We have just returned from this amazing hotel after a 10 day stay. When we arrived, the hotel weren't expecting us due to an administration error back in England (nothing to do with the Royal Heights hotel). Michaelis who works on the reception met and welcomed us and told us not to worry, he would sort the mistake out. He then gave us a beautiful room and sorted the whole problem out for us. Julia works on reception too in the evening and is lovely and very friendly. Both Michaelis and Julia, between them, know everything about where to visit and what to do and become your little guardian angels on holiday.
The rooms are lovely, very clean and very well equipped. We had a one-bedroom suite which had a kitchenette, lounge with TV, large balcony, separate bedroom with another TV and separate bathroom.
We had a half-board basis but chose from the a la carte menu in the evening because the food was amazing. George (the gourmet chef) is an angel sent from the kitchens of heaven! His food is wonderful and we wanted to pack him in our suitcase and take him home with us! A special mention has to go to the waiters, they are extremely polite, friendly and attentive and make you feel special.
We went down to the main pool during the day because we didn't have a villa with a private pool but the hotel pool is beautiful, very clean, plenty of room and close to the rooms.
The spa is one of the best I have been to, very friendly and helpful staff on the desk and wonderful spa treatments. The spa pool is lovely and the gym has equipment I didn't even know existed!
There is a 10-15 minute walk down a steep hill from the hotel into Malia and a taxi back up the hill is about 8 euros. Malia is a nice little town with some amazing back street restaurants. We hired a car for 2 days and drove part of the way round the island and visited the Cretaquarium and the town of Heraklion for some shopping.
We loved this hotel and cannot find anything bad to say except there are only 2 english TV channels! We would definately go back and recommend it to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Heights Resort is situated in Malia area-Pezoula on an amazing privately-owned hill consisting of 60 acres of land with breathtaking views of the beautiful Cretan Sea. Located just 2 minutes away by car from the amazing beaches of Malia and just a 20 minute drive from the international airport ‘Nikos Kazantzakis’ in Heraklion and five minutes from the golf of Herisonnisos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Royal Heights Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Heights Hotel Malia
- Royal Heights Resort Malia, Crete