“Brilliant time, great hotel!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malia
Yiannis Manos Apartments
Ranked #3 of 82 Specialty Lodging in Malia
Reviewed July 21, 2012

What a great hotel to stay at, looking at other hotels by the strip made us all pleased we'd chosen to stay at Yiannos Manos.

Entertainment was very good, had a pool party while with live DJs from a nearby club.

Before coming I had read bad reviews about George the security guy, don't let this worry you at all. He is a really sound guy, and its nice to know that nothings going to kick off in the hotel or get belongings stolen.

Food was pretty good and the bar staff were very friendly and helpful.

It was a fantastic holiday and would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Malia. However, I can't stress this enough - Malia is not for families or children!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Couldn't of asked or found a better hotel in malia. All the staff are lovely, but make sure you dont get on the wrong side of the greeks they can be scary. I went with a group of 16 girls and we were all happy with our rooms which fitted 4, they were very spacious had a large balcony and two of the rooms had two balconys. The dj/entertainer Corin is the funniest man alive and gets everyone in a good mood before they head to the strip. The hotel bar has good deal on all cocktails 2 for 6 euros between 9pm - 1 am. The food in the hotel is also really good and cheap. The walk to the strip is about 5-10 mins, which sounds long, but when your drunk and with a group of people it seems about 1 minute long. I would definatley recommend Yiannis Manos for young people who are going to malia for a lively holiday. I had the best week of my life

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank imbbb
Reviewed July 8, 2012

what a lovely hotel couldn't fault it a short walk into the nightlife but far enough to get some sleep absolutely ideal

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrSum1
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Just got back from a week at Yiannos Manos and got to say had the best week of my life! The hotel is amazing rooms are excellent especially room 118 which has Two balconys!! :) the staff make the hotel especially Shawn the bar man and George! (Please) definately going back soon!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank JennyLouise88
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Went away with 6 other lads all aged between 20-22 and these were great apartments for our age range! We are all pretty out going lads up for a laugh and we we're not disappointed with the weeks entertainment! I'd go as far as saying that of all the lads holidays I've been on this is by far the best accommodation I have stayed at so far. The rep on the mic was called Currin don't know how his name is spelt exactly, but he was an absolute legend!! Such a funny guy. Also bar and reception staff we're really nice.

Below are the main pro's and con's of staying at Yiannos Manos:

Pro's
- Decent food
- Good entertainment
- Good vibe (young people all up for a laugh)
- 2 very good sized swimming pools
- Local shops - with fairly cheap alcohol (Mainly beer - Case of 18 5% bottles 500/568ml for 18.50 Euro)
and many more!!!

Con's
One of the main problems was security, not in terms of safety but in terms of rules and the guards themselves. The guards were nice at times, but when aggravated for whatever reason had a tendency to 'flip out' should I say. The main guard was George, who is okay if you stay on his good side but can be a complete psycho. He also had his little bum-boy guards who followed him and idolized him, who quite frankly I didn't think much of either.

Again the most stupid rule in foreign countries is the old bringing girls back! They hate it for some stupid reason! George would accept bribes and it was possible to walk a girl ahead sometimes (not that I did it myself :-/).

Oh and the room service lady was a bit of a pain but meh they usually are! There were no thefts that I knew of which was very good news..

So basically I would advise you to stay in the hotel if you are 18-30 and are up for having a laugh! The security situation ain't ideal but it rarely is in Greece. Overall I'd advise to stay in the apartments and if I were to come back to Malia I'd most likely stay again.

All the best if anyone looking is going away to Malia, have fun and stay safe (not like some of my friends having unprotected sexual intercourse)!!! :-)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2012

were young so destination was great with all the shops and clubs/bars however hotel was good but reception staff not soo nice i found them rude lovely people in the bar all i would say is the road to get to the strip which is a 20 minute walk minimum is dangerous its known as muggers mile and half way through our holiday a mum in our hotel got knocked off her scooter and mugged for hotel keys ect after all the things that i have read about this place and seen it needs police or secuirty from evening till late morning along the mile walk to the strip

Room Tip: none young venue noise is natural even though secuirty will prevent most shouting and hollering
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2012

not long back from yiannos manos went with my 16 year old daughter after getting a good deal for just £99 each , wasnt looking forward to going after reading the reviews on here but i can say we loved every day we where there and we are going back next year , dont take any notice of the comments on here just go and find out for your self's , we met a lot of lovely people while we there and the staff are brill , lorraine the barmaid is lovely gabby the cook does some lovely meals , andy the rep very helpful and mike that take cares of every body is brill oh and not forgetting goerge the night guard he is a gentleman even if we did get told of by him a couple of time;s he was all ways nice to you the next night . only a 10 min walk into the strip and the same for the old town the food in the pool bar is very nice and cheap we never eat out , pools are nice but very cold and the rooms are basic but nice

Room Tip: ask for room 110 the sun shines on it all day tell sunset lovely
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family