We stayed at the SunVillage in June 2012 and it was really nice. Our transfer driver had a bit of trouble finding it at night as the estate is a bit tucked away from the hustle and bustle, which is great, but it's still very close to the beach (3-4min to the Dolphin beach which was our favorite) and the main strip with all the bars and clubs, which is also great.
The closest grocery stores, bars and restaurants are just outside the estate too. The main strip is probably 5min walking.
Location ideal, hosts very nice, kept very clean, tidy and pleasant with lots of greenery.
We stayed for a week and it was very nice and quiet until some party kids arrived on our last night and decided the hotel room was the place to party... That was not cool. But that's idiot guests.
One thing worth noting is that this is an apartment hotel, so it doesn't always follow the 3* hotel standards. For example, we got beach towels from the hotel but there was no hand soap or shower gel in the room. The towels, although otherwise clean, sometimes had rust stains on them. I also realized that some rooms have more superior bathrooms than the others.
It's a well kept ~3* place and I hope it stays nice for people who come there to relax and take their partying to the numerous Malia's clubs that are stone's throw away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This apartment complex is situated approximately 5 km from Hersonissos and 28 km East of the Heraklion International Airport in the center of Malia. The quiet and friendly atmosphere attracts families and couples alike. Here you will find an excellent location within a naturally beautiful environment. The warm Aegean Sea is literally steps away from your apartment door. Room facilities: Each apartment has satellite TV, direct dial telephone, refrigerator, safe deposit box and air conditioning. The two balconies provide the visitor scenic views of the beach, mountain, and/or complex swimming pool. Non-smoking rooms are available upon request. Children under the age of 2 years stay free. This establishment is also pet friendly. Complex: Additional amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, massage facilities, and a snack bar. A wide screen television at the bar allows customers to enjoy their favorite shows or sports. Billiards and BBQ facilities are also available. The complex garden provides views of butterflies and lemon trees. Free parking and WiFi is provided to all guests. Malia: After a delicious meal, you can take a walk to the old town of Malia taking in the beauty of this quaint village. Malia also offers a wide variety of activities such as go carts, tennis courts, mini-golf, and bowling all within walking distance from Sun Village. To experience Greek culture, Malia’s palace ruins provide a glimpse into our rich history. In the evenings, Malia nightlife includes nightclubs, tavernas, and bars within walking distance of Sun Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your SunVillage Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunvillage Malia Emmanouil Tsagaraki Hotel Malia
- SunVillage Boutique Hotel Malia, Crete