I visited this hotel when it had just opened about 5 or 6 yrs ago and it all looked wonderful. Now, unfortunately, bits are beginning to look tired, eg. weeds on paths, brown rust stains on blinds and generally needing a good 'work over'. The welcome at reception was as warm and helpful as ever, and the bedroom large and well equipped, although the bathroom looked as if it had had minor 'patching up' in various places. It is a lovely idea to have a very large bath,but the shower, which is over the bath, is bound to cause water damage along the walls and start to look grotty after a while (don't the people who design these bathrooms think of these little things ??) Our beds, which were lovely and large, felt very, very cold, which we couldn't understand. My husband was sure his was damp, but I think, perhaps the air con had been put on, before we arrived, and had blown on to the bedclothes, making for a very cold bed. Both times I have visited, there have been so few guests, so perhaps the room had not been used for a long time? He was not convinced, and decided to sleep on top of some towels!! We were going to eat in the hotel restaurant, but, unfortunately there was no one else eating there, so we went across the road to a local seafood place (very basic, but good food and packed full of local people) I am sorry that we had to do this, but, if like us, you feel there is nothing worse than an empty restaurant to provide a pleasant eating experience it was the only alternative. We did eat the buffet breakfast, next morning, and it was good and plentiful. On a minus point, a tray of dirty plates (room service) sat on the floor, across the corridor , from our room, all night and well into the next morning. Don't know if this is lazy staff or no one is telling them that it is not good? I also agree with one of the other reviews about the price of the internet - it should be free !!! When are Accor and other big hotel chains going to realise that this service is provided by so many smaller hotels FREE, and they should be doing the same, especially when a hotel is so far out of town, although perhaps this is it, we are a captive audience. Perhaps they should look at a brand new small hotel in Chumphon Town, which has wonderful rooms with flat screen TV on wall, DVD players with FREE rental DVD's at reception and FREE WIFI. We will be staying at this hotel again, but I will have to think long and hard before visiting this particular Novotel, which is a shame, as the grounds, pool areas and rooms are good, but it is just missing something ????
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Chumphon is a 4 star hotel on Parandonpab Beach, 15 km south of Chumphon along the southeast coast of Thailand. The perfect place for a dream holiday, the resort is easily accessible by road and rail and is 60 km by boat from Ko Samui. Set ona golf course, the hotel offers 86 rooms, excellent meeting facilities, two bars and two restaurants serving an array of local seafood and international cuisine. Guests enjoy direct beach access and the spectacular clear waters of the Gulf of Siam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Chumphon Beach Resort&Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Chumphon Beach Resort And Golf
- Novotel Chumphon Beach Resort & Golf Hotel Chumphon
- Chumphon Novotel