Incredible views from the room but room 6 had the most rancid smell coming from the drains which came and went.
We paid $160 USD for b&b so it was good value considering the spectacular view. Our mistake was staying one night instead of two.
There were however a few niggles.
- We were asked to make our selections for dinner at 530pm even though we weren't eating until 730pm.
-When the main course came we were still in the middle of eating our starters
- the plates were cold and the food was lukewarm.
- The fillet steak was tough and was not a fillet. I later learnt that the Sri Lankans don't eat a lot of beef. Avoid.
- The lesson is to stick to the Sri Lankan dishes which the other guests enjoyed.
Room for improvement but all round I would stay there again because of the view and the price
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mountain Heavens hotel in Ella has been refurbished with a concept of exclusivity for those who relish nature & adventure. Consisting of eight luxurious rooms complete with all modern amenities, the Mountain Heavens boast of the best view point over the famous “Ella Gap” in the midst of diverse vegetation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your The Mountain Heavens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Heavens Hotel Ella