“Cheap but horrible”
Review of Kotzias Apartments

Kotzias Apartments
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Stopped here for two weeks in July 2009 the price was the best thing about it. The rooms we found to be very dirty and furniture very dirty and old . Pissouri itself is beautiful and i would reccomended anyone going to stay in the Hylatio instead if you want a cheap holiday.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Abby12345

Reviewed April 12, 2010

Nice place near the sea! Good appartments. Nice people.
Tommy Denmark

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2010

In late October these were still quite busy apartments with 75% of the poolside space occupied by a mix of families and couples.
The pool is clean and very pleasant for quiet relaxation. The complex itself is peaceful with the evenings only disturbed by the chatter of friends/family having a drink on apartment balconies.
We were in one of the older apartments, which I have to say is looking very tired. Originally fitted out to a pretty low standard and now struggling after several years of wear and tear on the furniture and fittings. Everything we needed was there, it just could have been nicer.
Apartment was cleaned every other day and for some reason there was an air freshener on the wall which squirted a pungent 'fragrance' in to the room every hour or so. Quite overpowering, so best removed and left outside.
Parking is right next to the apartments and was sufficient for our visit.
Pissouri Bay has just a couple of small supermarkets and several restaurants, all close to the apartments, so there's no need to go elsewhere if want a lazy time. Most restaurants serve the same Cypriot menu with the odd pasta dish or pizza if you're lucky. I don't think many of them are worth visiting twice, though one on the front is pleasant (Kastro's) and Limanaki combines a much more interesting menu with excellent service.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MrSpigot
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I stayed here with my sister in July 2009 the place is basic and you get what you pay for..but don't pay full price!!!!! We paid £250 each for 2 weeks a BARGIN apart from what you get from the owner.... attitude!

The owner thinks that screaming at a lone female (me) infront of all his guests at the pool, until she cries is acceptable....and then later he follwed me into my apratment and starts shouting again whilst I was wearing just a towel is totally acceptable...and all because i reported that my air conditioning wasn't working! Worst of all Oylmpic holidays think this is acceptable too!!!! I asked him to leave a number of times but he refused to leave my apartment until i was in tears, i felt totally vunerable being semi naked and very frightened by his VERY aggressive behaviour. for teh rest of the holiday I would run back into my apratment and lock the door if I saw him and i was on my own!

the beds are hard, they don't fumugate often enough, we had coackroaches, acceptable in a warm climate in small amounts but everyone was getting them or worse still fleas on the sofa beds.

he invites all his family and frineds round to teh pool who just take over it so you can't get in or out and then on our final day, one of his guests defecated in the pool and he refused to clean it.....

For a hotel owner he has very few hospitatlity skills and completley ruined my so called restful break......

the fact that Olymoic feel this is acceptable shows that they too have little regard for peoples saftey or comfort on a holiday they have sold and are only after your money.....

If you can go to Hayltio Village, just down the road and teh owner is so welcoming it gives you a totally different view on Cyprus and a tottaly diffrent experience. Or save up and go to Columbia Beach resort!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank Digs00
Reviewed July 29, 2009

The small scale Kotzias Appartments complex is run by the owner himself - and it shows! Our appartment was one of the older ones. It was basic, clean and perfectly adequate for our purpose. Pissouri bay has a very nice beach with a blue flag, only c. 150 meters away from the appartments. The pace is relaxing, but the Greek cleaning ladies are not! There is a pool at the complex and a bar. Shops and restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Polderpolder
Reviewed November 3, 2008

The Kotzias Appartments are basic and good value. We had a studio for two, plenty of space and clean. Appartment has cooker, kettle, toaster and fridge, bathroom with shower. The beds were a bit hard but got used to them by the end of the week.
Safe deposit costs 15 euros for the week, air conditioning is at an extra cost.

The rooms are cleaned 5 days out of seven and towels changed twice.

The Kotziasis in excellent position very close to the sand and shingle beach and the tavernas and supermarkets are all close by.

Pissouri is a very small and quiet resort, there is no local transport apart from Taxi's and you will need to hire a car if you want to explore Cyprus.

It is worth going to the village up on the hill, it costs 10 euros by taxi and we enjoyed the Hideaway Taverna.

We will definitelygo back to the Kotzias.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed April 2, 2008

The fact that we were there out of season was a real bonus as we had the pool to ourselves and I think it may feel a little overcrowded in the summer months (ie not masses of spare room for cars etc). We were amazed how large the appartments and studios were- in our appartment we had lots of storage space, a large lounge area, a well-equipped kitchen and good balcony. I think ours was one of the ones that hadn't been done up for a while but you wouldn't really have known it. We are used to summer package tours on Greek islands and this accommodation is a lot better for the money. The pool is beautuful and in a lovely setting but I wouldn't like it in the summer as it is quite small.
The owner and other staff were all friendly and helpful- no complaints at all.
The bay is small with not a lot to offer but a couple of shops and restaurants. We loved it but found it quite expensive (the euro has only been there for 3 months). The people were friendly and welcoming.
We were there for a wedding so we had friends all over the place to socialse with. Under normal circumstances, though, I would recommend a hire car to get to other places such as the village.
All in all I would recommend this for a relaxing get away to the sun but think about the timing of your visit- although I can only guess what it is like in summer!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple