“Would Stay Here Again. Excellent Value.”
Review of Salsa Hostel

Salsa Hostel
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Either than the wifi acting a little iffy in our room, this was a famtastic stay. The owner is great, the place is spotless and is very roomy. Good location. I wish there was a hostel just like this place everywhere I went. Oh and breakfast is great too. Best breakfast any hostel I've been to I think. The owner will even make you a fresh cup of drip coffee in the morning. Sweet as.

Room Tip: Dorms are nice and spacious with good quilts.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
SalsaHostel, Owner at Salsa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

With pleasure :-)

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed here once before we travelled to Koh Tao and when we came back. The owner speaks great English and is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is really good. It is very clean and well cared for. The following day we were due to catch the sleeper train and after checking out the owner kindly looked after our luggage and said we could take a shower before catching the train, when we came back to collect our luggage. It is one of the best hostels we have stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
SalsaHostel, Owner at Salsa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Hi Matt,

Thanks for staying with us twice and I hope to accommodate you again in the future.

Cheers,

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Booked one night at Salsa hostel, as a transit stop between Koh Tao and our train to Bangkok, but ended up staying an extra 4 nights. The dorm room is very clean, tidy, with great additions such as a fridge and reading lights. The bathrooms were spotless and the showers were hot. Breakfast was a buffet with a great selection, amazing for the 250 baht night stay! And the staff were super friendly and went out of their way to help us. Best thing of all - its on the market street full of cheap street food, and only 15 mins from the most beautiful white beach in Thailand!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Carina & Chris,

Thanks for lovely review. You both are lovely as well. Anyway, I should thank to the nice white sandy beach of Chumphon; Thung Wua Laen beach, that attracted you back to Chumphon again.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

During my travells trough thailand i've stayed a couple of times at Salsa's and has always been a pleasant stay. Mr. salsa is a very good host. He can help you with tickets for you onward travells, tours...etc. He will do his best for you to get everything organized. I have stayed in the dorm and private room aswell, both are fresh and clean. Blankett/ towell are provided and breakfast is included wich will give you a good start of the day. There are lockers available, just bring youre own padlock. There is a sitting area where you canwatch tv/dvd. Washing machine to use (at cost). Downstairs by the reception you can sit and have a drink or snack, even if you don't stay at salsa's. Ask for his delicious fruitshake. Location is very good, 10 min walk to trainstation, 10 min to the small busstation in the centre. There is a minivan station just ascross the street. And just outside the hostel starts the evening market everyday. So food everywhere. The reasons i am giving this place the highest rating is because of the service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
SalsaHostel, Owner at Salsa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Madam Rose,

Thanks for your review which I've never expected. Really appreciate and BIG thanks. /Sood

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The hostel is 5 minutes walk from the train station, has some of the cleanest facilities I have ever seen, faster internet than I have in UK and also one of most helpful managers anywhere. He spent nearly 2 hours helping me work out where I wanted to go next and the cheapest, waist easiest way to get there. Stay here before going to the islands, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: December 2013
SalsaHostel, Owner at Salsa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Really appreciate your review and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Cheers,

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Every time I am in Chumphon I stay at different hotels. This March I decided to stay at Salsa Hostel being in Chumphon second time. I stayed in private room with private bathroom. Nice big bright room, very comfortable bed, nice corner settee ,kettle and packed tea, coffee and sugar ( free ). There were shampoo and bar soap in bathroom. Small balcony overlooking to one of main streets.
The owner was extremely hospitable, friendly and try to execute everything the guests needs. Like commonly he helped me to print boarding passes ( last year he helped me also although I stayed at another hotel ). He showed interesting places I have never been there before. I saw first time a woman had been collecting oysters.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thanks for your compliment and I hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

On my way to Koh Tao, I stopped over in Salsa Hostel for one night. The hostel in general was a pleasant surprise! The receptionist was extremely nice & helpful, and spoke remarkably good English. During my brief stay I asked him probably a thousand questions, yet he would always give me a thorough, information-packed answer with a smile on his face.

In addition, Salsa hostel was probably the cleanest I ever saw in Thailand! I was almost embarrassed to walk around with my bare traveler feet, as every corner of the hostel seemed spotless. It literally meets the Scandinavian standards in every way - unexpectedly amazing! The air-con dorm came with a wide, comfy bed and a big blanket to catch a good night sleep.

There is great value for money not only for the previously mentioned reasons but also for the fact that an all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast is included in the price!! I was so happy to wake up in the morning, walk down to the open-air lobby just to find the reception desk filled with fruits, toasts, muesli, eggs, coffee... everything you need to get your morning started before you take off on a boat towards the islands!

Salsa Hostel is THE place to stay in Chumphon!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
SalsaHostel, Owner at Salsa Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Hi Elisa,

Thanks for your review. It was more than a pleasure to service a guest like you. Thanks and look forwards to your return.

Sood : D