Location - off by a few km from Chumphon public beach. It is located on the other side of the road from the beach. The beach is relatively clean and devoid of people. The water is a little murky when I was there. Novotel is quite far from Chumphon town (about 16km) so if you want to get out of the hotel often, suggest that you have a car handy.
Overall hotel - minimalist decor, well maintained and clean.
Staff - friendly but most don't speak much English except for the Front Office personnel. The maintenance guy was swift in attending to a faulty faucet in the bathroom. Took him less than 10 mins to get it done.
Rooms - very large rooms but decor is odd as if there is insufficient furnishing. Clean & housekeeping does a pretty nice job. The garden facing rooms have a bathrub but the pool facing rooms doesn't. The room is large but bathroom is small.
Room amenities - complementary coffee, & water. Bathroom amenities doesn't include toothbrush and shaver. But if you request for it, I am sure they will provide you with some. Bathrobes, bedroom slippers and outdoor slippers provided.
Facilities - very good breakfast. Weekend, there is buffet but weekdays, a-la carte but you can order as much as you want. 2 medium size swimming pools next to each other. 1 small kids pool. Well maintained and clean pools.
Spa - decent spa and reasonably priced for a resort spa. Massuers were OK. I have definitely been to better ones.
Free wifi in room & everywhere else in the hotel - worked great when the password provided is working.
When I was there, there were hardly any guests so I almost had the whole hotel to myself. A great place to relax and do nothing.
The public beach has all sorts of food stalls going. Most visitors are local. Didn't even see one farang. Along the beach, there is open public showers to wash off. Next to the beach, there is a small transportation station where you can get vans to krabi and all the way to bangkok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Chumphon is a 4 star hotel on Parandonpab Beach, 15 km south of Chumphon along the southeast coast of Thailand. The perfect place for a dream holiday, the resort is easily accessible by road and rail and is 60 km by boat from Ko Samui. Set ona golf course, the hotel offers 86 rooms, excellent meeting facilities, two bars and two restaurants serving an array of local seafood and international cuisine. Guests enjoy direct beach access and the spectacular clear waters of the Gulf of Siam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Chumphon Beach Resort&Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Chumphon Beach Resort And Golf
- Novotel Chumphon Beach Resort & Golf Hotel Chumphon
- Chumphon Novotel