All reviews lovely marina windows closed beautiful hotel party area private pool rooms are comfortable old town quiet location perfect holiday hotel room cleaned every day malia strip maria noise sunbeds clubs greece
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2016

(-)
Breakfast is the same every day: boiled egg, slice of ham and cheese, cucumber and tomato, bread. It is ok for 1-2 days, but not 7 days in a row. Coffee is made of warm (not hot) water with powder. Owner Marina's attitude to us was not very welcoming. It seemed that she was tired of tourists and hotel guests.. Her mother is more kind than daughter.
Rooms look nicer in the photos than in reality.
Kitchen equipment in the room is very basic.
Mosquitos at night-take repelent to protect yourself.
TV had only 4 channels.
Wifi only in public area (around pool bar) and very unstable.
Take your own soap, shower gel, shampoo.

(+)
Nice pool with sunbeds, umbrellas. Quiet surroundings. Close to main street, shops, restaurants. Comfortable bed in the room. Beach is just ~5 min away from hotel.
Good for families with kids.
Not recommend for young people who want to party.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2016

This is really a private and cosy place just on the edge of Malia center. It is quiet, clean and cosy. The swimming pool area is really nice and beautiful. I enjoyed it so much, starting the day by swimming in this pool. The rooms are very nicely decorated and have the best beds you can get in Greece, Cocomat mattresses! This place is a real Boutique Hotel, tasteful decorated with the eye for details.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2016

What can I say------- booked this on the strength of other reviews and was so pleased that I listened to other travellers. This is a jewel in the crown of Malia accommodation. Clean,peaceful,pretty,relaxing and run by family that care about your needs. Central to the old village and the beaches.Marina and Maria were great hosts who cared about our time at their hotel and their island. The hotel has a lovely homely vibe with lots of personal touches.Our breakfast was great and so relaxed--- the way we needed it. Our rooms were spacious, clean, safe and with good amenities. Cannot fault Sunvillage and look forward to our return.

Room tip: We had rooms 7 and 8
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

We are 2 couples from Italy and we spent just few days in this amazing place! The best Hotel in Malia! The stuff was very kind clean rooms, nice pool. Perfect for relaxing times! I recommend it for young couples but also for families

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2015

We stayed here for a week in September. It was just like being at home, but in Crete. I myself, love Greece and this was my 4th trip. Twice to Corfu, twice to Crete.
This hotel is beautiful and a perfect distance from the main strip. As young people. 22 and 23, we wanted to be close to nightlife and yet far away enough to relax as it was a week away with out our kids.
Although we didn't get a chance to interact with Marina and her mother much, they are lovely people and run a wonderful place to stay while in Malia. I can easily say I will stay here again without hesitation if we visit Malia again.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and we were offered a choice as I said I would upgrade if there was any available. Some rooms are with a big walk in bathroom/shower by the looks of it, however the room we stayed in had a basic little cubicle. Still better than anywhere else I've stayed while on Holiday.
The wifi was brilliant. And we made lot' of use of it, as we spent more time in the room than we had planned.
Rooms come with air con and a safe.Air con was amazing! We didn't use the safe as we prefer to carry out valuables with us, however I wiuld 100% have had no problem with leaving my things in this room.

The gate is colsed over at night, which is good for safety etc, howver guests are still able to enter and exit.
Our room was cleaned every day and had we wished, our towels would have been replaced every day. It was just a lovely stay and I couldn't fault it in any way!

Thank you so much for a pleasant stay Marina!! :D