“Good food in quirky surroundings”
Review of Les Palmiers

Les Palmiers
Ranked #19 of 104 Restaurants in Pezenas
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Returned again to Les Pamiers this year and were not disappointed. Good food across the range of the menu (although perhaps less choice on starters than usual?) presented well and served flawlessly. One for the list when in Pezenas.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

There are lots of restaurants to choose from in the pretty town of Pezenas. Some are touristy and some are excellent but have no local feel about them - more like eating in Sloane Square. However Les Palmiers is fun and the decor and restaurant wonderfully quirky too. The food is modern classic - and excellent and the service and atmosphere just wonderful. Good wine list - not over priced but the red Pichet wine is great value and very drinkable
Not cheap but worth it for style, place, ambience and excellent food

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Les Palmiers has a very modern, youthful feel to it. It is an open loft-like space on two levels and tables are of metal. The staff is young and casual, but we found the service to be excellent. The starters were both first rate. I found my main course of magret de canard to be a bit heavy, but it was well presented and garnished with heirloom carrots. The restaurant is definitely popular, so make a reservation.

1  Thank retired698
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I discovered this restaurant when I visited the adjoining 'Tapas Bar', which is entered from another street on the other side of the building. The tapas were excellent - real Spanish style - each dish with it's own distinct character. I had actually seen the menu of the restaurant the night before while scouting the village, but it had not caught my interest - looked more or less like most of the menus displayed at other restaurants in this part of Pézenas. Looks can be deceiving, however. While we were eating our excellent tapas, employees were running here and there preparing for the 8pm opening of the restaurant. The combination of the great taste of the tapas, the look of the fresh ingredients of the evenings offerings flying by on platters carried by concentrated restaurant workers and the general atmosphere of intent to provide a quality experience led us to believe we were in a place in which food was taken very seriously. We decided to try out the restaurant the next night, and we weren't disappointed.

I had fish filet on a mashed potato/vegetable bed with a safran/chorizo sauce - which may sound strange - but was delicious. The fish was cooked to perfection - only fish I had during this 2 week vacation in the region that wasn't over cooked. The chorizo was an excellent compliment, the saffron sauce tasty without being overbearing, the vegetables gave the dish a rustic quality without diminishing the sophisticated ensemble effect of the dish as a whole. As an entree I had had a delicious Gaspacho garnished with - believe it or not - strawberries, which will be an ingredient in any Gaspacho I make in the future. The Rum-Baba I had for desert was chill-bump good.

The service was efficient and friendly. The price was right.

We'll be going back.

1  Thank r0c0c0
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We found this restaurant around 5 years ago and always return - bringing guests never failing to impress. It is a laid back, open air restaurant with a very groovy feel combining delicious french food. Young waiters all speak english. They don't have a menu for children but are always happy to make something to suit! This has the same owner who is always on site making sure all runs smoothly. And I see they have opened an extended area - a wine bar someone said?