“motorcycle trip”

Siblu Villages - Domaine de Litteau
Reviewed August 11, 2013

this is an up and coming site, a lot smaller than a lot of siblu sites but very nice,the caravans are clean the mattresses are not the most comfortable but they are caravans not hotel rooms. the staff in reception are very helpful and if you are thinking of going to any of the museums etc its worth asking the reception staff as they have money off coupons for some of the attractions. they have a small bar offering happy hour, with a marque to the rear where they provide evening entertainment,the shop is very limited but there is a supermarket 7 miles away, the swimming pool is small but ok. we used domaine de litteau as a base for our recent motorcycle trip to normandy, this is a very good location for touring the historic sites of the battle of normandy, most of the museums and cemeteries are within 20 miles or 30 minutes, and mont st micheal which is well worth a trip is approx. 60 miles

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Olivier C, Gérant at Siblu Villages - Domaine de Litteau, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Holiday Makers,
thank you for your comments !
Bikers are always welcome !
See you again next year,
Amicalement,

There are newer reviews for Siblu Villages - Domaine de Litteau

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We (my husband, 1 year old son and I) spent 10 nights at Domaine de Litteau last September (2012) and loved it. I am currently trawling though Trip Advisor to book a holiday for this October and am so sad not to be able to return here (the camp closes in late September). So much so that I thought I'd write the review of Domaine that I had been meaning to.

We travelled from Dublin (ferry from Rosslare) to Litteau in September (you do need a car for this site) when from what I can see the prices are half the price they are during peak Summer season, so we felt like we got a great holiday at a steal (about 500 euro for 10 nights). It was about 500 euro for an ovenight bearth on Irish Ferries also and we brought our own car so no car hire costs.

Just to note, we had amazing weather for the whole holiday - low to mid-20's ('amazing' for Irish people :)). Rain will bring down any holiday but I still don't think it would have taken from the site itself.

The site itself is just lovely, picturesque, quiet (Sep is not peak season but there was still life on the site) and really well laid out. There are a couple of playgrounds on the site which are perfect for young children. There is a small bar on the site but it was never very busy - just nice to have a couple of drinks in the early evening (and there is a lovely sandpit right beside the terrace which means your little ones will be entertained while you have your quick drink). The setting of the site is really nice also - right beside a large forest (which did freak me out a bit but that's a personal thing - my husband loved it) and you really feel like you're right in the heart of Normandy (we brought Band of Brothers on our tablet to re-watch while there:)).

The mobile home we stayed it was really nice and comfortable. Great shower (better than in our own home!), cooking faciltities etc.. It did get a bit cold overnight and the mornings were really chilly in the mobile home but we didn't find it to be a problem - bring warm pjs. Also, the beds in the second room (we had a 2 bedroom one) were very small and close together - so really only suitable for children (not a problem for us though as the main bed in the other room was really big and our 1 year old usually ended up in there with us).

The main attraction has to be the indoor pool though. Perfect! My son asked about it for weeks after we arrived home (and he was just 1!). It heats up from the sun on the glass roof during the day. It has gorgeous little water spouts in the form of a duck and a frog that give hours of entertainment :). And a big slide (only from about 5yrs up though).

The mobile homes don't seem to have TVs/satelite as standard (you seem to be able to rent a TV and DVDs but we never bothered). However, they do have wifi so we brought a tablet with us with movies and cartoons loaded on - just for some peace and quite some mornings while trying to pack the car for our day out. The shop on site is quite small but has all the essentials - its a bit pricy but what do you expect.

Honestly, I have nothing negative to say about Domaine de Litteau - which makes this post sound fake but its honestly genuine. For a family with young children who like a bit of peace and quite and beautiful scenery, culture and history (Bayeaux is about 20 mins drive and just gorgeous) then this is the holiday for you.

Places worth visitng:

- Bayeaux;
- The Normandy landing beaches are about 40 - 70 mins drive away depending on which one you go to. They are beautiful and the interpreative centres at some are fantastice (I think its Omaha that might be the best - double check though).

- Mont St. Michel: this is incredible. A bit of a drive and not really suitable for small kids (maybe tiny infants would be ok to carry but forget about using a buggy) - their little legs won't make it up all the stairs and hills. But there are some gorgeous restaurants on the lower level and you can definitely make it around the lower level battlements.

Room Tip: The seond bedroom in the 2 bed mobile home has small beds really only suitable for children.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LaethantaSaoires
Olivier C, Gérant at Siblu Villages - Domaine de Litteau, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Holiday makers,
Thank you for your post !
As I understand, you would like to visit us in october : if it is still the case, please call us (tel 00 33 2 31 22 22 08) or email : no.hsm@siblu.fr; I am sure we can find a solution...
Again, thanks for your really nice comments,
Hope to see you again this year,
Olivier CARTON, general manager

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here at the end of may for a week for half term. The site was good, my children loved the pool and the parks. My youngest also loved the kids clubs. SouSou and Niels were fab with the kids!

The entertainment in the evening is Ok the kids liked the pool table.

Our only gripe was the mattresses. They were the most uncomfortable we have ever slept on! Even my son who is 13 was complaining! They were like sleeping on mortuary slabs! You may has well slept on the ground. I woke up every morning with a bad back, as did my husband. We couldn't have a lie in . You had to get straight out of bed as they were so uncomfortable!
We did see reception about this ,they sent round a mattress topper which was like another duvet.This did not help.
It is such a shame about the mattresses as they did spoil our holiday.

1  Thank Jane W
Olivier C, Manager at Siblu Villages - Domaine de Litteau, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear holiday makers,
Thank you for your comments : it is of great help to improve the service on park.
Regarding the quality of mattresses, I am sorry to hear you could not get a good sleep !
Be sure, I have already dealt with that matter with my team!
Hopefully, you enjoyed the facilities and the kids club...
Thanks again for taking the time to contact us,
Kind regards,
A bientot,

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was our first stay in France (other than eurodisney) and we chose this location due to its reasonable distance from calais. we would usually use our own touring caravan for holidays but we wanted to check out the road links and driving in france before embarking on towing. This is our first Siblu experience and along with my parents we stayed in an 8 birth elegence caravan. I can honestly stay we did not want to leave and cannot wait to come back another year. we arrived on 25th May and as we were late arriving our keys, map and welcome pack we waiting for us. from Day 1 I could not fault any staff member in fact ALL staff we so friendly, helpful and welcoming, from reception, to bar staff, park maintenance and kids club, it made our holiday so enjoyable and one of the reasons we didnt want to leave. I cannot speak Highly enough of Sousou, max and niels who ran the Club Pirates that week. My 4 and 8 year old just adored them all and would have happily stayed on site everyday for the kids clubs! so much more personal and intimate than any 'uk holiday park'. the on site facilities for children are brilliant, my daughter loved the bouncy castle and sand pit! food and bar snacks were lovely and reasonable priced. The location was ideal for visiting normandy attractions. My only small critisism, was the pool temperature was very cold at the beginning of our stay, which put us off using the pool again! and the fact there is no touring site as we would love to come back another year with our own van!!!!! Thank you to all your fab staff!

3  Thank hannah y
Olivier C, Gérant at Siblu Villages - Domaine de Litteau, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Holiday makers,
thank you for your comments!
I shall pass them over to my team.
Hope to see you again next year,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We arrived late due to hold ups, I tried to call the site and left a message but no phone were answered. On arrival at gone 2100hrs I found I need not have worried as information was left outside of reception for me with contact details should I need it. A pack was waiting for me with keys, information and a map to lead me to the doorstep of the caravan.
We hired the smallest of caravans and found it modern and well kitted out with kitchen utensils, stove top, microwave & crockery. It was clean and practically new.
The main bedroom is tiny (but really, it's a small caravan what would one expect?) but the bed was very comfortable :o)
There was a small problem with the pillows, but when I went down to reception the next morning and reported this it was a problem solved before I had even had time to walk back to the caravan!
Reception was very efficient and helpful, as was the bar and staff. The cleaning ladies (led by the very helpful Carol) were also great! Most people speak English way better than I speak French :o)
We did not take advantage of the facilities on offer, using the site as a base for exploring the area, however the whole site was clean and very well looked after.

Snacks, coffee, tea etc are all available in the bar and are of high quality. I didn't head south so the nearest place to eat would be a brasserie maybe 5kms north with a petrol station attached.

Out and about... Be sure about distance from Bayeux before booking, it's over 20km if you are planning on going in that direction everyday. That said, it's a pleasant and undemanding drive.

We visited a few places in the local area. The forest centre is excellent and very helpful staff will finds walk to suit you and so much wildlife to see in the walk too. (Same roundabout as the petrol station). Be warned, I got lost once. Take a map from the centre.
The potteries with locally made wares are worth a visit also, maybe a little pricey but it is a tourist area.

The cheapest fuel I found in the area was from LeClerc supermarket in Bayeux.

This is the first time we have stayed in a caravan and enjoyed our stay. Highly recommend this park to anyone. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TimmyN_11

Dear Holiday makers,
thank you for your comments!
I shall pass them over to my team.
Hope to see you again next year,

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was our second year at Domaine de Litteau the staff were as always with Siblu very polite and very helpful .The park has improved the children`s play areas with a BMX track bouncey castle archery and a small zip wire also a few animals in the petting zoo also we felt that the park was very safe that we let our 10 year old go to the multi sports pick on his own where he made lots of friends .Also the park is brilliantly positioned for the D Day museums which should be a must and also the Bayeux Tapestry

Room Tip: Go For the excellence with decking
1  Thank lordtrigger
Olivier C, Gérant at Siblu Villages - Domaine de Litteau, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear holiday makers,
Thank you for your post. We will keep on developping the fun zone next year...
Hope to see you again

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Good afternoon today is Thursday and the kids are excited as we are leaving for litteau tommorow

Up to now siblu have been excellent in their communication and showing support to ensure we have a nice break at domain de litteau we have changed the tickets twice and they have been so helpful Thank you Siblu.

Lets hope the rest of the holiday and our stay is as good as Siblu's customer care and hopefully will live up to our expectations .

We as a family have been to a few parks in France however never with siblu an I am a little apprehensive after reading one or two reviews about domain de litteau .

Well proof is in the pudding so they say I will update this on my return and let you all know.

Andrew

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris T

Dear Andrew,
Hope you had a good time at Domaine de Litteau.
Hope we met your expectations.
You can always contact us (olivier.carton@siblu.fr).
Cordialement,
Olivier CARTON

Also consider these accommodations in or near Litteau
Domaine de la Ranconniere et de Mathan
Au-Bonheur-Nomade
Au-Bonheur-Nomade
#1 of 2 in Livry
Camping La Roseraie d'Omaha

Been to Siblu Villages - Domaine de Litteau? Share your experiences!