“Could be so much better”
Review of La Pomme d'Amour

La Pomme d'Amour
Ranked #32 of 100 Restaurants in Pezenas
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Could be so much better”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Waiting staff rushing about and so ineffective... too long before the order was taken, and then too long before the food arrived. When it did come, the food was quite average, though the house wine surprisingly above average. Would choose a different restaurant should we return.

• Visited July 2012

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant and fab service.”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

First Impressions.

This cosy little restaurant located in Rue Ap Allies, Pezananz and it is a little gem. We found this place by accident, however, it was a great find. The staff were outstanding, the food fantastic and it is located in a square quaint little square along with many other restaurants.

The Food & Service.

When we arrived the restaurant was very busy but we were seated and drinks brought to the table with the minimum of fuss. It was fantastic to sit and drink the local wine in a relaxing atmosphere whilst we browsed the menu on a glorious summer’s day. My wife and I went for the same dish on each course which is very unusual but we were delighted that we did. For starters we had Scallops St Jacques, they were delicious, well cooked and an ample portion. This was followed by Moules Roquefort served in a large bowl smothered in Roquefort cheese, it was simply delicious. For desert I had to have Îles flottantes (Floating Island) this is a special dish in France and I was not disappointed by the quality of the dish and I have tried many different recipes.

Overall

This was an outstanding restaurant that ticked almost all the boxes for me. Great service and fantastic food in a comfortable atmosphere, I did not want to leave the restaurant.

Service- 10/10
The Food- 10/10
Value for Money - 9/10
My Verdict- 9/10

Would I recommend ? – Yes Would I return ? - Yes

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank thehungrybutcher
Pezenas, France
“Yes - absolutely average”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Poor service - almost rude - food is OKish but nothing special

Corralejo, Spain
“Gorgeous moules à la crème”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

We've been several times for lunch over several years and always had a good time

Bristol, United Kingdom
“One of the best settings in the heart of the old town”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

If you can eat outside - great place to survey Place Gambetta - the old square in front of the one time parliament building. A premium for the space - but a good event. A bit crushed in if you are not careful or firm

• Visited August 2011