“Beautiful villa with wonderful hosts!”
Review of Villa Juliette

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pezenas
Villa Juliette
Ranked #11 of 18 Pezenas B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Villa Juliette is a charming villa with a superb location in Pezanas, close enough to the pretty streets and excellent restaurants yet the villa's lovely garden and pool offer a relaxed afternoon if you fancy some downtime! Ruth and Gilles are wonderful hosts and really made our stay special, we were travelling with our 12 month old son and couldn't have felt more welcome or at ease. The rooms are beautifully decorated, good quality, white, crisp bed linen...whcih is always a good indicator of standards. Breakfast was served in the garden and something I looked forward to every day; fresh pressed juice and homemade jams! This place is a real gem, so glad we found it and really look forward to our next visit. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Villa Juliette

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in many beautiful properties in France but this is my favourite. The house is beautifully decorated and Ruth and Gilles are very warm and welcoming. The house has a lovely secluded garden and pool. Pezenas is a pretty town with lots of lovely restaurants and shops. The countryside around Pezenas is stunning and it is only a short trip to the coast. If you are planning a trip to Pezanas this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura456
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I stayed at Villa Juliette for a week at the end of May and it was really lovely. We were hoping for a relaxing holiday and we got just that, the room was great; nicely decorated and very clean. The villa on a whole is stunning and it's garden is such a gorgeous little haven with a beautiful pool; we spent almost every afternoon reading in the sunshine and taking dips to cool off. Breakfast was great with fresh croissants every morning, what more could you ask for? Marie and Serge are very friendly and welcoming and helped us with oir questions as much as they could. We would definitely recommend Villa Juliette.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank F00die16
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My sister and I chose to stay at Villa Julliet for a week, on our tour of the south of France. At the last minute we asked to upgrade our twin bed room to the suite and, fortunately, it was available for 5 out of the 7 days of our stay. I think that accommodation was our 'saving grace' as it offered us a spacious suite with separate bedrooms with queen beds, chairs and a small table in one room, where we enjoyed a lunch or two. Both rooms had large windows that, in one of the bedrooms overlooked a lovely park and in the other, the courtyard of the villa where we enjoyed watching people - particularly children and parents walking to and from school. The common bathroom was down the hall and had a double vanity, soaker tup and a separate w/c. The suite felt like a quintessential french villa, and if it is your travelling budget, I would recommend it. The other plus for the suite was that it is on the 2nd floor (all the other rooms are on the 3rd) so we didn't have to manage as many stairs. Overall we thought the value was excellent.

Marie was very helpful and informative about the area, giving us suggestions about where to eat and furnishing us with a map of the area for us to use. When we expressed an interest in touring a winery or two she hooked us up with an excellent guide, Alain, who owns a car, speaks English and is very knowledgeable about the area. Alain is also an artist and part of the Pezanes arts community, so before and after his tours he introduced us to other artists and shopkeepers in the community. It was a really lovely experience and we were so glad we decided not to rent a car, and to rely, instead on a guide for a couple of afternoons to get us 'out into the country' and, for the rest of the time, explored the old town on foot.

Eating in Pezenas was a bit tricky. We did buy fresh local food, and ate lunches in our rooms and in the courtyard. I would advise, though, if you are going to do this, to pack your own picnic set of plates and cullery and maybe a bread and cheese knife.

As far as going out to eat in the local area, we didn't find the quintessential 'French' experience here, but perhaps we didn't look in the right places. Finding restaurants was not that easy (where is Rue 23 restaurant? I found it once in the maze and then couldn't find it again and the streets kept changing numbers), and finding them open on Sunday and Monday nearly impossible. However, we did find one delightful restaurant that served Spanish tapas and fresh foods deliciously prepared - such as 'Lapin', 'L'Agneau' and a wonderful seafood plate for two, served by an enthusiastic young cook and an owner who conversed in Spanish as easily as he did in French. I'd love to give you the name, but I can't remember it, so I will just say that it was on 'Conti' street, just after the Viet nam restaurant and before the 'Conti' restaurant - across the street from the horse butchery (yheck!). If you go to Villa Julliet, just ask Marie for the name of the restaurant that the two Canadian sisters always went to and raved about. I gave her some brochures and cards. I highly recommend it!!!! The owner will bring you out a sweet apple liqueur at the end if he likes you and they ARE open on Sundays and Mondays!

Our stay at Villa Juliet was full of delightful conversations with other guests in the courtyard, either at breakfast or over a shared bottle of wine in the evening. Excellent wine at the Villa Juliette - We especially enjoyed the white. Overall, I would highly recommend a stay in Pezanes. If I can, I will come back!

Room Tip: Choose the suite if you can!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My wife and I have just returned from a most pleasant and relaxing, week long, stay at the Villa Juliette, situated just five minutes walk from the historic old centre of Pezenas, a delightful small town with a vibrant Satuday market.

The proprietors, Marie and Serge, made us feel welcome at all times. They know Pezenas, and the surrounding district, very well and were particularly helpful in recommending places to eat (try not to miss "La Terrasse du Mimosa" at nearby Montpeyroux for good food at a reasonable price eaten in the wonderfully calm atmosphere of the tiny village square).

Rooms at the Villa Juliette are neat, clean and comfortable. The garden is of a good size with pool and garden furniture and is a pleasant place to while away a couple of hours with a good book.

Breakfasts are good with croissants and bread brought in fresh, daily. A selection of cold drinks is available for purchase on an honesty basis from a 'fridge on the ground floor. While very convenient, prices are more in line with a mini-bar than those to be found at the nearby Carrefour.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would be happy to return.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Having read the previous reviews I wondered had I stayed in the same place? We were unbelievably dissapointed with our stay here. The house is lovely and has fantastic amenities, swimming pool and lovely garden ( the dog/cat leavings on the grass were not pleasant or was the cat-pee smell and I am a cat and dog owner/lover)!! The accommodation is totally pleasant, however, there are no extras such as small toiletries or even a glass to have a drink of water in the room and anyone travelling with a budget airline will understand this requirement. The breakfasts are mean and the portions extremely small and ungenerous. The coffee was served in a thermos and was stewed and not refreshed when needed. The orange juice cheap, fruit salad in plastic containers (reminiscent of the 70's), the bread (often stale) was cut in small pieces). I can say the only good thing for breakfast were the croissants (one per person). The jam was cheap and nasty. The tea..... don't even go there - a heavy kettle supplied the luke-warm water for cheap nasty "Lipton's" tea bags. At all times we felt we were being watched "suspiciously". We felt unwelcome and intruding. The cost is the same as that charged by a superior 4 star hotel and to be honest you would be a lot better off in a 3 star hotel. They have a vinyard and we sampled a red which was very good and not expensive. To my mind this could be a fantastic place to stay with hosts who appreciate the little extras that make the difference.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank madbadfoodhog
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We spent a few days in Pezenas and stayed at the Villa Juliette. Warm hostesses, very pleasant and informed. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple