taken to your rooms... one thing you'll have to take into consideration is that €20 per person (non refundable deposit) is needed for the air conditioning in your room and the safe key.

THE ROOMS
We stayed in a 4 bedroom suite and the rooms were so clean! We had a little kitchenette area if we wanted to cook food and there is also a fridge in the room (Ideal for buying bottles of water and keeping your alcohol cool!) The rooms were cleaned 3 or 4 times over the 7 nights we were there which was really good... the showers are also amazing... couldn't fault the rooms at all!

The hotels food is AMAZING... they'll cook you whatever you like and the presentation of the food is amazing too! The prices on food are very reasonable as well...

For a full english fry up your looking at €5.50
A pint €3
An alcoholic cocktail €5
Evening meals €5 - €11

The hotel is just a 2 minute walk from the strip and there you can find a supermarket to buy all of your snacks and alcohol..

[BE WARNED: There is A LOT of fake alcohol in Malia!]
Things to look out for when buying your pre-drinks alcohol...

- Look at the fill levels for each bottle (a lot of the cheaper schnapps and vodka have fill levels that are higher and lower than each other) ... in this case it is most probably fake

- Look at the caps and lids on bottles (i wouldnt trust plastic bottle screw on caps) and the Kopparbergs most probably aren't real if they are in a green glass bottle with just a gold cap on the top (they normally have the kopparberg logo on the top cap)

I would reccommend buying the Absolut Vodka as I was drinking this all week and didn't have a problem at all... its €1 more than Smirnoff (Smirnoff is the most commonly faked alcohol in the world) ... and with Absolut you have a security lid to show its not been tampered with etc...

THE BEACH
The beach is about a 20 minute walk away from the hotel and is quite a long trek along the strip to get there... we did it one day and it was fun but it was too long to walk in the heat and the hangovers! The water however was really nice and had a few waves at times too... the floor was a tad rocky, but nothing major...

NIGHT OUT DEALS
Don't part with more than €5 per person on a deal (and be aware that the drinks you get are about 50% watered down) ... if you negotiate with the reps you can get 2 shots, 2 pints of headfu**er and 2 fishbowls

BEST BARS/CLUBS
We went to a lot of places in our week but I would definitely reccomend BANANA BAR, CANDY CLUB & SAFARI CLUB

PLACES TO EAT OUT
Heard dodgy reports about food poisining at GRINGOS MEXICAN (so don't eat there!!) ... we did like eating at THE LOFT BAR nice food there! but you cant go wrong with eating at STICKY FINGERS, great quality food there!

Every Saturday night at the Aegean Sky they hold a little BBQ night where you have a buffet, a raffle and a little Cretan culutral dancing show by Panos and his family... this is €20 each... to be honest its not really worth €20 but the evening was great and we had a good time, and Panos is such a nice guy you really feel that he deserves it :)

If you have any other questions just drop me an e-mail, i'll be happy to answer them!

DEFINITLEY STAY AT THIS HOTEL... ITS A CLASS ABOVE ANY OTHER LADS HOTEL I'VE STAYED AT

BTW: The ratio of hot girls in Malia IS RIDICULOUSLY GOOD... im not even kidding

YOU GET MORE THAN YOURE MONEYS WORTH HERE :)

(P.S don't p**s off Stelios the night guard at the Frixos Hotel opposite the Aegean Sky... he is one angry fu**er and won't stand for s**t!)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank G33ZA

Reviewed July 7, 2012

After reading reviews I was eager to meet this "Panos" character I had seen so much about. Sure enough we arrived at the hotel at about 12.45AM (flight was delayed slightly) and there he was to greet us and 2 other groups. He shook hands with everybody and made us all feel welcome. He assured us that everything would be taken care of and told us that whilst we stayed at the Aegean Sky we were part of his family and we should treat it like our home. He then took us to the pool bar and everyone got a free shot to kick start their holiday. Yamas! is a word you will hear alot in Greece as it is their version of "Cheers!" when drinking. We had booked thinking that we had a view of the pool in Aegean Sky 1 but Panos revealed that we would be staying in Aegean Sky 2 as there were 2 rooms together. This was fair enough and it was only a 2 minute walk from reception. Our rooms were very good and very clean.

The security guards at the hotel were faultless in my opinion. They spoke good english and were really nice people. George was the security guard at Aegean Sky 2 and he helped us out on the first night when one of my group drank a little too much. They greeted us whenever they saw us which added to the sense that everyone was part of an extended Aegean Sky family. The security guards also knew when to be serious and I felt safe within not just the hotel but the road it was situated on.

In my opinion the Aegean Sky had good facilities and rooms. The manager Panos simply makes this hotel the best I have stayed in. He had time for everyone at any time of day. He would help with anything and is quite simply one of the greatest men I have ever met. Always around the pool area and greeted and said farewell to every single group that was lucky enough to have chosen the Aegean Sky for their holiday. I thought Panos was such a legend I decided to buy underwear with his name on the back and there are countless pictures on the Wall of Fame in the reception area where people have bought shirts and the like in dedication to him. Special mention also has to go to the staff at the hotel. The security guards I have spoken about but the bar staff deserve a mention and even the cleaner stopped for a chat when we were in. She was also very good at her job.

This is the first hotel in which I have felt compelled to come and write a review for. Simply the best. Choose Aegean Sky for your holidays... you wont regret it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jack G
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The Aegean Sky without a doubt is the best choice for staying in malia! The rooms are well equiped and clean, the bar serves good food and the drink is reasonably well priced ( all brand names! haha ) The best bit has to be Panos though, or 'sexy doctor Panos' as we called him after he treated the bad burn I got on my arm. The man is a legend! Nothing is ever a problem and he really does treat you like family. All the staff are friendly and helpfull making you feel at home, and George the security guard was good at making sure we got in the room after a night out! The Aegean Sky is very well placed for the strip as it is only a couple of minutes walk away, and also has a small shop right next to it. We really couldn't fault the place. Thanks for making sure we had a great holiday Panos and I will be back.

Room Tip: Try to stay in either Aegean Sky 1 or 2 as 3 did look like quite a walk away and across a busy road.
1  Thank DonnieHunter
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Just arrived home after the best week of my life! Couldn't have chosen a better hotel! All staff members were unbelievably friendly and made you feel so welcome! It's not like any other hotel where the staff hardly speak to you - everybody mixes and it has an amazing atmosphere! Cleaners were there every day to give you clean sheets and towels! There are 4 security guards at Aegean Sky which gave me inner security! The hotel manager looks after you all week making sure that you are enjoying! He organises a BBQ and entertainment for everyone to learn a bit about the Greek culture which i thought was a lovely touch! Even though Malia is a stunning place and is an amazing place to go on holiday, it has to be said that the hotel and all the staff made my holiday! Panos is the best manager I have ever met, he definitely makes Aegean Sky worthwhile! i will 100% be returning next year for round 2!

Room Tip: I personally think the pool rooms are much better than the garden rooms!
1  Thank Talia J
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Choosing the aegean sky for our stay in malia was a fantastic choice . Panos is great fun and looks after all his guests like they are his family(treated my friends burns on his arm). The rooms are very nice , spottlessly clean and the night staff will help you into your room after a night out on the strip.The aegean sky is in a perfect location for its young guests with literally a 3-4 min walk to the strip, just far enough away to sleep when you eventually make it home. Great facilities , great staff , great holiday and I will be back.Panos is a legend

Room Tip: Try to get in buildings 1 or 2
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I'd heard brilliant reviews about Panos and Aegean Sky before coming to Malia & I have to say I was impressed. Panos gave us a massive welcome and had the shots lined up at the bar ready.
I straight away felt at home and mostly reassured and safe. Panos went through a 5 minute chat and gave us a few heads ups in terms of insurance and safety. His number one rule was that we were to feel like family and he'd help us whenever we needed him, which he did.
I'd even witnessed Panos playing doctor to some sun burned teens!
When we wanted to hire quad bikes Panos organised for us to be picked up and made sure that we were not ripped off. He also called us taxis and confirmed our coaches back to the airport. They were small gestures but they meant a lot and saved us stress.
Whilst Panos is the face of Aegean Sky, you can't forget the amazing team he has backing him. His family and friends were all extremely welcoming and on our last night they held a traditional Greek bbq, the food was great and the entertainment from Panos and his family was too.
In terms of our room, we were impressed to have our own balcony, everything was close by and the room was also sound proof.
It was cleaned regularly and security were about 24/7 if we needed anything. A big thanks to Mike for helping us with our air con and fire alarm at stupid O'Clock in the morning!
The hotel was also insistent on only serving branded alcohol, you'll appreciate this when you try some of they grimy alcohol other bars are serving. Don't be conned unless you want to end up sick!
The food and drinks sold by the pool were reasonably priced and the pool was always clean. There was also plenty of sunbeds available.
My only regret is that we only booked to stay for a week, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone and hope to be seeing Panos and the team next year!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 10 of Aegean sky, close enough to the pool and the balcony gave us some privacy!
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Brilliant place miss it so much now as weather here in England it crap. Amazing atomosphere and best hotel staff. Very close to the strip but not loud so can still sleep. Rooms are really good and you definitely need the safe and air con. If you want to do any trips or rent quad bikes talk to panos as he will sort everything out. Went for 10 nights and was perfect amount as 7 nights is too short. Hotel food was lovely and drinks were all branded not like the clubs and bars. Defo would go back in the future. Many thanks Panos missing Malia already big time.

Room Tip: Book in advance. Aegean Sky 1 has the pool 2 & 3 do not.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malia
Kastro Beach Apartments
#3 of 58 in Heraklion
Royal Heights Resort
Royal Heights Resort
#6 of 91 in Malia

Been to Aegean Sky Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!