“Relax in the sun on a Budget”

Hylatio Tourist Village
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Pissouri
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just returned 16th Sept from the Hylatio. We wanted a week on a Budget with Sunshine, finding the Hylatio was just that and even allowed us to Hire a car for a few days. If you are after hustle and bustle then this is not for you. All the staff are welcoming and hard working and friendly with nothing too much trouble, The rooms were typical greek style studios, basic but clean and comfortable Only one day in seven when the room wasn`t attended. It is not a typical big hotel All inclusive but then your not paying those prices so the likes of Air Con are locally charged. Food is good although not a big selection there was plenty of it and with local dishes included it was also authentic.

Vlad the owner is not every ones cup of tea, could seem aloof to those who feel awkward somewhere new but there are plenty of repeat visitors here and he was willing to be entertaining with some good card tricks and challenges.

Would we go back, yes we would

1  Thank MUFCTonto

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just returned back from the Hylatio Holiday Village last week. What you see is what you get. It is really basic but depending on what you want out of a holiday, it is everything you could need. me and my partner went for the all inc option, just because we like the ease of it, however, we still went out a couple of times during our week long stay, just for a change of scenery. The pool is great and the food is quite good although compared to other all inc hotels/holidays it is quite basic. More effort I think could be put into the breakfasts but overall it is ok. It cost about 10euros to get to the main village .. still very small and quiet but worth a visit for a nice meal out the walk to Pissouri Bay is worth it .. here you can find a nice quite but shingly beach and if you get the chance try and get booked in at Limanakis restaurant .. really good food at decent prices.

Overall a nice holiday, met some nice friends but a bit on the quiet side .. just really depends on what you want out of a holiday.

2  Thank habibi1970
Reviewed September 16, 2012

All inclusive but pay for water, air con, room, safe key, everything after midday on last day even when leaving at 7.30pm!... lunch available after 12.30. out of room by 11am. All alcholiic drinks are in but will only serve pints to non all incl.
Miserable owner sits at the bar and only interested in those spending cash.Ladies of a certain age think he's great.
Don't get a apartment near the one and only bar which is around the pool they are too close to the drunks who get louder and don't expect to get to slleep till they have all gone to bed.
Rubbish entertainment.

Feral cats will pester for food if eating outside.... They wiil be on the table to clean up after you.

Rude on leaving.... no goodbye, thank you, have a nice trip..... thats because we kept away all day due to crammed pool area.Pool towels not available. some folks put own towels on same beds every day at 6.30am !!! GET A LIFE.
No plugs in sink, wash basin or bath. Poor shower, filthy toaster and wonky mixer tap in kitchen area.
Breakfast is ... cold ham, cheese, salad and one fresh fruit.Or hot is cool beans, cool bacon and cooler fried eggs. sausages are cold aswell.... cups and fruit bowls are always in short supply.
We only had one meal at night it was ok but thats all.
Pissouri is nice and we had a car to get away from the hotel and the pool click who met again at night round the bar..... You are either in or out and we were glad to be out of the little gangs.I
If you like all these things go,, enjoy... you'll love it.
We used the car to find secluded beaches, water sports, fantastic views all within 10 minutes drive.... WE ALSO USED THE CAR TO FIND BETTER PLACES TO STAY NEXT TIME !!!!

4  Thank tvsfhk
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just got back from a two week stay at the Hylatio. We have stayed here before on a number of occasions, but not been from about three years. The pool area is lovely, but with the volume of guests, the loungers too close together and towels beining but out at the crack of sparrows. Made it a little unplesent. We stayed self catering because we like the freedom to get out and about, so because of this we found the staff not so friendly towards use as the AI guests. The room was bad, ants all over the kitchen work tops. I wouldnt use the chopping board if i had needed to it was dreadfull,
And the towels only changed three times during our stay.so unhygienic!
Pissouri is beautiful, not a lot to do, but if you just want a nice meal and afew drinks it's ideal. Hire a car and explore. But stay somewhere else other than Hyatio.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank ZippyB29
Reviewed September 11, 2012

just returned from a weeks stay self catering at hylatio, what a lovely holiday a little piece of paradise. wonderful peaceful place to chill out very friendly staff especially florrie, lovely clean apartment, pool just lovely fantastic well looked after gardens.pissouri bay beautiful. plenty of good places to eat pizza restaurant and indian good also captains on the beach front. pissouri village enchanting especially at night chinese restaurant best ive ever come across and lots of lovely bars and restaurants.Ideal if you want relaxing holiday maybe too quiet if you want lots of nightlife.would definately go again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Just arrived back today from a 7 day stay at Hylatio, Pissouri. My views pretty much encompass the positive and negative aspects of previous reviews:

First Impressions:
Upon arrival the resort seemed fairly presentable, with the reception area in a good and modern clean state. We were greeted by Florrie, whom I found to be very professional throughout the whole stay. There were a few people in our group who seemed very disappointed with the isolation of the place, these people I'm guessing being allocated on arrival with the expectation of staying in Paphos.

Room:
Basic but good enough. The kitchen/living area was fairly clean and well presented. There were however numerous stains from spillages over time. We also found out later in the stay that the oven didn't work. The fridge also looked like it had seen better days. The bedroom wasn't bad. The beds themselves were fairly hard, but I was usually too drunk to notice! ;) There were also some rear doors which would have been great had it not been for all the maids cleaning materials being stored just outside. The bathroom let the whole thing down. It was looking very very tired, with a few leaks, a missing light, fixtures becoming detached, and a very poor shower.

Gardens/Pool:
The gardens were beautifully maintained and a pleasure to walk around. The pool and the surrounding areas were also very nice and clean. We did struggle to get sun loungers, not due to lack of supply, but the British obsession with getting up at ridiculous o'clock to reserve them...no Germans to blame here folks!! Be warned, there is a LOT of wildlife knocking around, especially at the back of the complex. Lizards are all over the place, and I also saw a couple of snakes and a few rats.

Food/Bar:
The food was average overall. Some dishes I really enjoyed and some I really didn't. There were some fantastic restaurants in Pissouri Bay to sample though. What made this holiday for me was most definitely the Hylatio bar. All inclusive well worth it just for the drinks. Because of the small size of this resort, you get to know people very quickly and a good vibe develops among everyone. The staff were also excellent. Very friendly, professional, and efficient. There was also a smaller bar at the opposite end of the pool, but it seemed to have found a new life as a garden shed!

Pissouri:
A very quiet place, a nice break from the usual Mediterranean resorts thronging with British tourists. The beachside has a few good restaurants and bars, although it probably won't keep you busy for more than a couple of nights if you're looking to try something new. I found the beach okay personally, but no good for those who don't like pebbles. I can't really comment on Pissouri village as I only went during the morning due to the last bus back being at 12 noon. Beyond that service, there is no public transport to speak of. Hiring a car is an absolute must.

Overall, good holiday, just got a little bored towards the end. Would have enjoyed it four times as much if I'd hired a car.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank tlynchehaun
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We came back from a week here last Monday (myself, my son aged 10 and my Gran aged 77), and we were sad to leave. It is a very peaceful place, very relaxed with a great pool which was clean and cool. Everybody was really nice and friendly, guests and staff alike. You can be as busy or as lazy as you want at Hylatio, we hired a car and drove to Pathos for speedboat hire and also arranged a trip to the waterpark through the lovely man who runs the shop, I think he was called Steve, but him and his wife are the loveliest people you can meet and go out of their way to help you plan trips and tell you where is nice to eat etc, so big thanks to them :) We were self catering, but the food we ate at Hylatio occasionally was nice, freshly cooked and if I didn't like eating out so much I would have happily gone all inclusive. My son loved the pool and was hardly ever out of it, he made some lovely friends and said it was 'the best holiday he's ever had'. My Gran also loved it, and it was nice and peaceful around the complex for her, although she did love the speedboat trip too!! I paid extra for air conditioning but I didn't mind that. Our room was clean and when the shower broke it was fixed prompltly, by the owner Vlad and the gardener/handyman- and I have to agree with previous comments on here, he is a very handsome chap, so lock up your daughters! The staff were all very nice and friendly and very hard working. Our room was cleaned most days to a high standard and with the heat we commented on how hard the cleaning staff must work to get all of the rooms done. Anyway I could say lots more but the overall opinion is this was a fab holiday and we would not hesitate to stay at Hylatio again, and no doubt we will return (soon I hope!)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Talkofthetoon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pissouri
Columbia Beach Resort Pissouri
19 mi away
The King Jason Paphos
18 mi away
Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel

Been to Hylatio Tourist Village? Share your experiences!