“Fine food”

Farang Bar
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Chumphon
Cuisines: Asian, European, British, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a simple, friendly, family run budget-style guesthouse with only eight twin or double bed rooms. One room of three single beds. No dormitories. We have our own restaurant offering both Thai and Western food. Our public bar is popular with travelers and locals alike, well stocked with extremely cold beer and specialty cocktails. We help with the full range of travel advice and ticketing. The English owner has lived locally and on the islands for nearly fifteen years so is very well connected with many dive shops and resorts on all islands, particularly Koh Tao where he still spends a lot of time to keep information up to date.
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The diner was fine and tastefull. Nothing wrong with that. At the time we were in the restaurant, there was no one who spoke English.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Spending the afternoon at Farang bar while waiting for my night train down south, it's great food and there is Ivor...free of charge ;P, he showed me where to go and what to do on my visarun to Penang, very helpful and amusing, always a laugh!
Cheers Ivor!!

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Arrived @ 8pm after long train journey very tired and hot. Ivor the owner was extremely informative and fun. Being novice backpackers it was great to hear his experiences and get advice on what and where to go. Being able to enjoy some recognisable food was a great relief but that's not knocking the Thia food as it is also amazing. If you're new to thailand then check out the Farang Bar
Happy traveling.

1  Thank Deckingboss
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The diner we had was good and fresh. It did take a while till we got the dishes but as we saw them going to the market with a moto getting some fresh veggies that was not a problem.
Also the staff was really friendly and helped us out on mosquito repellent as we did not have ours with us.

Overall it is a nice and cousy place to eat and hang out.

1  Thank Berickus
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have to say that I have been going to Farang Bar for many years now, the food is always exactly what you asked for and is always a good hearty meal. The staff are always friendly and very helpful wherever you need to go or whatever your needs are they are there to help you.

I stay at Farang Bar when doing my Malaysia Visa run, they arrange my train ticket there and also on my return save a room for me and arrange my Lomprayah boat back to Koh Tao for me, they always go out of their way to help.

Ivor is one of my favourite people and I have known him now for many years, always very welcoming and accomodating when I go there. He is highly amusing and inviting whenever I am in Chumphon.

Ivor also helps me with my customers too if they are leaving Koh Tao to go to Chumphon he is there ready and waiting for them with their rooms and forward travel that he pre arranges.

The rooms are clean, comfy and very cheap - if your passing through or staying over night you must go to Farang Bar, try the Massaman Curry, Penang Curry or even the western salads are always amazing, go visit Ivor at Farang Bar......he may even change your life in some way, if not he will help where he can :)

1  Thank Natalie A