“Original daily menu, good service”
Review of Le 5 - CLOSED

Le 5
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
France
“Original daily menu, good service”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We've tried many restaurants in Figeac, and none offer as good and original menus as Le Cinq. The food is of good quality (especially the beef from the Larzac region) and the service friendly.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank GisellaFrance

france
“Good meal and service”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Although English we have lived near Figeac for four years and not tried Le Cinq because previous reviews were not good. However, last night it looked inviting because of the warm evening and tempting external tables so we decided to try it. We were not disappointed. The food and service were very good indeed. The new young proprietor is very keen to correct the previous reputation and in our opinion he will succeed. The food has a different edge to it and not the usual foie gras and duck offerings so common in these parts, but they were cooked with a different style to them. Although we didn't have any duck products my husbands mushroom soup (sounds dull but was absolutely delicious) and my scrambled egg with roquefort starter were excellent. My main course of scallops with a mushroom and seafood flavoured risotto was superb, however, the tandoori powder sprinkled on the scallops was really not necessary. My husbands beef rossini was superb with good quality beef (not often found in French restaurants) and good onion gravy and mash. He opted for a dessert of lemon mousse and meringue which I naturally had to try. Also very good. Inside the restaurant it is decorated with style and would be inviting on a cool evening as well but when it's warm what more can be said for eating out under the eaves of Place Champollion. We wish "Le 5" every success for the future and we will certainly return.

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank flyingicarus
Sydney, Australia
“Something a bit different”
Reviewed October 7, 2010

This is a modern restaurant offering a modern slant on French cuisine. I'm not sure if they have it quite right but it does offer something different in Figeac where reading the menu at one restaurant is much the same as reading it any other. My starter of raw prawns, raw scallops, vanilla icecream, under-ripe nectarine, grapes and salad was tasty despite being the strangest combination of foods I've ever eaten. The lamb shank with eggplant was divine - lamb very tender and a massive serving. Dessert I tried was described as "hot chocolate cake" by the friendly waiter. "Hot" meaning chilli hot. I'm not sure if a dessert that leaves your lips tingling is the best way to finish a meal. The two waiters were very friendly, extremely efficient and the place was popular.

1 Thank ZenTourist