“mesmerizing view, pleasant private place”
Review of Green Hill

and 1 more site!
Green Hill
Ranked #32 of 153 Ella B&B and Inns
Leiden
“mesmerizing view, pleasant private place”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This guest house was recommended to us, and it was a pleasant surprise. The small house (the owner rents out two real rooms, plus a small one in the back) is located right in Ella gap, with a totaly stunning view on to the coast (if it's not hazy). Ella Rock as well as Little Adam's Peak are right there. There is no traffic as the house is on a little path that you have to walk for the last 50 meters. The rooms are very clean and pleasant with mosquito nets and big neds. There's hot water, and the owner serves food and drinks as you like. It is a quiet place to recuperate and enjoy contemplating evenings.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
prasannaella, Owner at Green Hill, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your recommendation on my little place. It encourages me a lot & helps me a lot in my further improvements.
And also I'm glad that I could provide you a service for your satisfaction.

Good Luck !

Podi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Best location in town, with stuning view over the Ella rock to Little Adams peak
really friendly owner Podi and his wife, very helpful, and also great in cooking.
Rooms are new and realy clean even with hot water ( which we really dont need)
Sitting in terase and siping locat tea and watching over the valey or climbing busses and car to Ella.

My recomendation is to call in adwance (there is only two rooms, other is in progress) here is the number
+94779192937 or +94572050022

Injoy the Real Sri Lanka overthere!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you very much for the very pleasant feedback. All your comments help my further improvements, as well as the great encourage it gives me.
And also it'd be much more supportive to other guests as you've mentioned my contact details too.

I hope to get completed the two new rooms as soon as possible and may be on your next visit you can enjoy your tea on a newly built balcony.

Well wishes for you from both of us!

Thanks again & regards,
podi
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Excellent guest house. Very clean. Very friendly and absolutely trustworthy staff. Very nice setting. Extremely good food.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elisabeth R
prasannaella, Owner at Green Hill, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Hello,

thanks a lot for recommending my place very highly. I appreciate you very much for taking your time for me.Your review is really encouraging me.
And also I'm glad that I could provide you a satisfied service.

Good luck !

Gold Coast
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Our stay at Green Hill was definitely the highlight of our trip to Sri Lanka. Ella is such a picturesque town and the view from Green Hill was by far the best we saw around town. Podi was accommodating and helpful with anything we needed. The food was tasty and plentiful and the beer very cold. Podi is in the process of constructing another two rooms at his guesthouse but this did not interfere with the serenity of the surroundings or our stay. The room was comfortable and clean but you won't spend much time in there as you will want to make the most of the view, day and night. We would definitely stay again as it was exactly what we hoped for when coming to Sri Lanka. When we stayed the cost was Rs4000 per night + service charge. You will need contact Podi directly. His email is greenhillella.srilanka@yahoo.com and phone numbers are +94 779192937 and +94 572050022.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cathy482
prasannaella, Owner at Green Hill, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Hello,
Thank you so much for spending your precious time for writing a valuable recommendation on my place .I think it'd be very helpful to other guests as you have mentioned my contact numbers as well.

My consructions are still going on but now it's developed than earlier & I hope it'll be finished by your next visit.

And also, I'm very glad that I could provide you a service to your satisfaction.

Sorry that I took such a long time for making a response to your good review as I didn't know exactly hoe to do that onn my business page.

Hope to see you again.

Good luck!
Tiberias, Israel
Reviewed May 20, 2012

dear podi,
you know these places that you visit,and do'nt want to leave?well green hill-the place you build with your both hands-is this place!a littel trek in the mountain and you find a small house,3-4 rooms and amazing view ,clean and new rooms,tasty food,a man name podi with a great smile ,tea-and absolute quiet!can not said enough only thank you-for having us.we the family of 4 -2 adults+2 girls from israel.you have made us very happy-wish we could stay longer.we will sure be back!all the best and good luck!

Room Tip: rooms with the view! well good all of them are....
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tzufitn
Hello everybody ,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It gives me a good hand of encourage & support on my further developments.

I really my self enjoyed your stay at my place and also I'm very glad that I could make you feel home and satisfy your expectations.

Definitely we'll meet again on your next visit & I'll be looking forward to it.

Well wishes!

Thanks & regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This place is affordable and highly recommendable. Firstly, the view from Green Hill is arguably the best in Ella; from the terrace you have a fantastic view on Ella's Rock and Litte Adam's peak. Secondly, service that Green Hill owner Podi offers, is very good. The rooms are spotless, showers are fantastic and a althought a little bit expensive, the Sri Lankan food Podi makes tastes great. He is also very helpful in finding transport for you. It only has two rooms now, but Podi is building two extra rooms. The existing building could do with less colours on the outside. All in all, fantastic place!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rixt_r
Hello,

It's my great pleasure to see your generous feedback on this page and thank you very much for that. It's very supportive to me for my further improvements.

And also I'm glad that I could make a good service to meet your expects.

Wish you good luck!

Thanks again & Regards,
Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2012

came across this place by accident and sssooo glad we did. Ella is so beautiful and to stay in a nice place really made our stay. The view is to die for, the owner is fantastic and the walk to town is 6 minutes. It is just incredible. It is the best place I've stayed in our trip so far, and to add to all that it only cost Rs2000 a night, such a bargain.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple