“Great hotel in Malia.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malia
Yiannis Manos Apartments
Ranked #3 of 82 Specialty Lodging in Malia
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed one week from 27th July 2013. Self catering room. Great first impressions, very clean, 2 pools, plenty of sun loungers, bar with food, tv's. Very friendly staff the only negative was George the security guy. As much as he had job to do it was the way he approached situations that really didn't help. At 12midnight you were required to turn off any music and keep noise to a minimum...fine, rules are rules and are applicable to everyone. George had very little tolerance with people and started shouting, pointing fingers and getting people wound-up very quickly. I had no problem personally with him but as I was watching all the guests from the balconies having issues with him nightly I think he could do to have some customer training on how to talk to people without jumping straight in and causing more tension. The guests are majority young (18 - 21) groups of male or females. Hotel is 15min walk from the strip but this really wasn't a huge distance - I didn't see this as a negative. Closest beach only 10min away. Music by the pool daily and even have a pool party hosted by one of the strip DJ's with party games, etc, a good laugh even if you don't get involved yourself. Regular drink promos at the bar although I found the strength of the drinks a little weak compared to the strip. Food was poor I thought, Pizza, sandwiches fine actually quite good, anything that involved more taste / spices or cooking wasn't very good at all. I ordered Chicken Tikka one night and there were no Tikka spices, no flavour (very bland) really not good. Nachos consisted of a plates of Doritos with cold squirty cheese sauce on top....not the oven-baked, melted grated cheese as described in the menu! I explained my dislike and the smallest amount of melted cheese was put on top but certainly not worth €4. Eat a snack there just go somewhere else for a main meal and flavour. You can extend your room until 5pm for €25 on check-out day or there is a cold shower in the toilet. Room was basic - aircon essential but at €60 a week a bit pricey for a must. You will need to buy toilet rolls once the one they give you runs out (a little cheapskate I thought). Linen / towels changed twice a week only. Self catering; no kettle or microwave (what century are we in?) but coped with boiling water in a pan, etc. Overall great hotel and would go back.

Room Tip: I suggest if you are a couple and maybe want a quieter night go for a room on the top level 3.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just got back from a weeks holiday with 3 other friends. We had a 1 bedroom apartment, was slightly small and quite basic but was pretty clean and was only a place to put our heads at night! The bathroom was fine but the shower curtain design was awful, but there was a drain in the middle of the bathroom which meant the water had somewhere to drain so was fine. Visited other rooms which seemed a bit nicer and bigger (1 bedroom rooms also sleeping 4 would be a better room!) The hotel itself was a lot better than I expected, the pool was great, clean and there was an abundance of sunbeds every day, even getting up at around midday! The staff were great, really friendly - Stefano was a great guy, always up for a laugh! They host a pool party every Thursday which is great fun, some of the DJs from the strip turn up so its quite a big event! There was a pool situated on the quieter side of the complex but we never went there - looked perfectly nice though. All the seating areas outside were nice, and there was always sports being shown inside which was good. Reception was open from 9am till midnight which was really handy considering the safes were located in there. I think the biggest plus and surprise was the food - it was reasonably priced, more expensive than places on the strip but was amazing! I really think its the best place to eat in Malia - do not eat anywhere else, you don't need to! Its about 5-10 minutes walk to the strip and everyone from the hotel is walking that way so a good way to get chatting! Just watch out for George the security guard, tells you to turn off music by midnight and don't think of bringing anybody random back, he won't allow it! It wasn't too much of an issue but a consideration.

All in all was a great holiday, we had a superb time. I personally wont be going back as Malia killed me but would certainly recommend this to anybody considering Malia. Heard some horror stories from people about hotels - book here and have no fears!

Thanks Yiannis Manos for having us!

PS - if your not a group of youngsters, do NOT go here peak time - not suitable for families or couples.

Room Tip: Do not pick a studio, seemed smaller! Also if you want to play music pick a room not at the front or...
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Had an absolute belter of a wek in Yiannis Manos last week! Rooms are nice and clean bedsheets provided daily, the food is good and the atmosphere is great. There is a pool party and a BBQ which was great for meeting new people before you hit the strip which is only a 15 minute walk away.

The only negative was the psycho security guard who threatened to kill us and screamed at us repeatedly for making noise after 12 O'clock even though the bar blasted out music till 2.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Got a late deal, allocated on arrival, so had no idea where we'd end up. Got to be said, that at my age Malia wouldn't be my resort of choice. However, ended up at Yannis Manos. I'm not their typical guest, but for any parents checking this out on behalf of their kids, I'd have to agree with the young folk who have reviewed here already. If you're kids are going to Malia, it's got to be Yannis Manos. The complex is lovely, well cared for with pride and as a result the guests also treat it with respect because they are treated so well by the management and staff. On arrival, the staff welcome you, have fun and get to know you as an individual. It makes a change to go abroad and not be treated like a cash cow who is getting ripped off! This generosity was also evident in other local restaurants, food, service and surroundings all great. Had a meal at Illios Beach Road and they gave us free ice cream! Yannis Manos has plenty of staff, so although high jinks are the order of the day for the kids who holiday there, it is safe and very well run. Amazingly, given the average age of other residents, I didn't see any trouble or excessively drunk youngsters. Yannis Manos is a right of passage for kids who've done the hard work of exams and now want to let their hair down in the sun. If as a parent, you are letting them go to Malia, it's got to be Yannis Manos. They'll be delivered back to you a week later with some great memories, having been looked after, well entertained, very well fed, having had the time of their lives. As for me, I enjoyed my week relaxing in the sun with my kids but would say, if you're over 30, it might not be your scene. Didn't stop me relaxing though or being treated well by everyone at Yannis Manos. Won't mention individual staff members-they are all brilliant at what they do!

Room Tip: We were on the ground next to the big pool. Great location.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Anne-M M
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here in august 2012 with a group of 4 girls,the location was perfect it wasnt to out of the way from the strip but enough to have a good sleep without being disturbed !! There was always security guards outside the hotel which i liked because it made me feel safe.The hotel staff where brilliant always friendly and chatty during the day around the pools an at night when we had pre drinks they would come over and offer to play drinking games with us which definitly got you in a good mood for a night out around malia !!!! The pools were always kept lovely and clean and the rooms also the only downfall was the shower in are room used to go all over the floor and we would end up with abit of a flooded bathroom which really did not bother us !! As for the food it was average overall i would say definitly a great fun place to stay would definitly return agen !!!!! :D

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Amazing hotel with top staff! Make you feel welcome and have a good time! Stayed here June 2012. About. 5-6 minute walk from the strip but can get away from those annoying quad bikes. 2 minute walk from the beach.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Lynch17
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Me and my partner had an amazing time! The hotel is one of the best in Malia without a doubt. The pools are great, food is restaurant quality and rooms are really nice & to a high standard. We could stay there if we wanted to escape for a day. The staff were really friendly and in the know of whats good/good places etc. Theres a beautiful beach a few mins walk away and loads of restaurants too. There was also a pool party on the Thursday which was pretty lively!
Overall, we would recommend this hotel to couples and groups.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconys overlooking the pool which is quite nice, although the views are completely...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple