“Bad, very bad indeed”

Aparthotel Medite
Aparthotel Medite
Ranked #19 of 30 Sandanski B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Just came back from Medite. Can summarise our experience with just one word - bad. Food is awful, breakfast is a joke. Spa facilities - very poor. Only 1 small indoor swimming pool and smallest sauna I've seen in my life were operational. Lady on reception gave us attitude, same as personnel in the restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex P

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were in Medite hotel in July 2013. We booked 10 days package. Overall terrible experience:
1. Room - dark, noisy, tired, cheap furnish, dirty.
2. Swimming pools - small, cold water, crowded.
There was construction work next to the swimming pools with constant noise and dust.
We left after the 1st night. Really spoiled vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna M
Reviewed August 25, 2013

ApartHotel Medite: Really dirty!!! Noisy!!! Poor breakfast! Bad service quality!!! Dirty swimming pools! The swimming is not only for guests of the hotel. I cannot recommend Medite. Not a really nice place to relax. I guess there are better places in Sandanski to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Stacey B
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed in the Aparthotel in May 2013 and we had the chance to be in a real apartment with living room and separate bedroom. Everything there was nearly perfect, very large at least and confortable. Having in mind that the aparthotel is a part of the SPA hotel Medite, we would like to add some remarks. First of all, it is the location which is amazing - at the place of the former botanic garden of the city of Sandanski which means that you can enjoy all kinds of trees and vegetables. Second, the hotel area is very large, it is in fact a whole parc with tennis courts, swimming pools and SPA centers. Third. there is a lot of amenities next door - shops, barber's shop and so on. Fourth. We stayed there on a rehabilitation program and we appreciated a lot the physiotherapy center which by the way was in reconstruction. The only bad thing was the food. Even the staff was very kind, the chef seems to lack of qualification and abilities because the food was almost the same every the day. On the other hand, we have to say that the prices in the restaurant are affordable. As overall we would recommend this hotel for people loooking for relax, confort and SPA.

Room Tip: if you stay in the aparthotel, ask for a real apartment, not for a simple room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vidoass
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Wouldn't say that it is 4* hotel - the Apart Hotel it is even that they are still building it. Based on the reviews I wouldn't go there but it was already booked by my friends for the NY and thats how I went there, so here is my oppinion:
Good things
- new building so supposed to be good hotel;
- Very good view as it is on a hill;
- indoor and outdoor pool;
- 2 tennis courts;
- kids play area;
- sauna and another room;
- Our breakfast was good enough;
- most of the staff was polite as well;
Bad things:
- but it's been done cheaply with lots of faults - in our room and our friends rooms, the shower cabinet wasn't leveled so the water can't go all through the drainage and it was running out;
- the rooms are very dusty and even in one of our friends rooms they found fish bones behind the curtains;
- not good insolation so it was very noisy - could hear the next room and the music from the restaurant nearby;
- the bedding was very poor and as soon as you turn the sheet is going under your body so was sleeping on the matress most of the time.
- There is nobody around the Pool and even that its not so deep (around 1,80m at one end and 1,50 the other) its danger.
- In the sauna there is not thermometer and watch so don't know what is the temperature in or how long you've been staying;
- the sauna for a big hotel like this was JUST for 4-6max people;
- the shower next to the sauna wasn't working;
- there was a room (not notated what it is) with sea salt on the floor didn't look like that it's working;
- it was dirty around the pool;
- was disappointed of the the receptionist the last day when she told me that they run out of towels as the hotel is full and started argueing with me that she's been travelling as well and not always in the hotel you can have a towel. Who cares if she's been travelling.
- didn't use any of the SPA procedures as they were 2-3 times more expensive than normal;
- And much more things.

Over all I think the managers have to read all of the clients reviews and sort the problems there as it could be all sorted also some of the staff has to be trained how to speak with clients.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We've traveled to Sandanski and the area in October 2012 and we booked the Apart Hotel Medite, we were told we have a breakfast in the Hotel Medite and we can use all the SPA and amenities. When we arrived, we found out there were some insects on the towels in our room and the smell was pretty bad! The hair-dryer, the phone and the A/C were not working !!! Then, when we went to the SPA and found out there's no SPA - there was an ongoing refurbishment - so we could only use the indoor swimming pool, it was crowded as you can imagine... When we took a shower, everything was flooded, we asked for extra towels - we didn't get them... We got very bad attitude from all the staff during our whole stay. The breakfast was the biggest joke I've seen in my life - there was of course a big "a la carte" table, but for the people in the Apart Hotel - they told us to go outside (even in the middle of our breakfast) and to have a "sandwhich" and a stale apple - that's what's included for our room... so we went outside - in almost 0 degrees and had to have dinner under the rain. We asked for water and the bartender had some attitude as well...because he had to replace the galon in the water dispencer.

I can say this is the worst hotel to stay and pay the price for... Don't go there! The price in the main building is double, and they do not tell people that the SPA is not working... crappy business. We asked to speak to the manager, she did not tell us her name when we asked - she just told us " I am the Manager of this hotel" - what a .....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DimitarStefanov
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have stayed at Apart Hotel Medite in Sept 2012, however I was entitled to use the restaurant and pool area at the main building (Spa Hotel Medite) and I have impressions on them that I would like to share.

Pool area: the pool was re-filled with a hose(!!!) – I will leave for you to decide if it has a draining system and if it is working at all. The sunbeds must have been comfortable some 5 years ago but nowadays the fabric does not give you any support and you simply have to lay on the grill that is holding it. Also there is a kids’ pool overfloating into the main pool, which I do not find very hygienic.

Breakfast: Poor quality and variety but if you are looking to have a toast with cheese you will manage to survive on it.

Rooms: The smartest thing to do if you are planning a stay in Medite would be to ask for a room in the Apart Hotel, section A, with town view, because the hotel does not charge differently for rooms with town view and road view (no need to mention that the road view comes with all the noise from the traffic). I would not recommend a stay in the Spa Hotel, as it gives you no preferences at all – by the looks of it I cannot imagine the rooms would be luxurious and worth some 70 EUR per night.
Reception desk: In terms of reception desk service I have no complaints – the staff was friendly and polite. It would have been nice to warn guests that they have to ask for an AC remote prior to going up in their room but other than the service was OK.

Mates: In terms of cleaning the mates did their job. Normally I expect them to make up the bed as well which is not the case in Apart Hotel Medite, but again I obviously went there with higher expectations than I should have. Bed mattresses and pillows are extremely uncomfortable, bed linen is inadequately small in size (i.e. if you dare to move in your bed you will end up laying straight on the not so clean mattress).

Room Tip: Book a room at Apart Hotel Medite, section A - it is very close to the Spa Hotel but still cheaper t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple