Yiannis Manos Apartments
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewspool partynext yearlads holidayquiz nightpools are greatself cateringair conbest week of my lifefor making our holidayevery other dayminute walk from the hotelthe security guardolympic holidaysend of seasonbbq nightgreat holidayplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Being out of the bar lined streets means these apartments have plenty of space for pool, bar and decent sized living accomadation with excellent balconies. Good for bigger groups of people where meeting on the balconies or by the pool is well catered for.
I was on the ground floor which meant I could live without the 50 euro air conditioning, but this was offset by the noisy neighbours coming home all hours (and shouting, but tame compared to living on the high street) and also meant I got bitten by some ants on my legs.
There is a useful supermarket across the road and the most excellent Eva Taverna for authentic well seasoned and spiced Greek food cooked to perfection which eventually we partook in every night. Parking is available and because a Seat Corroba was only £160 for the week from the airport, we tried out a few other places in Crete, but this can be recommended as a good base for a wealth of facilities access to much of Crete.
We booked via Olympic and after a few days customers from other Olympic places transferred to here so I'm confident its one of the better facility places and late night and morning transfers are quick and almost straight to the hotel (no detours to others first)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2009

just arrived home from this hotel...was terrific.Cant praise the hotel enough...great facilities,two lovely pools, great on site entertainment! great for the party goers but also for families. No messing is allowed in the hotel but doesnt take away from the atmosphere the staff create! no noise allowed after twelve which is why is is good for families, no messing either and no guest for late night fun!!! Excellent security! would def return and if u are going soon....no need to worry u will have a balst!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmandaDoyle09
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Just returned from a one week holiday at the Yannis Mannos, 19 to 26 May.
I hired a safe deposit box located in reception on my arrival. When I checked my Euro's the next day 120 had been taken. The rep did not want to know, so I am making an official copmplaint to Olympic Holidays, my insurance company want to know the outcome of the complaint. The owners recommend that guest take taxi's when going out at night as there have been instances of handbag snatches in the area.
As I was leaving workmen were upgrading security in the safe deposit box area and fitting a new camera.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2009

I went to Yiannos Manos twice with my teenagers. Close enough to Malia for them to walk and far enough away to preserve my sanity.

They all loved it.

The rooms are clean and the staff fabulous.

The breakfast was the perfect hangover cure.

Lots of teenagers but some single mums and parents like me to chat to. The staff keep control of the place so no screaming shenanigans going on.

Esy walk to the beach which changes from packed to empty in a mile.

Loved the nearby Roman site which hardly anyone visits and is much better than the other one everyone talks about. Beautiful harbour village up the road walking through olive groves.

Liked the old town and has some wonderful meals there.

If you don't like pop music at the pool don't go but it doesn't start til late morning so that's good. Lots of loungers and two pools.

No facilities for toddlers and young children.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank dianLancaster
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Hi all,
I have been reading some of the reviews on here and I am in all honesty astonished by what comments have been made, especially about the noise and the location. My IMMEDIATE ADVISE would be to speak to your travel agent; Malia is renowned for its nightlife and has been for many years, this is not the location for someone looking to relax... UNLESS you go at the very beginning or very end of season when things are winding down. People of all ages travel from far and wide to visit malia and its nightlife, I myself went 5 times on holiday in 2005 and returned the following year to work the season.

As a holiday representative I saw all different type of accommodation and the main issue with people booking Malia is the misinformation they receive, also if it is your first trip to a Greek island you will not be aware of how basic facilities can be in comparison to Spain, Italy etc. However Hyannis Manos does cater to a higher standard then other apartments On Crete.

As from 01 September 2006- end of season 31st October 2006 I lived there along with 3 other holiday reps who worked the Malia resort and as you can imagine our days were very very long indeed, I can honestly say that the noise disturbance was minimal, we were ground floor, just behind the reception building, therefore central for noise disturbance.

Yannis Manos is guarded 24hrs, with the bar facility also available 24hours until the very end of season unlike other apartment blocks which will start closing facilities as from the end of September, this includes the bar area during the day. Hyannis Manos, is a family run business who take great pride in there apartments, they are clean, have extra amenities in comparison to other blocks in Malia, they offer 24hour guard/ night staff and as long as you treat the rooms with respect you will have a fantastic stay.

Unfortunately if you are looking for a quiet week in the sun next to the beach, this is not it and any issues you will need to take up with the person who sold you the holiday.

I am also returning for my holidays here this year 2nd September, my main reasons for booking are because it is the best accommodation in Malia, However the short distance from the bar street means that if you wish to sleep you can.

• Stayed: September 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)