We have recently returned from a 7 day stay at Bella Elena and we thought that it was fabulous. We didn't go to Malia for the 'Strip' and really enjoyed the laid back nature of the Old Town.
For the price we paid we were amazed at the large size of the living-room, bedroom and the kitchen facilities- very large fridge, freezer, hob and oven. The bedroom was a great size too for a double room and there was more wardrobe space than 2 people ever could've needed, the apartment on the whole could've comfortably fit a group of 4.The bathroom was nice and spacious too and very clean.
The staff were lovely, they were extremely friendly from the moment we arrived and made an effort to talk with you and ask how your day had been.
Bar prices were reasonable and there was a range of English food on offer. The bar is open 24 hours a day which was really handy. The pool area was large for the size of the hotel, there were beds around the pool as well as behind and on a grassy garden area.
There was a lovely laid back atmosphere in the apartments, from what we saw, people staying there were mainly in couples. There were also a few families as well as large groups of friends so there was hardly any late night noise..
The apartments are in a great location if you don't want to stay too close to the main Strip, it's about a ten minute walk to there so you don't get too much noise from the busier areas. The Old Town is a lovely area, we found that there were some really great places around to eat in the evenings.
Slight draw backs were having to pay for air-con and extra toilet roll (!), it would've been nice if our towels and sheets were changed more often than they were too. But other than that we found no drawbacks at all with the apartments.
If we were to ever go back to Malia we would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bella Elena is a modern hotel unit, built in the heart of the village of Malia. Only a couple of minutes on foot from the central square of the village with its traditional cafes ready to serve you Cretan food and a few steps away from the seaside road of Malia, the most famous road for the nightlife it offers. Our apartments offer 3 star accommodations and are certified by EOT (Greek Tourism Organization). They dispose comfortable and sunny common areas, a big central swimming-pool, a small one for our young friends and a pool bar which is open 24 h a day. The location of Bella Elena is ideal for you to move on foot to every place in Malia, but also to discover the well-known sandy beaches of the area. At a near distance you will find super-markets, pharmacies, banks, restaurants, cafes, pubs, clubs and all kinds of shops so as to buy from clothes and souvenirs to jewelry and traditional Cretan products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bella Elena Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bella Elena Apartments Hotel Malia
- Bella Elena Apartments Malia, Crete