Ella Inn
$174
TripAdvisor
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnear the train stationthe main roadguest housebasic needshot waterthe ownersri lankaa wonderful stayshort stayrecommend this placewalking distancenice guesthouserestaurants and shopseach morningexcellent locationstay there againroti
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were in your home for a couple of days and we loved it. You really made us feel at home and your hospitality was heartwarming. We really recoment this place to everybody becouse the rooms are fantastic, you can use the living room and the television as well, you have your own private garden and the people are the most friendly peolple you can imagine. Thanx for everything.
Johan Miriam Pepijn and Ruchika. Vught. Holland. p.s. vooral voor mensen met kinderen is dit een uitstekende keuze.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Malith0779100899, Owner at Ella Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

thank you a lot miriam for your great review!hope you will be back!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We arrived at 3.30am in Ella.
Pretty difficult to find a place to sleep, but the Ella guest inn gave us a place to sleep in the middle of the night! Immediately they arranged an extra matress and pillows, for us it was some exceptional hospitality!!
After a few hours of sleep we enjoyed a generious and tasty breakfast in their sunny cosy garden. NIce and clean rooms are guaranteed as well a friendly talk and information about Ella.

Ella guest inn of the "De Silva" family is a must!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jasper C
Malith0779100899, Owner at Ella Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you jasper!see you next time in evening! :D

Reviewed April 24, 2012

One of my friend and I stayed there during whole trip, it was really nice to spend time there. First of all, the host of the guest house was really kind and generous. They handled everything for me and my friend. And the room is totally clean and calm. I recommend this place to people who want to stay safely and peacefully. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hongsikmin

Thank you my friend min!see you in seoul!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My partner and our two year old son stayed here with my partners parents, and we had a lovely time, very clean rooms and good value, with the added bonus of being able to use the lounge room that is situated off the 3 bed rooms.The family who run the guest house are charming and go out of there way to make you feel comfortable and are very knowledgeable about the local area. We loved Ella and i returned there on my own with my son while my partner was on a meditation course, i felt very safe and looked after, and my son loved running around the large garden, while i drank endless cups of tea and enjoyed the pleasant surroundings! Try the coconut pancakes... they take awhile to come - but they are worth the wait!

Room Tip: its a good idea to book ahead and ask for the front room with the bathroom- this is the best room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank katyclarky

thank you kate!!!give my best regards to cute Max!!!!hope you will back here on ella soon!

Reviewed April 20, 2012

My friend and I stayed here by a lucky chance when our tuk-tuk driver sent us here because we asked for a cheap option of where to stay. Having been traveling on a budget and staying in cheaper guesthouses, we were thrilled when we got here to see that although it was an affordable option, it was also a very clean, friendly, and pleasant place to stay. Malith was such a great host and made sure we were always comfortable and taken care of. The food was excellent, especially the breakfast. Even better, there was a living room common area to hang out and eat in. The rooms were clean, with hot water, and felt like home, and the garden out lovely. The entire family here was warm and friendly and made us feel at home. Would stay here again for sure if I was back in Ella. Great value for the price, and you get to meet a wonderful family as a bonus. Great home away from home for long-time travelers.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends