Lu Ellen Apartments was the perfect choice for our group of 20 year olds going to Malia to club.
- Literally about 3-5 minute walk to the clubbing strip/restaurants/bars/town centre.
- Clean place compared to the other hotels we saw when there
- Really nice, friendly, and genuine owner -- was very helpful with helping us rent out quads, AC, directions
- The AC is a 100% requirement. It cost 5 euros a night...worked like a charm.
- The pool/bar area is amazing. It had a huge 50" tv, a nice bar (slightly overpriced drinks, and a wicked swimming pool.
- The security guard, Nicholas. Such a cool guy...if you go there and he's still there, ask him how the Absinthe was; with love from London.
- The rates we got were very cheap! Definitely value for money.
- Good room sizes.
- Noise curphew at 11pm. You can still make reasonable noise, just can't go completely nuts with the volume. However, like I said, the security guard was cool...it wasn't much of an issue.
If I was going back to Malia (unlikely since there are many other places on the list still to go)...this is where I would stay no doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LuEllen is a lovely complex with 15 apartments located in the area of old Malia, only a 2 min walk from the main strip of bars and pubs. LuEllen apartments can comfortably sleep 3-5 persons each. All of them have a separate bedroom with either a double bed or twin beds, a spacious living room area with convertible sofa beds, an en-suite bathroom, a fully equipped kitchenette, TV and DVD player, as well as access to either a private balcony or the terrace. There is, also, a safe box available for your valuable belongings. If the weather gets too hot, you can use the air-conditioning in your room for a minor charge payable locally, or you can just head to the beach which is a 20 min. walk from the LuEllen apartments. For those who prefer to sunbath by the swimming pool however, there is one available at the Melissa apts next door which is open and free to use for LuEllen guests. When the night falls and you feel like partying, you will love the fact that it will take you only 2 minutes to walk to all the pubs and bars, thus avoiding any taxi rides. Still, if you just want to relax, the old Malia area where the LuEllen apartments are located, will offer you all the quietness you look for. In the area, you will also have the chance to stroll around and visit traditional taverns and kafeneio (cafes). For your shopping needs there is a mini-market attached to the LuEllen apartments, which stays open until late at night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lu Ellen Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lu Ellen Apartments Hotel Malia
- Lu Ellen Apartments Malia, Crete