Not much to add to all the positive things everybody else has said - it's all true. Very quiet and relaxing, helped by the fantastic weather, just what we were looking for. We had an executive pool view suite and it was very large. Separate shower as well, which is always a bonus. We were on the end and managed to get the sunbeds directly outside our room so very easy to go in and make ourselves a cup of coffee.
Staff excellent, especially Iva in the restaurant who was always very friendly and responsive. We were on half board and had a set menu at night. The desserts are superb and as it was a dessert buffet one was never enough! Always a wide choice and different each night. We ate twice in Bacchus just for a change. There was a live singer in Bacchus, he was very good and it added to a pleasant atmosphere. Some of the food is very fine dining but we like that sort of thing. We chose to go here on our last night but my wife was a little disappointed. She ordered veal for her main course and it was three very big chunks of meat that was tough and tasteless. She did not eat it all and the waitress did ask if she would like something else and would let the chef know. My wife did not want anything else and there was no further feedback, not even an offer to take something off the bill.
Other than this the hotel is almost perfect with three minor points. Firstly, we were pestered by flies by the pool and on a couple of occasions they became so annoying we went inside for a while. Secondly, the toilet was not the most efficient at flushing, I am not sure if this was just a problem with ours or a general issue (one other guest we spoke to had a similar problem). And, finally, the hotel appears to have only one CD of about 20 songs from the 70's and 80's! It was played at breakfast, in the bars, at dinner in Apollo and we heard it by the pool a few times. You can only hear Careless Whisper and Nothing Compares to You so many times before being driven mad!
We would love to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5* Award winning Spa Resort on the south west coast of Cyprus, on the Bay of Pissouri. The architecture is derived from Cypriot roots of culture and tradition. The craftsmen used are all local and brought with them skills handed over through their generations. The Hotels merge harmoniously with the environment, like a chameleon, due to the local stone and wood used. The roofs are typical of the region. These "Reflections" are strongly felt in the interior warmth of the rooms and suites. Hebe Spa lies at the heart of the Resort with the 80m lagoon pool flowing right into it; Elemis is the main Spa range offered along with 5 treatment rooms, sauna, plunge pool, Jacuzzi, squash & tennis courts along with an aerobics hall and full activity program.Restaurants offer creative Mediterranean cuisines and Italian Gourmet, with fresh fish from the adjacent west waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Bookcyprus.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Columbia Beach Resort Pissouri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbia Beach Resort Pissouri Hotel Pissouri
- Columbia Beach Pissouri
- Columbia Beach Resort Pissouri Cyprus